4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Collaboration - Combine Licks Into A Modern Rock Solo, Sign up - upload and discussion thread
Emir Hot
Jan 9 2010, 05:41 PM
Instructor
Thanks for the video. I need mixed audio as well as solo track. This is for me to better align things in the project.

To be honest about your solo I didn't hear many licks. It was more developed on a melody basis than the licks. If you want to leave it you can. I will make a comment on what I have available.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jan 9 2010, 05:53 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Ok.. so what exactly do you mean by licks? smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 9 2010, 06:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (maharzan @ Jan 9 2010, 04:53 PM) *
Ok.. so what exactly do you mean by licks? smile.gif

A short cool sounding phrase which has a start and the recognisable end smile.gif That's not really a melody, rather a phrase on its own. We need a bunch of these to construct the solo.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jan 9 2010, 06:18 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Thanks Emir, I will see what I can come up with then.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 11 2010, 04:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (maharzan @ Jan 9 2010, 05:33 PM) *
Okay, not sure if I fit into the criteria but anyway I just wanted to try here it is. I thought making a video would look cooler. wink.gif

Forgive the last long note. I didn't intend to do it but it didn't stop. lol. The long note is shortened in the mono below.

Heres the mono version.. delays are prebuilt on my G-Force (used on this).. hoping its not a problem in the mix.. Let me know and I will do it without the effects again.

Nice that you uploaded your take on a vid! good one!

I would suggest that the guitar is a little out of tune

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jan 12 2010, 07:20 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
ha! Daniel.. you caught me there. wink.gif I never check the tune.. lol. I need a guitar that never goes out of tune.. haha. I will check from now on. But I just looked at this thread after I have done another take. sad.gif My bad. Thanks Daniel for your heads up.

Anyway, I just recorded 2nd take and I am still stuck in that melodic melodies... Perhaps I just like it too much. I can't get away from it. Its so interesting when you can just come up with so different composition on the same backing track so I though I would just post it.

Hope you like it.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  collab_take_2.mp3 ( 1MB ) Number of downloads: 159
Attached File  collab_take_2_mono.mp3 ( 514.83K ) Number of downloads: 134
Attached File  collab_take_2_dry.mp3 ( 514.83K ) Number of downloads: 130

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 12 2010, 09:41 AM
Instructor
Thanks for the upload. There could be more licks but you said you like it like this smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jan 12 2010, 01:25 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Thanks Emir. Ye.. I need to understand what licks really mean. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Jan 13 2010, 07:48 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Emir I don't have to many "licks" at my disposal, as I mentioned somewhere at the beginning of our MTP.

I recorded something today, not sure if it what it should be, but no better way to find out, than by doing it;)

Attached File  with_backing.mp3 ( 680.19K ) Number of downloads: 220

Attached File  without_backing.mp3 ( 680.19K ) Number of downloads: 197

EDIT: if it is "good" enough, than I will rerecord the same thing, just to make it cleaner here and there.

This post has been edited by Marek Rojewski: Jan 13 2010, 07:50 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 14 2010, 07:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Jan 13 2010, 07:48 PM) *
Emir I don't have to many "licks" at my disposal, as I mentioned somewhere at the beginning of our MTP.

I recorded something today, not sure if it what it should be, but no better way to find out, than by doing it;)

Attached File  with_backing.mp3 ( 680.19K ) Number of downloads: 220

Attached File  without_backing.mp3 ( 680.19K ) Number of downloads: 197

EDIT: if it is "good" enough, than I will rerecord the same thing, just to make it cleaner here and there.

nice!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

+Quote Post
JamesT
Jan 17 2010, 06:33 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
I think I sort of played over my head on this one. The timing at the end is pretty bad and the legato stuff sounds rushed. I'll spend some time between now and the 27th to smooth it out, but I'm not sure how much better it can get at this point. My fingers aren't really cooperating at that speed. Some of it sounds pretty cool though. smile.gif ...

Attached File  20100116_AminorLicks.mp3 ( 1.33MB ) Number of downloads: 178

Attached File(s)
Attached File  20100116_AminorLicks_noBT.mp3 ( 1.33MB ) Number of downloads: 137

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 18 2010, 06:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JamesT @ Jan 17 2010, 06:33 AM) *
I think I sort of played over my head on this one. The timing at the end is pretty bad and the legato stuff sounds rushed. I'll spend some time between now and the 27th to smooth it out, but I'm not sure how much better it can get at this point. My fingers aren't really cooperating at that speed. Some of it sounds pretty cool though. smile.gif ...

Attached File  20100116_AminorLicks.mp3 ( 1.33MB ) Number of downloads: 178

nice James! really liked it!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

Gustav Mahler

+Quote Post
rlejr
Jan 19 2010, 06:56 PM
GMC:er
Emir,

Attached is my bit.

I want to say that the backing track is great. Very inspirational to solo over and very well recorded/mixed.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Mod_Rock__rlejr_mixed.mp3 ( 1.07MB ) Number of downloads: 148
Attached File  Mod_Rock__rlejr_solo.mp3 ( 1.19MB ) Number of downloads: 130

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Jan 19 2010, 08:34 PM
Learning Roadie
SO here is my take hope u guys can give me some pointers tongue.gif (to help me solo better )
[attachment=19957:Ruben_no_backing.mp3][attachment=19958:Ruben_Wback.mp3]

This post has been edited by ruben_mcn: Jan 19 2010, 08:35 PM

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 24 2010, 12:21 AM
Hi Emir,
I know you recommended heavily overdriven sounds but this gave me a bit of a David Gilmour feeling so mine's not as 'rock' as it could be! Still, hope it's OK though!!
biggrin.gif

[attachment=19996:Emirt_s_...olo_wbt..mp3]
[attachment=19997:Emirt_s_...olo_nbt..mp3]

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Jan 24 2010, 12:58 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Here is my take:

Emir Rock Licks Collab withBT
Emir Rock Licks Collab noBT

Cheers!

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 24 2010, 04:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (NoSkill @ Jan 24 2010, 12:58 AM) *

Nice take mate!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

Gustav Mahler

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Jan 24 2010, 04:27 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks, Daniel!

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 25 2010, 01:09 PM
I am extremely busy these days, but I would be dead before I miss this collab. I wanna take a shot bro! smile.gif

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 27 2010, 05:43 PM
Instructor
Sorry guys for not getting back to you these days. First I had a computer trouble then I had a car trouble than the PA trouble etc... Besides I've been busy as hell. Today is the last day for submission. I will take what you guys have as I really have no time for any corrections anymore. However for those that haven't submited material yet they can do tomorrow while I am mixing the track so I'll just add them into the project as I'm working on the mix.

QUOTE (enforcer @ Jan 25 2010, 12:09 PM) *
I am extremely busy these days, but I would be dead before I miss this collab. I wanna take a shot bro! smile.gif

Hi man smile.gif If you want you can still record something. Read above

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:32 PM