2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Chickenfoot's Album Is Out! Yeah!, I had to blab about this...
sidewas lightnin...
Jun 26 2009, 02:13 PM
GMC:er
Actually, it came out a few days ago, but for some reason there's no topic about it yet. I know that a few of you are going to go see chickenfoot live.

Even though Satch's guitar work is restrained a little bit, for he no longer has a reason to show off, it's still pretty amazing.

Check out this song:

Avenida Revolution

I think its one of my favorites, first song on the album, best guitar part, and the only song that really sounds foreboding at all.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I spelled my username wrong...I didn't even think that was possible!

Look at the topic for my guitar...
Finished Guitar Build

Gear:
Homemade strat (You still need to look at its topic!)
Squier strat (probably going to get rid of it and get another guitar instead) :)
Line 6 spider amp (not actually used for anything, just acts as a speaker)
Digitech Gnx2 (kind of old, but cheap, and sounds amazing!)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Skewlbuzz
Jun 27 2009, 08:18 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Overall it's a nice album, but personally I think that type of lyrics is a big drawback smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard 2008
Fender Squier '51

---------------------
Amp(like):
Blackstar Series One 45
Line6 POD Studio UX1
Marshall MG15CDR

---------------------
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
DigiTech Whammy
Z.Vex Fuzz Factory
Dunlop MXR Carbon Copy

+Quote Post
pat
Jun 27 2009, 04:45 PM
I don´t think this is the best album ever, not exactly my type of music ,too.
But: seeing those guys perform live is absolutely amazing! The sound and performence is incredible and the best part is, you can actually see that they are having a great time on stage (Sammy Hagar is awesome biggrin.gif) and so does the audience which makes them a perfect live-band!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 27 2009, 10:03 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Unfortunately for me, I can't quite get into them. Although I worship Satch and the ground he has and has yet to walk on. It didn't quite click with me.

Nonetheless, whenever Satch solos, Its a good thing smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 27 2009, 10:53 PM
Instructor
I will definitely get it soon and listen to it. Should be interesting to check out all the arrangements.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 28 2009, 12:23 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I'm looking forward to getting the album and listening to it! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Jun 28 2009, 11:37 AM
Learning Tone Master
Not really what I usually listen to, but it sounds interesting smile.gif

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Jun 28 2009, 06:40 PM
Anybody knows if there will be a tour of Chickenfoot?. It will be really interesting to see them live!

+Quote Post
JVM
Jun 28 2009, 06:47 PM
Learning Roadie
It'd be good if it wasn't for Hagar. I'm not a fan of him, but the rest of the band is groovy.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Ivan Mihaljevic
Jun 28 2009, 08:10 PM
Looking forward to hearing the album!

QUOTE (JVM @ Jun 28 2009, 07:47 PM) *
It'd be good if it wasn't for Hagar. I'm not a fan of him, but the rest of the band is groovy.

Why? I think he's a great singer!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!
Visit my website - www.ivanmihaljevic.com
my MySpace - www.myspace.com/ivanmihaljevic
And if you want to buy my CD - www.cdbaby.com/cd/ivanmihaljevic

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jun 28 2009, 09:07 PM
The Dark Canuck
Bought the album the day it came out and I must say I like it a lot more then I thought I would. I'm not a huge Hagar fan and didn't really know what to expect from this "supergroup".

However I listened to it a lot this past week while on vacation, it's pretty good cruising music actually, and it was really enjoyable. Like someone else said it's not the greatest album ever but it is certainly worth a listen imho.

+Quote Post
JVM
Jun 29 2009, 12:42 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Ivan Mihaljevic @ Jun 28 2009, 03:10 PM) *
Looking forward to hearing the album!

Why? I think he's a great singer!

Maybe it's because I always preferred Roth to Hagar in Van Halen, and so have been opposed to him from the start. But I think he sounds very generic and his singing sounds 'forced' somehow, like he's trying too hard to sound perfect. I dunno, just my 2 cents smile.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Jun 29 2009, 04:36 AM
QUOTE (JVM @ Jun 29 2009, 12:42 AM) *
Maybe it's because I always preferred Roth to Hagar in Van Halen, and so have been opposed to him from the start. But I think he sounds very generic and his singing sounds 'forced' somehow, like he's trying too hard to sound perfect. I dunno, just my 2 cents smile.gif

Well, Hagar was always like you say. In Van Halen, it seems that sometimes he sings what he actually can't. And you can see it live. But anyway, he's a nice singer. Not as Roth, but he's good

+Quote Post
Ivan Mihaljevic
Jun 29 2009, 08:06 AM
QUOTE (JVM @ Jun 29 2009, 01:42 AM) *

Actually, I'd say Hagar is way better at singing than David Lee Roth, but David is a much better entertainer for sure!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!
Visit my website - www.ivanmihaljevic.com
my MySpace - www.myspace.com/ivanmihaljevic
And if you want to buy my CD - www.cdbaby.com/cd/ivanmihaljevic

+Quote Post
TheKeplerConject...
Jun 30 2009, 06:27 AM
QUOTE (JVM @ Jun 28 2009, 06:42 PM) *

I agree. Or "agreed", rather. I really dislike everything he's put out except Balance. Balance is amazing. One of my all time favorite albums. I think it's because everyone in the band hated each other so much that it created a tension that came though on the record. In my opinion that album is better than every other VH release (Fair Warning is a close second - another album that was recorded when the band wasn't getting along).

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 30 2009, 11:10 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (rokchik @ Jun 28 2009, 10:07 PM) *
Bought the album the day it came out and I must say I like it a lot more then I thought I would. I'm not a huge Hagar fan and didn't really know what to expect from this "supergroup".

However I listened to it a lot this past week while on vacation, it's pretty good cruising music actually, and it was really enjoyable. Like someone else said it's not the greatest album ever but it is certainly worth a listen imho.

Small joke:" the worst rock albums are the ones that are not bad" biggrin.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jun 30 2009, 06:12 PM
I'm listening to it at the moment and am liking it!
Satch is more restrained than normal but everything works!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Santiago Diaz Garces @ Jun 28 2009, 06:40 PM) *
Anybody knows if there will be a tour of Chickenfoot?. It will be really interesting to see them live!

Chris went last week!!!
He started a thread about it HERE
These are the only dates I can find at the moment!!!
Looks like they're only in Europe!

CHICKENFOOT tour dates:

Jun. 20 - Austria Nova Rock Festival
Jun. 23 - Cork, Ireland: Live At The Marquee
Jun. 25 - London Shepherd's Bush Empire
Jun. 26 - Holland: Heerhugowaard
Jun. 28 - Belgium Graspop Metal Meeting Festival
Jun. 29 - Paris: Olympia
Jul. 01 - Madrid (venue to be confirmed)
Jul. 03 - Pistoia, Italy: Blues Festival
Jul. 04 - Montreux, Switzerland: Stravinski Hall
Jul. 05 - Udine, Italy: Lignano Sbbiadoro
Jul. 07 - Hamburg: Grosse Freiheit
Jul. 08 - Copenhagen: Vega
Jul. 10 - Kilafors, Sweden: Rockweekend Festival
Jul. 12 - Weert, Holland: Bospop Festival

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jul 1 2009, 12:14 AM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jun 30 2009, 07:10 AM) *
Small joke:" the worst rock albums are the ones that are not bad" biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Fingerspasm
Jul 1 2009, 01:07 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (TheKeplerConjecture @ Jun 29 2009, 11:27 PM) *
I agree. Or "agreed", rather. I really dislike everything he's put out except Balance. Balance is amazing. One of my all time favorite albums. I think it's because everyone in the band hated each other so much that it created a tension that came though on the record. In my opinion that album is better than every other VH release (Fair Warning is a close second - another album that was recorded when the band wasn't getting along).

When it comes to Hagar I prefer 3 Lock Box and Standing Hampton. Also liked him with Montrose. Bad Motor Scooter was a cool song. (Get on your bad Motor Scooter and Ride!) biggrin.gif Also kinda corny is (Suckers Walk, Money Talks, But it cant touch my 3 Lock Box! Then the guitar part!!!) Sorry But I am reliving my teenage years. rolleyes.gif To me Hagar is good Party Music. Makes me want to Chug a beer and start playing air guitar. Its just good party music!
I have listened to Chickenfoot a couple of times now and there are some good songs and some bad songs. To me its not going to be a Platinum album or anything maybe just a vehicle to promote live shows. I think thats where they will have their biggest success is if they put on a descent tour.
Had to make a quick Edit because I Remembered Sammy doing the Song Heavy Metal for the Movie Heavy Metal. Seen that when it came out at the Drive Inn Theater. That was a Great Movie.

This post has been edited by Fingerspasm: Jul 1 2009, 01:11 AM

--------------------
My Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/user/FingerSpasm?feature=mhum

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes its the quiet voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jul 1 2009, 01:15 AM
QUOTE (Fingerspasm @ Jul 1 2009, 01:07 AM) *
Standing Hampton.

there's a blast from the past!! I may have to go and listen to that again!!!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:26 PM