2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Benefits/disadvantages Of Sleep
Chris Evans
Nov 16 2007, 06:08 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
6hrs for me, if I have more then it feels like I had a night out on the beer, heavy headed, headache etc, on the odd occasion if I get less it doesnt seem to make a gr8 deal of difference, although it does catch up with me eventually.

I`m not sure that using hypnosis to train yourself to have just 4hrs sleep a day is very healthy, although as earlier posts have said I think it depends on the quality of the sleep for that period.

Be interesting tho to see your results smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Nov 16 2007, 06:54 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I sleep for about 6-7 hours, sometimes when it's less I take a 15 minute nap in the afternoon.

I'm very interested in finding means of making sleep shorter and more efficient and I have a strong belief in that 24 hours/day is not for everyone. I think people would feel better if they could adjust to whatever their personal rhythm of a day is, wether it's 20 hours or 30 hours. Meaning that it they followed their personal rhythm there would be a displacement in time each calendar day.
I would like to try it out on myself but it's very difficult to find a couple of months to run it like this where it at the same time works with job, family and childrens school.
I'd sleep when I'm tired, maybe several times during a day (according to my rhythm) where of one time would be at lest 5 hours. What would stand for the night sleep where REM is required.

I'm not so fond of sleeping so praise coffe and energy drinks! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Goliath
Nov 16 2007, 10:42 PM
GMC:er
Don't overlook other factors to keeping up your energy levels, such as diet and exercise.

I'm very active in the weight room, and I have a good level of energy almost regardless of what time it is as long as I can keep nourished w/ food every 4 or so hours. That said, I get about 6.5-7 hours of sleep a typical night. I kind of drag to get out of bed, but once the shower hits me, I'm full steam the rest of the day.

Eating a diet low in processed foods will help your energy levels as well, foods high in simple sugars (typically processed some type be it white bread or anything that's sweetened) will make you crash after about an hour.

If you're not getting any exercise, you're likely to be tired more than someone who does keep active.

All that said, after training back or legs, I get closer to 8 hours of sleep to recover.

Oh, I'm 24, if that counts for anything.

About 4 years ago when I was really serious into lifting I got about 10-12 hours of sleep a night. So consider your lifestyle and demands on your body before begining a 4 hour sleep deal.

I know some folks who do the 3-4 hours of sleep a night. I just can't function on it.

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
Pavel
Nov 16 2007, 11:26 PM
Instructor
I try to sleep at least 6 hours each day. Sometimes i even make it 8 or 9...don't have the sleeping routine laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Nov 16 2007, 11:57 PM
Instructor
Sleep ?? what's this ?? I'm always awake biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Nov 17 2007, 12:10 AM
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Nov 16 2007, 03:57 PM) *
Sleep ?? what's this ?? I'm always awake biggrin.gif

Yeah, I wonder... huh.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Nov 17 2007, 12:28 AM
Get to da Chopper!
Thanks for all you replies guys biggrin.gif

Its great reading about such a variety of sleep patterns.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Nov 17 2007, 12:50 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Did anyone (in Sweden) see 100 höjdare about that old man living out in the woods who slept only 5 minutes per day? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Bedlam
Nov 17 2007, 12:53 AM
In high school I worked 2 jobs over my last summer and got about 3-4 hours of sleep 4 days a week. By the end of each week I was so dead tired that I couldn't function. I ended up getting very sick for a couple of weeks and I had revamp my working schedule.

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Nov 17 2007, 01:47 AM
I do not care how long or how short I sleep during the week. I am staying up past midnight playing guitar Friday and Saturday nights and I will be taking a Power Nap on Sundays, and that’s just the way things are.

Nap definitions:

1-15 Minutes = Cat Nap
15-45 Minutes = Basic Nap
45 - 120 Minutes = Power Nap
Eating a big meal before a Power nap = Super Power nap

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Nov 17 2007, 01:48 AM

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 17 2007, 05:33 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Smells @ Nov 16 2007, 05:08 PM) *
6hrs for me, if I have more then it feels like I had a night out on the beer, heavy headed, headache etc, on the odd occasion if I get less it doesnt seem to make a gr8 deal of difference, although it does catch up with me eventually.

Interesting you should say that, for years i was like this! If i slept more than say 6-7 hours i would wake up with a muzzy headache sad.gif I would be like it for all day, like i was hungover or something unsure.gif

I dont get the problem so much now, but if i do oversleep i usually suffer for it!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Nov 17 2007, 06:21 AM
QUOTE (leedbreak @ Nov 16 2007, 05:47 PM) *
I do not care how long or how short I sleep during the week. I am staying up past midnight playing guitar Friday and Saturday nights and I will be taking a Power Nap on Sundays, and that’s just the way things are.

Nap definitions:

1-15 Minutes = Cat Nap

When I take a nap, it almost always comes down to a power nap. I just don't feel for getting up. If I don't get enough sleep I go crazy... wacko.gif

This post has been edited by botoxfox: Nov 17 2007, 06:22 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 17 2007, 06:26 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (botoxfox @ Nov 17 2007, 05:21 AM) *
When I take a nap, it almost always comes down to a power nap. I just don't feel for getting up. If I don't get enough sleep I go crazy... wacko.gif

Well Botoxfox.... you are pretty crazy most of the time laugh.gif Maybe you need more sleep? wink.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Nov 17 2007, 06:33 AM

This post has been edited by botoxfox: Apr 21 2011, 11:39 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 17 2007, 06:34 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (botoxfox @ Nov 17 2007, 05:33 AM) *
Hmm, I already sleep about 8-9 hours a day, shouldn't that be enough? unsure.gif

yeah thats about what I sleep.... but then im Bananas also...... unsure.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Nov 17 2007, 06:59 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (leedbreak @ Nov 17 2007, 01:47 AM) *

Nap definitions:

1-15 Minutes = Cat Nap

Hilarious pattern! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif POWER NAP! hahahahaha maaan it's amazing! laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:47 PM