4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
What Made You Want To Play The Guitar?
Hisham Al-Sanea
Feb 23 2008, 11:14 PM
Instructor
i think my talents let me to play guitar so u started in a good way.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
superize
Feb 23 2008, 11:24 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Well my first interest in paying guitar started almost a year ago when i was sitting at my computer listening to some Blind Guardian i think and then it just hit me.... I also want to be able to play like that.... Now my interest was bourn but i didnt really have the money for a guitar. I had to wait untill i had the money an i still wasnt sure that if it was worth buying a guitar(i am generelly pretty chep) Then a thing happened. I got a crack in my foot and so i was home for two weeks doing nothing so then i decided to buy a guitar. I looked for a used guitar on Tradera(Same as Ebay) and foud a pretty cheap gutar and amp so a won the auktion and i got my guitar and started playing and i have been paing ever since....

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
glazmusik
Feb 24 2008, 01:16 AM
GMC:er
This is a fantastic thread. I think it is absolutely amazing to really hear what music means to people and I think that it's wonderful.

I had always had day dreams about being a musician when I was a young kid, but I never really did anything about it, and there wasn't any musical influence in my family really. In middles school I played the saxophone, which is fun, btu I could never really put my emotions into a sax (even though it's a pretty soulful instrument). 8th grade, though, my dad and I were spending some quality time together and he played "Machine Gun" by Jimi Hendrix, when he was with Band of Gypsys, in our car, and that right there is what made me order an Epi Les Paul the following week off of eBay.

This post has been edited by glazmusik: Feb 24 2008, 01:16 AM

--------------------
"Nothing in this world worth having comes easily."

+Quote Post
rokchik
Feb 26 2008, 12:30 AM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (glazmusik @ Feb 23 2008, 08:16 PM) *
This is a fantastic thread. I think it is absolutely amazing to really hear what music means to people and I think that it's wonderful.

I had always had day dreams about being a musician when I was a young kid, but I never really did anything about it, and there wasn't any musical influence in my family really. In middles school I played the saxophone, which is fun, btu I could never really put my emotions into a sax (even though it's a pretty soulful instrument). 8th grade, though, my dad and I were spending some quality time together and he played "Machine Gun" by Jimi Hendrix, when he was with Band of Gypsys, in our car, and that right there is what made me order an Epi Les Paul the following week off of eBay.

I've enjoyed this thread aswell. It's amazing the many roads people took to playing the guitar. You have a great story aswell glazmusic, Jimi is fantasic and an inspiration for many smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ava
Mar 14 2008, 09:16 PM

If I remember correctly, I wanted to learn how to play guitar after I saw my friend performing with his band on graduation... laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Ava: Mar 14 2008, 09:19 PM

+Quote Post
IceAngel
Mar 14 2008, 09:21 PM
*Slightly embarrased* I wanted to learn how to play guitar after watching an acoustic performance on youtube with Avril Lavigne (!), where she did some songs off of her first album together with her then guitarist - I believe his name was Ethan or something like that. Anyway, shortly after that I bought an acoustic guitar and signed up for a beginner course at a nearby youth center. Sadly enough, practically none in the group took their playing seriously and although the instructor was nice and all he didn't learn us anything but how to brush our fingers across the strings; I'm pretty sure he never even made an attempt at going through theory with us either.

As luck would have it, I discovered GMC in June (I think... or was it July?) last year, and it has become one of my best friends. Everybody on this site is so great, and I'm so excited over everything I've learned. Everybody interested in music should join GMC wink.gif

//Jay

+Quote Post
Nick Kellie
Mar 14 2008, 10:29 PM
Instructor
Hank Marvin and The Shadows!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:04 AM