2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Classic Guitar, Post some ideas for Classical guitar
Potsau
Mar 4 2020, 02:35 AM
GMC:er
Hey guys

im a big fan of metal: more than metal: extremer than metal: metal til it metals up.
But also big fan of classical guitar. I already played the whole carulli guitar school and things like spanish romance and lagrima. All by notes. If you have any ideas for romantic classical guitar songs you can offer here. 😉

I choose this for beginning

The big idea is to offer Classical songs especially they are not that popular like moonlight sonata.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Potsau: Mar 4 2020, 03:02 AM

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 4 2020, 03:24 AM
Here is a gal that I'm a big fan of. Stephanie Jones. She is amazing. She is from Australia. Check her doing some bach. You may recognize some of the themes from various bits we have worked on. I don't know if there are tabs to her stuff, but it's worth a listen.

Here she plays her recital for her graduation from a German guitar school. 10 minutes of mastery and not a single note missed.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Mar 4 2020, 03:27 AM

+Quote Post
Potsau
Mar 4 2020, 03:35 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 4 2020, 03:24 AM) *
Here is a gal that I'm a big fan of. Stephanie Jones. She is amazing. She is from Australia. Check her doing some bach. You may recognize some of the themes from various bits we have worked on. I don't know if there are tabs to her stuff, but it's worth a listen.

Here she plays her recital for her graduation from a German guitar school. 10 minutes of mastery and not a single note missed.

She did her graduation where I live around the corner 😉

Yeah thats the idea. Beautiful thing but the bach sonata has no guitar transcription. I checked it on imslp.org. Its for violine and perhaps hard to reach

--------------------

+Quote Post
Potsau
Mar 4 2020, 04:52 PM

Another one

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 4 2020, 07:18 PM
Learning Rock Star
I like this one:

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 4 2020, 08:45 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I was 6 years old when this version was released and I loved it then and still do.

https://youtu.be/nj0SxGk9jQ8

Here is a more recent take with John Williams.
https://youtu.be/ekznnxaGzNU

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 4 2020, 10:32 PM
Wow! It's a small world! You live right next to her guitar school? Did you ever see her play?

QUOTE (Potsau @ Mar 3 2020, 10:35 PM) *
She did her graduation where I live around the corner 😉

Yeah thats the idea. Beautiful thing but the bach sonata has no guitar transcription. I checked it on imslp.org. Its for violine and perhaps hard to reach

+Quote Post
klasaine
Mar 4 2020, 10:50 PM
The Bach is available for guitar.
All the Bach violin sonatas are transcribed for guitar.

https://www.amazon.com/Sonatas-Guitar-Solo-...n/dp/3795795559
Assorted Bach for classical guitar ... https://www.amazon.com/s?k=bach+violin+sona...p;ref=nb_sb_nos

*Sometimes the original keys get changed to facilitate the guitar and it's tuning.

+Quote Post
Potsau
Mar 5 2020, 01:10 AM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Mar 4 2020, 07:18 PM) *
I like this one:

This is just great. I will look for the notes!

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 4 2020, 08:45 PM) *
I was 6 years old when this version was released and I loved it then and still do.

https://youtu.be/nj0SxGk9jQ8

Here is a more recent take with John Williams.
https://youtu.be/ekznnxaGzNU

Yeah Phil I love the Paco de Lucia Version. Its mor traditional. Give it a try! 😉

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 4 2020, 10:32 PM) *
Wow! It's a small world! You live right next to her guitar school? Did you ever see her play?

Its the Franz Liszt University in Weimar. Its the most frequensed and
highest recognized classical Music university in the world. So I not heard her play. But its a daily business here. 😉

QUOTE (klasaine @ Mar 4 2020, 10:50 PM) *
The Bach is available for guitar.
All the Bach violin sonatas are transcribed for guitar.

https://www.amazon.com/Sonatas-Guitar-Solo-...n/dp/3795795559
Assorted Bach for classical guitar ... https://www.amazon.com/s?k=bach+violin+sona...p;ref=nb_sb_nos

*Sometimes the original keys get changed to facilitate the guitar and it's tuning.

Ah thx. This one I will order. But not the combined tab version. I cant play classical guitar with tabs. Any equal experiences?

Here is another transcription i love. The original piano version is also the highest amount of full satisfaction. ManyOctaveHops and pedal notes! 😅

Anybody playing classical guitar here? Mabey a collab for duo?

This post has been edited by Potsau: Mar 5 2020, 01:11 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Potsau
Mar 8 2020, 08:30 AM

Try this! The most dificult guitar etudes in the world. Got the notes if anybody want to look at.

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
Mar 8 2020, 05:00 PM
QUOTE (Potsau @ Mar 8 2020, 12:30 AM) *
Try this! The most dificult guitar etudes in the world. Got the notes if anybody want to look at.

While they are challenging, the Villa-Lobos etudes (there are 12) are standard repertoire for any serious classical guitar student and many of them are used as teaching pieces.
The one above, Etude #1 is used as a right hand study. Other than a couple of big arpeggios in the middle, the left (fretting) hand is fairly simple using mostly standard open shapes and common barre chords. Also, if you notice, the right (picking) hand plays exactly the same pattern throughout. That's the focus of the piece.
It takes time to get it up to tempo, especially in the right hand but once you do, it flows very naturally.
*It's also a genius study on using open string voicings.

Here's Villa-Lobos Etude #2. This one focuses on two octave arpeggios in the left (fretting) hand. Essentially the mirror image of Etude #1.
Play this one palm muted with distortion and you get instant neo-classic style. Where do think the metal guys got the idea?

This post has been edited by klasaine: Mar 8 2020, 05:25 PM

+Quote Post
Potsau
Mar 8 2020, 07:08 PM
I know the classical influences to metal 😉. I tried the first one. Clarified the right hand picking. But it takes some time to that tempo thats right. Right hand picking feels very comfortable at #1. Seems like you did some studies with lobos? 🤓
You got foundational knowledge to the analytics of the etudes.

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
Mar 8 2020, 11:32 PM
I was a classical guitar major in college. Villa-Lobos #1 is a first or second year piece.
The hardest part of the right hand pattern is maintaining a consistent dynamic level between the individual fingers. The 3rd or annular finger is the hardest to control. It usually wants to be the loudest.

Here's another great right hand piece by the Cuban composer Leo Brower. Again, check the beautiful open string chords.

This post has been edited by klasaine: Mar 8 2020, 11:38 PM

+Quote Post
Potsau
Mar 8 2020, 11:55 PM
QUOTE (klasaine @ Mar 8 2020, 11:32 PM) *
I was a classical guitar major in college. Villa-Lobos #1 is a first or second year piece.
The hardest part of the right hand pattern is maintaining a consistent dynamic level between the individual fingers. The 3rd or annular finger is the hardest to control. It usually wants to be the loudest

Here's another great right hand piece by the Cuban composer Leo Brower. Again, check the beautiful open string chords.

This is great. Dif you crack it in that way?

Did you listened to my carulli covers? 🤓. What you say about my technique as a studied classi? I really want to know. Especially the long carulli Rondo.

Ricardo Cobo sounds very similar to the first Lobos etude

This post has been edited by Potsau: Mar 9 2020, 12:45 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
Mar 9 2020, 03:03 AM
Your left hand is pretty good but your right hand needs some work. Your not really playing with nails and your hand position is not allowing you to bring out the tone of the guitar.

Watch Julian Bream. One of the best that there ever was. This performance has some great shots of his right hand.

Here's David Russell. Again, great right hand work.

This post has been edited by klasaine: Mar 9 2020, 05:26 AM

+Quote Post
Potsau
Mar 9 2020, 08:16 AM
I know. Right hand should angled down. I tried it with nails but that feeling gives me the creeps. Mabey I try it with artificial nails.

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
Mar 9 2020, 03:17 PM
Your nails don't have to be long. Just so they are slightly above the finger tip.
It will make you sound a lot better - guaranteed.

+Quote Post
Potsau
Mar 10 2020, 07:16 PM
Thanks for that. I will try this soon.. With wich work I should go further after Carulli Op241?
I did that whole thing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
Mar 10 2020, 07:45 PM
QUOTE (Potsau @ Mar 10 2020, 11:16 AM) *
Thanks for that. I will try this soon.. With wich work I should go further after Carulli Op241?
I did that whole thing.

Do you have the 120 studies for the right hand by Mauro Giuliani? Start with that.

https://www.classicalguitarshed.com/sm-giul...120-right-hand/
http://www.stormthecastle.com/classical_gu...-right-hand.pdf

Then apply the technique(s) to whatever classical pieces you like to work on.

This post has been edited by klasaine: Mar 10 2020, 07:47 PM

+Quote Post
Potsau
Mar 10 2020, 08:07 PM
Yeah i got those. Bought it a couple of monts ago

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 07:17 AM