Rob Chapper Defines Metal For Us, WIN or FAIL?
Todd Simpson
Mar 6 2020, 12:01 AM
GMC:er
Here Mr Chappers gives us some tips on 80s Metal technique. I must admit he does hit the high spots. The importance of the palm mute, the importance of the key of E in general, and the importance of down stroking and hand synch. Sadly his guitar sounds out of tune which is a bit annoying.

What do you think? Does he "Define Metal" or does he just chugg a bit with an out of tune Yamaha Guitar? Personally I think he should have used an Ibby. Then again I always think that when I see anyone playing guitar smile.gif He also calls the Pick a Plectrum which is a European thing so don't let it throw you off when he says "plectrum".

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Mar 8 2020, 04:23 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
The open E sounds way off while the rest sounds close to in tune to me for whatever reason. Sounds weird and surprised Chapper and others didn't notice! Decent video that covers the metal basics. I respect Chapper and his chops but probably not his best tone. There is much better content for metal on GMC from most of the instructors and lessons if you ask me. Darius has some great Metal Chop lessons, Ben Higgins lessons are legendary and off course you have a endless amount of exceptional tutorial and metal content on here (all tight and in tune).

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 8 2020, 11:50 PM
GMC:er
I had the same thought. How did this out of tune thing slip in to his video? He's a working pro and it's a rookie mistake. Also, agreed on his tone being a bit crap. He's surrounded by great amps including his own line of tube amps and this is the tone he pulls out? hmm.

Todd

QUOTE (DeGroot @ Mar 7 2020, 11:23 PM) *
The open E sounds way off while the rest sounds close to in tune to me for whatever reason. Sounds weird and surprised Chapper and others didn't notice! Decent video that covers the metal basics. I respect Chapper and his chops but probably not his best tone. There is much better content for metal on GMC from most of the instructors and lessons if you ask me. Darius has some great Metal Chop lessons, Ben Higgins lessons are legendary and off course you have a endless amount of exceptional tutorial and metal content on here (all tight and in tune).

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:41 AM