3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Modern Guitar Love
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 22 2020, 10:04 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jun 7 2020, 02:05 AM) *
I am not saying he wasn't awesome

If that ain't the love child of Marty Friedman and Blues Saraceno I don't know who is 😲

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 22 2020, 03:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jun 22 2020, 06:04 AM) *
If that ain't the love child of Marty Friedman and Blues Saraceno I don't know who is 😲

hahaha well spotted!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 23 2020, 07:05 PM
GMC:er
Agreed!!! smile.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 22 2020, 10:10 AM) *
hahaha well spotted!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 23 2020, 10:39 PM
GMC Founder
Playing wise it seems to be mostly Marty though, in this video at least!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jun 24 2020, 11:39 AM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jun 22 2020, 10:04 AM) *

Attached Image

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Anese
Jun 24 2020, 12:45 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jun 22 2020, 11:04 AM) *

his style reminds me of this guys who did this live Scorpions cover that went viral on youtube then he joined Scorpions live later on.

I didnt know Bleues Saraceno but searching him made stumble across this video and he said pretty good stuff which might impact your thoughts about becoming a professional guitar player these days. that was a nice guitar talk i guess.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 24 2020, 01:08 PM
GMC Founder
Anese I havent checked the whole video yet, but I can understand if Blues sounds grumpy about the industry.

He released some iconic instrumental albums just when Grunge was becoming mainstream... bad timing to say the least.

If he had been out earlier I think he would have been considered one of the greatest 80s guitarists.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 25 2020, 07:38 AM
Well said. He missed it by maybe a year or two. He was an amazing player IMHO. He just came in at the tail end of the whole "guitar God" thing, right when it was no longer cool to be a guitar god and everyone was selling their shredder guitars for a fender jaguar and buying flannel shirts smile.gif That's why FLUFF can't play leads. He cam up during a time when playing lead just wasn't considered cool.

Todd

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jun 24 2020, 08:08 AM) *
Anese I havent checked the whole video yet, but I can understand if Blues sounds grumpy about the industry.

He released some iconic instrumental albums just when Grunge was becoming mainstream... bad timing to say the least.

If he had been out earlier I think he would have been considered one of the greatest 80s guitarists.

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jun 25 2020, 11:40 AM
Absolutely loved this LP when it came out (1992).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 25 2020, 02:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Anese @ Jun 24 2020, 08:45 AM) *
his style reminds me of this guys who did this live Scorpions cover that went viral on youtube then he joined Scorpions live later on.

I didnt know Bleues Saraceno but searching him made stumble across this video and he said pretty good stuff which might impact your thoughts about becoming a professional guitar player these days. that was a nice guitar talk i guess.

On a side note, Damian Salazar is a street musician from my city. He became famous first because Roger Waters discovered Damian in the streets of Buenos Aires and invited him to play... then something similar happened with Scorpions! They invited to play at the big concert his Still Loving you version.

QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jun 25 2020, 07:40 AM) *

Some time ago I've wondered what he was doing and I found this track (used for red dead redemption 2 videogame):

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Jun 25 2020, 08:05 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jun 24 2020, 02:08 PM) *

Hey Kris
At 1:10 to 1:50 he talked about how he’s into making rock and blues themed stuff for films and tv shows rather than just spending a lot of time writing a record, where we still don’t know if that gonna sell very well or not.
I don’t know much about the music industry but for the likes of me whos still considered a new comer to the guitar world I had this idea in my head that the only way to make a decent living out of playing the instrument is to be in big bands or write a shredicilous solo album, while in fact I didn’t know that there’re more ways to invest in musical works such as video gaming music, commercial music..etc., they might pay less than being a rock star but I think there’s more potential into it to find it’s place in the music market.
one of the those examples that truly amaze me is "the dethklok" project of metalocalypse by Brendon Smallman, the show was a success from what i see. and i did really liked the show from a music perspective and also it was very funny. adding into that i wasn't into death metal at all.

This post has been edited by Anese: Jun 25 2020, 08:07 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 25 2020, 08:25 PM
That is truly awesome!! If a street musician can do stuff like this, what excuse to the rest of us have?

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 25 2020, 09:25 AM) *
On a side note, Damian Salazar is a street musician from my city. He became famous first because Roger Waters discovered Damian in the streets of Buenos Aires and invited him to play... then something similar happened with Scorpions! They invited to play at the big concert his Still Loving you version.

Some time ago I've wondered what he was doing and I found this track (used for red dead redemption 2 videogame):

+Quote Post
Anese
Jun 25 2020, 09:56 PM
Learning Roadie
speaking of that guitar god era, a while back i was watching one of steve vai guitar talk videos that he's being doing lately on his youtube channel, he talked about how he struggled during that time when the grunge wave hit pretty hard and everyone thought that it was over for this shred thing. but what caught me the most he talked about an article in some magazine (he didnt mention the magazine name or any info related to the article) but he talked about it like most of the audience knew what was it, he went through how it hurt him so much reading that one and how aggressive it was criticizing him.
anyone have an idea what that article was ? or maybe there was series of articles hit one after the other during that time.

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 25 2020, 08:38 AM) *
Well said. He missed it by maybe a year or two. He was an amazing player IMHO. He just came in at the tail end of the whole "guitar God" thing, right when it was no longer cool to be a guitar god and everyone was selling their shredder guitars for a fender jaguar and buying flannel shirts smile.gif That's why FLUFF can't play leads. He cam up during a time when playing lead just wasn't considered cool.

Todd

I saw this amazing young guitarist from russia the other day, i think you should take a look

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 25 2020, 03:25 PM) *

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 26 2020, 08:31 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jun 25 2020, 12:40 PM) *

This is def one of my fav instrumentsl albums of all time! 👌👌👌

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jun 26 2020, 12:31 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 25 2020, 02:25 PM) *

Love that track, didn't know it had been used in a Game!

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jun 26 2020, 08:31 AM) *

Definitely!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 26 2020, 02:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jun 26 2020, 04:31 AM) *

For any reason I didn't get this album in time so my favorite was "Never Look Back". Now I'm re-checking Plaid, THAT phrasing!! wub.gif

Here you can see a young Saraceno playing with Poison on Argentinian TV, breaking everything and running out!! laugh.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 27 2020, 03:36 AM
What the heck happened? One minute they are doing their tune, then bam, drummer is on the floor, and they all run off stage. Ahh poison smile.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 26 2020, 09:55 AM) *
For any reason I didn't get this album in time so my favorite was "Never Look Back". Now I'm re-checking Plaid, THAT phrasing!! wub.gif

Here you can see a young Saraceno playing with Poison on Argentinian TV, breaking everything and running out!! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 27 2020, 08:34 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 26 2020, 11:36 PM) *
What the heck happened? One minute they are doing their tune, then bam, drummer is on the floor, and they all run off stage. Ahh poison smile.gif

hahah that's crazy.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 27 2020, 10:43 PM
Yup, that Russian Kid is AMAZING. This might have been the article VAI was talking about. He went from being a GOD to being slammed in the press for a few years and now is back to GOD status smile.gif Grunge came in and all the sudden people stopped playing solos. many of the guys in grunge bands (e.g. kobain) were not lead players. They were rythm players and song writers. Almost like guys in punk band. The drummer in Nirvana is a far better guitarist than Kobain was, but Kurt had the "Zeitgeist". The excess of eighties playing had run it's course and it was time for something new. So things switched from hyper technical to anti technical for a while. The good news is that kids still wanted to learn to actually play, so now youtube is full of folks, like that Russian kid, who still play Racer X Covers. Shred will never die as long as there are young players coming up who want to actually learn to play smile.gif

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 27 2020, 10:43 PM

+Quote Post
Anese
Jul 6 2020, 08:13 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks for putting that cover Todd
i'll try to find a copy of that issue somewhere on the internet.

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 27 2020, 11:43 PM) *
Yup, that Russian Kid is AMAZING. This might have been the article VAI was talking about. He went from being a GOD to being slammed in the press for a few years and now is back to GOD status smile.gif Grunge came in and all the sudden people stopped playing solos. many of the guys in grunge bands (e.g. kobain) were not lead players. They were rythm players and song writers. Almost like guys in punk band. The drummer in Nirvana is a far better guitarist than Kobain was, but Kurt had the "Zeitgeist". The excess of eighties playing had run it's course and it was time for something new. So things switched from hyper technical to anti technical for a while. The good news is that kids still wanted to learn to actually play, so now youtube is full of folks, like that Russian kid, who still play Racer X Covers. Shred will never die as long as there are young players coming up who want to actually learn to play smile.gif

Attached Image

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:40 AM