What Do U Use?, drum machines
sigma7
Jun 7 2009, 05:00 AM
GMC:er
hey GMC! its me. I was wondering what a good software is for drumming. I dont want to record drumming but just make a drumming beat on my computer. I dont own a drum kit so i cant record myself so i need the computer to make it for me. Can anyone suggest a software that can do this?

Thanks smile.gif
-Alex

PS. Im sure this has been posted somewhere before so im sorry if it has. Thank you for your time smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 7 2009, 01:33 PM
Instructor
Whats your budget mate?

There are several good drum VST instrument products out there, and the ones that we would usually recommend for starters are:

Toontrack EZDrummer:

What you see here is basically a EZD plugin that you can open inside DAW (Reaper, Cubase, Logic etc). In the first picture you can see a virtual drum set, in the second one groove library that comes with it. These are basically MIDI files that you can drag&drop to MIDI track in DAW without any need of manually writing the grooves. You can edit the grooves, or make your own if you want of course.

EZdrummer® Facts & Features from the Toontrack website:

• 7000 sound files at 16-bit / 44.1kHz equivalent to 5Gb of uncompressed wav files.
• Instant access to more than 8000 midi drum patterns with prelistening, quick browsing and drag’n’drop functionality.
• Same extensive layer depth on all drums and cymbals as in EZdrummers big brother - dfh SUPERIOR.
• EZdrummer® ranges from entry level usability to pro handling
• Features multiple microphone control
• TPC II reduces system requirements to a minimum
• Operates in General MIDI
• Internal mixer allows stereo and multitrack routing into the host through one single plug in
• Preset mix modes for quick sound changes
• Interface visualizes the drums loaded and combines auditioning and kit construction
• Drums recorded at Avatar Studios, New York by worldclass drummers and producers
• The humanizer function combines drum hit randomizing and non-cycling
• Velocity sweep allows instant changes to MIDI data, extending groove context relevance
• Possibilities for the user to add their own MIDI files to the library

There are many possible upgrades for EZDrummer and some of them are:

Nashville kit

Latin Percussion kit

Twisted Kit

Vintage Rock Kit

Claustrophobic Kit

Drumkit From Hell

etc..

Other great product in that price range is XLN Audio Addictive Drums:

This is another great product, and it has good tone shaping features built in. I'm not sure how quality compares to EZD, but you won't make a mistake choosing one over another - they are both very good at what they do.

It also features expansion pack, only one I think:

Retro ADpak

Ezdrummer costs around 150$, and Addictive drums around 230$. IMO EZD is a better buy. Expansion packs for EZD are all around 80$, and Retro Adpak for AD is ~120$.

Hope this, helps, let us know if you need more advanced recommendations.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Jun 7 2009, 01:33 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jun 7 2009, 03:08 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
^^What Ivan said smile.gif

Buit if you can afford it, go for Toontrack Superior 2.0

That's the best drumkit you can get as a plug-in IMO smile.gif
And now with the two expansion packs that has been recieving rave rewievs, you can't go wrong smile.gif

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jun 7 2009, 03:23 PM
Instructor
I use AD most of the time
and it has its own fxs so you don't have to attach anything from outside. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
sigma7
Jun 7 2009, 06:35 PM
GMC:er
sweet, thanks guys, ill check them both out. as far as budget, i dont really have one. I would like to invest in something like this smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 7 2009, 07:32 PM
Instructor
If your budget is limited it may be a good idea to get EZdrummer for starters.

If you don't care about budget get Toontrack Superior 2.0. It's advanced and very realistic drum software. It is compatible with EZDrummer samples so you can use all the kits from EZD within Superior as well. Couple of new expansion packs and cheap MIDI groove pack files are something that are just as an added bonus for this recommendation. I use this plugin and it is probably best VST drum available.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:27 PM