What Do You Think Of Trivium ?
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Oct 19 2007, 09:14 AM
GMC:er
Well The Uncreator posted a topic with Triviums new song " Becoming the Dragon" as seen here

I always thought Trivium was one of those bands people hated, like some people felt or feel about DragonForce or bands like Fall Out Boy and stuff like that.

But tell me what you think. I think they are damn good. You be the judge\

Song-Dying in Your Arms

Song-The Rising ( One of my Favorites)

Guitar Demonstrations

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Oct 19 2007, 09:35 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Theres actually an entire thread on this i think, and i think its about 50/50 on here with people who like them and dont.

And trivium is similar to dragonforce, in the way that so many people hate them, and watch all there youtube videos and complain about them. I think dragonforce has it a bit worse though.

I myself, love trivium, they started out where i grew up. i remember when Ember to Inferno came out and i picked up a copy and just loved it, i remember seeing them when they were like 17 and 18 playing very small gigs, and to see them now playing sold out shows across the world is awesome. One of my favoirte bands off all time.

this will come up more than likely so ill just say it, i see no resemblence between James Hetfield and Matt Heafys vocals, i think they sound totally different, besides maybe one or two songs, i dont think they sound anything like metallica either, no riff on any metallica album sounded like The Crusade, Contempt Breeds Contamination, or And Sadness will sear, for examples.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Oct 19 2007, 09:38 AM

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Oct 19 2007, 09:44 AM
Yeah I really do like Trivium and I didnt know there was a thread about this already ?

Anywho If I was to name one thing about Trivium that I dont care for it would be this. I have heard Trivium considers themselves the new Metallica ?

Next.....

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Soul_Decision
Oct 19 2007, 09:49 AM
I like Trivium because of the guitars! I really liked the vocals for Ember to Inferno and Ascendancy. The vocals for The Crusade are alright. I prefer Matt's screams over his singing.

--------------------
Push through all barriers.......Never self-limit.........Because there is none

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Oct 19 2007, 09:49 AM
Thats been blow out of proportion, the actual story was in an 4-5 page interview, youd have to read the whole thing to get the interview.

People call them all sorts of names, and accuse them of so many things, fact is, those people dont know them, so who are they to judge? Ive met Matt and Cory, and they arent assholes, there down to earth guys who just love music and love to play it, there extremely nice, just good people.

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Oct 19 2007, 09:51 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Oct 19 2007, 12:49 AM) *
Thats been blow out of proportion, the actual story was in an 4-5 page interview, youd have to read the whole thing to get the interview.

People call them all sorts of names, and accuse them of so many things, fact is, those people dont know them, so who are they to judge? Ive met Matt and Cory, and they arent assholes, there down to earth guys who just love music and love to play it, there extremely nice, just good people.

Ok Cool, Thanks for Clearing that Up. Do you by any chance have a link to the interview ?

- John

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Soul_Decision
Oct 19 2007, 09:58 AM
Do any of you guys know how to play the song Declaration?

This post has been edited by Soul_Decision: Oct 19 2007, 10:11 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Oct 19 2007, 10:33 AM
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Oct 19 2007, 12:51 AM) *
Ok Cool, Thanks for Clearing that Up. Do you by any chance have a link to the interview ?
- John

God, that was last year in the summer, before the crusade came out, i think in metal maniacs, ill have to dig around.

The jist of it was, they were using metallica as a reference for what they wanted to do, Metallica started out as nothing and grew to something massive, which is why Matt Heafy made a statement along the lines of 'We are going to be the next metallica', basically he was saying he wanted to become that massive musical entity, and well, with "The Crusade", Trivium has done so, even if you hate them, you cant deny there success.

And on the subject of "Declaration", i know how to play it, i cant remember the solos for the life of me, id have to pop in the album, refresh my memory.

+Quote Post
Soul_Decision
Oct 19 2007, 10:49 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Oct 19 2007, 02:33 AM) *
God, that was last year in the summer, before the crusade came out, i think in metal maniacs, ill have to dig around.

The jist of it was, they were using metallica as a reference for what they wanted to do, Metallica started out as nothing and grew to something massive, which is why Matt Heafy made a statement along the lines of 'We are going to be the next metallica', basically he was saying he wanted to become that massive musical entity, and well, with "The Crusade", Trivium has done so, even if you hate them, you cant deny there success.

And on the subject of "Declaration", i know how to play it, i cant remember the solos for the life of me, id have to pop in the album, refresh my memory.

Do you have it tabbed out? I seen them on tab sites but they sound off. I really want to learn that song lol. My ear isn't that much developed yet.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Oct 19 2007, 10:51 AM
well im house sitting right now for my aunt, but i think once i get home i should be able to throw a tab together.

+Quote Post
Soul_Decision
Oct 19 2007, 11:23 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Oct 19 2007, 02:51 AM) *
well im house sitting right now for my aunt, but i think once i get home i should be able to throw a tab together.

Thanks!! I really appreciate it biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Oct 19 2007, 09:39 PM
Here is a tab for Declaration, http://ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/t/trivium/...aration_tab.htm

If your looking for tabs usually ultimate-guitar.com has them, its just the matter of finding the accurate ones, use the ones that have 4-5 stars on them they are the most accurate, also sometimes certain songs are only tabbed out in powertabs or guitarpro.

You can download powertabs for free or order guitarpro for 50 or 60 dollars i believe.

Hope this helps biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 02:03 PM