2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Holy Guitar! Its A Dream Machine!, Gibson DarkFire
newguyatgmc
Nov 13 2009, 12:38 AM
GMC:er
Guys Check this guitar out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0DbVPL-3o8

I wish I could buy that guitar....it sounds like heaven and can tune itself.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by newguyatgmc: Nov 13 2009, 12:40 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Nov 13 2009, 02:09 AM
oh wow....for once in my life.....i think i want a gibson!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Nov 13 2009, 02:15 AM
This is so useful when you have to use 2 different tunes live. This is happening right now to me, and I have always to take 2 guitars. It's so annoying!!

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Nov 13 2009, 03:02 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Yeah, the Gibson Robot's are cool guitars. There are a few around here that have been on the wall hangers forever. They don't seem to generate much interest, though they are totally cool. The Darkfire looks special.

I was just reading. You can create tones in Guitar Rig and store them in the guitar. Sorta cool.

This post has been edited by NoSkill: Nov 13 2009, 03:07 AM

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
newguyatgmc
Nov 13 2009, 03:18 AM
Can we compare this guitar to parker fly, versatility wise. Just looking for opinions

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Nov 13 2009, 12:26 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (newguyatgmc @ Nov 13 2009, 03:18 AM) *
Can we compare this guitar to parker fly, versatility wise. Just looking for opinions

I think this is more versatile than Parker Fly smile.gif

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Nov 13 2009, 12:45 PM
Dude!!! biggrin.gif

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Nov 13 2009, 12:55 PM
Learning Tone Master
Great guitar and very innovative for a Gibson but I would rather get a Les Paul Custom for 3K!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Nov 13 2009, 12:58 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hehehe those "robot" gibsons are awesome! smile.gif
ITs a really cool innovation that should be on all guitars in the future smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Jesse
Nov 13 2009, 01:28 PM
That guitar is UGLY.
Hate it's sound.

Meh.

This post has been edited by Jesse: Nov 13 2009, 01:32 PM

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
vampire18
Nov 13 2009, 02:44 PM
Learning Rock Star
lol, im immuned to the temptation, they dont make it lefty. saves myself a couple of $

--------------------

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Nov 13 2009, 02:50 PM
QUOTE (Jesse @ Nov 13 2009, 06:28 AM) *
That guitar is UGLY.
Hate it's sound.

Meh.

I liked the comment you left for it there, about just buying a strat instead. I especially like how you left the comment from your account named "epiphonefan" which shows a lot of nerve wink.gif

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
ItsMe
Nov 13 2009, 03:20 PM
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Search/Default...0&Search=Go

they get cheaper and cheaper because nobody wants to buy them. But everyone i know that has one, loves them.

+Quote Post
newguyatgmc
Nov 13 2009, 03:31 PM
Why dont people buy them. Is there any major diff between actual lespaul custom and this one. If yes what?

@Jesse: I love strats. i am just trying to understand more about this machine. (thanks to the fact that I am a tech geek.)

Would it be interesting to have a robot strat biggrin.gif. Not that I want to digress from my original question.

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Nov 13 2009, 03:39 PM
Well, the thing isn't demo'd very well. The sound quality of the recording really makes the thing sound like a cheap starter-kit-junk guitar. I'd be surprised if it sounded anywhere near that bad live --and through an amp with settings NOT dialed in by that questionable presenter.

Also, I hear the robot has some drawbacks where it can be confused if you touch the tuners (ever) and it will happily break your strings or itself? I can't remember how that went, but maybe NoSkill will remember more of what he learned at the store.

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Nov 13 2009, 04:03 PM
QUOTE (jafomatic @ Nov 13 2009, 02:39 PM) *
Well, the thing isn't demo'd very well.

True!

Billy Morrison makes it sound a little better!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Fran
Nov 13 2009, 04:43 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
I've read about darkfire before, yes they are cool.

What I don't get is how well the guitar neck handles all these different tuning changes. It can tune, but I believe it can't adjust intonation or truss rod. Constantly changing tunings probably isn't all that good for a guitar, though it sure is convenient.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Jesse
Nov 13 2009, 04:52 PM
QUOTE (jafomatic @ Nov 13 2009, 02:50 PM) *
I liked the comment you left for it there, about just buying a strat instead. I especially like how you left the comment from your account named "epiphonefan" which shows a lot of nerve wink.gif

ya gotta start somwhere!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Nov 13 2009, 06:22 PM
how can you say it doesnt sound good?

maybe its not ultra high saturated gain you are looking for, but what i heard was a pretty decent blues tone, which the guy mainly plays anyways.

and on another note...how the heck is THAT ugly? i mean i know looks are subjective....but its a really beautiful violin quilt....i fail to see how that can be ugly...

hmmm...is there a method to your madness?

to newguyatgmc:

this guitar will be very versatile. you will be able to get all the sounds the parker gets and more! the only thing is, is the price justified for you...if i have the money...i might very well get something like this...but who knows what the heck id do with $3000 in my hand.....

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Jesse
Nov 13 2009, 06:40 PM
QUOTE (Marc_Maiden @ Nov 13 2009, 06:22 PM) *
how can you say it doesnt sound good?

maybe its not ultra high saturated gain you are looking for, but what i heard was a pretty decent blues tone, which the guy mainly plays anyways.

and on another note...how the heck is THAT ugly? i mean i know looks are subjective....but its a really beautiful violin quilt....i fail to see how that can be ugly...

hmmm...is there a method to your madness?

to newguyatgmc:

this guitar will be very versatile. you will be able to get all the sounds the parker gets and more! the only thing is, is the price justified for you...if i have the money...i might very well get something like this...but who knows what the heck id do with $3000 in my hand.....

Lol:D

I just think it sounds crap.
And it looks horrible.
can;t explain why.
It just is a bad guitar xD

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:19 PM