Alternate Picking 6 Workout, Practice Exercise
Victor Simion
Aug 10 2020, 06:13 PM
Learning Roadie
Here is my practice exercise

I have the most trouble playing that sequence of notes on the same string.
I gradually builded speed and I stopped when I felt like I was starting to completely lose my hand sync, maybe my fingers got tired along the way when I was pushing the speed.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 10 2020, 08:02 PM
Instructor
Hi Victor! Great to see you practicing these licks! You are on the right track here. Let me share some thoughts and suggestions:

- I would practice technique using a bit less drive/gain so you can have more dynamics.
- Try to make your right hand up and down movement smaller. Focus on making the smaller possible.
- Your left hand fingers could also move less. Also try to economize movement. That's the key to gain more speed.

That's all by now! Keep on the good job!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 11 2020, 03:13 AM
GMC:er
NICE!!! Very good on sync, control and muting. As gabe says a bit less gain may be in order. The better you get the less gain you'll need or want. You can increase or decrease the amount of distortion by how hard you pick the strings. This is what creates a sense of "dynamics"

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:31 AM