> #35 Chromatic Scales For Precision And Endurance, Using Chromatic Scale shapes for Fun and Pleasure
Todd Simpson
post Jul 7 2018, 07:13 PM
Post #1

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

INTRO
In this Quick Licks, we are going to play a VERY simple lick. I mean dead simple. It's the same notes on every string all the way up the strings. By now you should have a good handle on your ALTERNATE PICKING which will serve you well here. This is a basic chromatic scale which means that each note is just one half step or fret away from the last one. We are going to play four notes per string on each string of the guitar. I'm going to Demo this in one position, but you can play it anywhere on the guitar that you like, right after you play it in the right spot for your video submission smile.gif
You can also reverse the order of the notes, and indeed create your own chromatic workouts! Please do share this right after you play it once through as written. Keep a solid palm mute because if you don't this entire thing will turn in to MUSH. Each note must be muted right after it is struck to allow for the next notes. Per usual, there are no gaps. One gap and you will need to start fresh. So even though this is a simple bit, playing it correctly can be a challenge, especially at speed. DIG IN!!!
*Make sure to watch the vid!. It Contains the "Secret Sauce"

*NOTE: Pay Special attention your muting as each note has to be stopped just after it's struck.

BACKGROUND / COMMENTS : Do not be thrown off if you can't shred this drill on the first try. If it was that easy, everyone would be yngwie. Give yourself some time to get to know this lick and you will be able to play with precision/speed in no time!

Attached Image

Attached File  35.gp5 ( 1.99K ) Number of downloads: 17

BTW:
Please let me know if you have any questions about this lick, send me a PM if you like or post here. I'm happy to help!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jul 7 2018, 07:57 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2019 - 01:58 AM