2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Where Do You Live?
Rock
Jul 8 2007, 12:16 AM
GMC:er
I happened to be replying to a thread and noticed Andrew does not live too far from me. He lives in Connecticut which is maybe a 100 miles or so away. Very close in the scheme of things. Just curious where everyone is from since there are some GMCers from the states and many from overseas. What say you? Oh, and maybe how close you are to a major metropolitan area like London, New York, Los Angeles... I live in Londonderry, NH which is about 45 minutes north of Boston MA

Rock

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Robin
Jul 8 2007, 12:22 AM
I'm pretty sure it have been a topic like this, buuut anyway:

I live in Alta, Norway(north norway, Finnmark). In the summer the Sun is up 24/7 and in the winter its down almost 24/7 biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
AliMo
Jul 8 2007, 12:29 AM
I live on Long Island, about 20 minutes away from New York city

QUOTE (Robin @ Jul 7 2007, 06:22 PM) *
In the summer the Sun is up 24/7 and in the winter its down almost 24/7 biggrin.gif

omg really!? that would scare me biggrin.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Ibanez RG4EX1 - Schecter Spitfire-6

Amp: Line6 SpiderIII 30W

Effects: PodXT Live

IPB Image

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Jul 8 2007, 01:03 AM
I live in the USA in Tennessee.It's very country out here and alot of mountains and woods.Pretty cool place.Man the post above about the sun being out all day and night was wild.I here there really into Metal in Norway.

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
kethcup
Jul 8 2007, 01:14 AM
I live in Denver, CO USA

The good old 'Rockies'! smile.gif

--------------------

Ketchup

Ibanez Prestige S2170 Electric Guitar
Ibanez Prestige S1620 Electric Guitar
Ibanez RG350MDX Electric Guitar
Jackson Kelly Professional

Boss GT-6 Guitar Floor Processor
Sonar6 Studio Edition

M-Audio BX5-a Studio Monitors

Marshall VS65R Combo Amp

+Quote Post
Robin
Jul 8 2007, 01:43 AM
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Jul 8 2007, 12:03 AM) *
I live in the USA in Tennessee.It's very country out here and alot of mountains and woods.Pretty cool place.Man the post above about the sun being out all day and night was wild.I here there really into Metal in Norway.

Hehe yeah, maybe you've heard about Norwegian Black Metal? Black metal kind of started in Norway, but actually in 1983 the Swede Quorthon and his one-man-band Bathory released his first album, wich was pure black. And then Mayhem(from Norway) released their first demo in 1986 I think. And from there on there came tons of bands like this from Norway, really, really good bands. Darkthrone, Mayhem, Burzum, Immortal, Gorgoroth, Emperor and many others.

This post has been edited by Robin: Jul 8 2007, 01:44 AM

+Quote Post
Rock
Jul 8 2007, 02:12 AM
QUOTE (Robin @ Jul 8 2007, 12:22 AM) *

I live in Alta, Norway(north norway, Finnmark). In the summer the Sun is up 24/7 and in the winter its down almost 24/7 biggrin.gif

That is alot like Alaska in the U.S. I had a girlfriend from Alaska who talked about it turning toward dusk around 4am but then the sun would rise back up a few minutes later.

QUOTE (shredmandan @ Jul 8 2007, 01:03 AM) *

I had a friend who lived in Bristol through highschool and we would drive down and hang out every summer when I was in college. We would drive to Johnson City to here some of his buddies wail in their band.

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Jul 8 2007, 02:13 AM
I live in Western Australia, thanks for asking.

- Hemlok

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rock
Jul 8 2007, 02:14 AM
QUOTE (AliMo @ Jul 8 2007, 12:29 AM) *
I live on Long Island, about 20 minutes away from New York city
omg really!? that would scare me biggrin.gif

Ah, Yankees, Mets, Jets, Giants fan? I grew up with the Sox, Pats, and B's.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 8 2007, 02:21 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Rock @ Jul 7 2007, 09:14 PM) *

Go Yankees! Go Giants!

This post has been edited by Andrew Cockburn: Jul 8 2007, 02:21 AM

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
sb81
Jul 8 2007, 02:26 AM
I live in a US state called Cow Hampshire... err New Hampshire that is smile.gif

Yankees booooooo!!!!

+Quote Post
Kaneda
Jul 8 2007, 02:30 AM
Other side of the coin
Live right in the center of Copenhagen, Denmark - 600 km from Kris in Stockholm, 350 km from Berlin.

... and I'm also a Pats fan smile.gif Don't care for any other spectator sports. smile.gif Also, booo Jets!

This post has been edited by Kaneda: Jul 8 2007, 02:31 AM

+Quote Post
Robin
Jul 8 2007, 02:35 AM
QUOTE (Rock @ Jul 8 2007, 01:12 AM) *
That is alot like Alaska in the U.S. I had a girlfriend from Alaska who talked about it turning toward dusk around 4am but then the sun would rise back up a few minutes later.

Its becuase its so far up north smile.gif the sun doesnt go down at all here btw smile.gif not even one second.

+Quote Post
Rock
Jul 8 2007, 06:09 AM
QUOTE (sb81 @ Jul 8 2007, 02:26 AM) *
I live in a US state called Cow Hampshire... err New Hampshire that is smile.gif

Yankees booooooo!!!!

Hey, me too. Whereabouts?

QUOTE (Robin @ Jul 8 2007, 02:35 AM) *
Its becuase its so far up north smile.gif the sun doesnt go down at all here btw smile.gif not even one second.

That's incredible. You must have dark shades so you can get your sleep.

QUOTE (Kaneda @ Jul 8 2007, 02:30 AM) *
Live right in the center of Copenhagen, Denmark - 600 km from Kris in Stockholm, 350 km from Berlin.
... and I'm also a Pats fan smile.gif Don't care for any other spectator sports. smile.gif Also, booo Jets!

Pats fan from Denmark, sweet. Go Pats! I have a good feeling for this year, especially with Moss. They did great in the draft too.

QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jul 8 2007, 02:21 AM) *
Go Yankees! Go Giants!

What? You know, you are definitely close enough to convert. I'm looking for another Superbowl ring. I have to say the Yanks have quite a hitting team, but the sox have em in pitching this year. Hopefully they can stay healthy this time around.

QUOTE (Hemlok @ Jul 8 2007, 02:13 AM) *
I live in Western Australia, thanks for asking.

- Hemlok

Whoa, that's the otherside of the globe. Rock on!

QUOTE (kethcup @ Jul 8 2007, 01:14 AM) *
I live in Denver, CO USA

The good old 'Rockies'! smile.gif

My company has a division in Englewood. I may be going out there next month.

+Quote Post
Rock
Jul 8 2007, 06:21 AM
QUOTE (Robin @ Jul 8 2007, 12:22 AM) *

That is so cool. I mean cold smile.gif

I have also read about the ice hotels they rebuild every year and the Mardalsfossen waterfall which is one of the highest waterfalls in Northern Europe.

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
Jul 8 2007, 06:26 AM
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Jul 8 2007, 12:03 AM) *
.I here there really into Metal in Norway.

24/7 night is pretty Metal.

Lots of sun seems to be too...witness south Florida death metal.

To get back on topic (though it's been done before), I'm about 30 miles west of Washington DC

QUOTE (Rock @ Jul 8 2007, 05:09 AM) *
That's incredible. You must have dark shades so you can get your sleep.

I have those and it gets dark here like normal

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post
Layzer
Jul 8 2007, 06:54 AM
Missouri

--------------------
Unity

+Quote Post
lefthandman
Jul 8 2007, 07:06 AM
Jackson MS, Its ur basic southern town kinda small though i mean a movie theater, resturants, and some local buisnesses here and there and the musics pretty small here u got some metal hardcore and pop punk (my least favorite)me and a friend of mine were talkin bout gettin outta this town in a few yrs but thats of course while she was givin me a long speech bout how my life was in pieces... dry.gif

This post has been edited by lefthandman: Jul 8 2007, 07:08 AM

+Quote Post
Robin
Jul 8 2007, 01:11 PM
QUOTE (Rock @ Jul 8 2007, 05:21 AM) *
That is so cool. I mean cold smile.gif

I have also read about the ice hotels they rebuild every year and the Mardalsfossen waterfall which is one of the highest waterfalls in Northern Europe.

Yeah we got ice hotels here.

http://images.digit.no/wip4/image/?size=org&id=1762
http://www.dinside.no/km_bilde/5/148585.jpg

Sweden got some much more impressive stuff though

http://www.mtsobek.com/generated/trips/309/SWE.jpg

You even get drinks served in glasses made of ice on these hotels smile.gif

+Quote Post
Owen
Jul 8 2007, 01:30 PM
Personal nightmare ^ I have poor circulation xD

I live in Fife, Scotland around the east coast area.

Kilt's n Haggis! tongue.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:09 AM