Guilty Pleasure Songs!
Manny
Jul 9 2007, 11:27 PM
GMC:er
So, assuming you have played guitar for a good amount of time, you HAVE to have a guilty pleasure song. You know, one you always find yourself strumming while you watch tv, but you would never perform for a live audience. anybody willing to share their's?
(mine is stacy's mom by fountains of wayne, by the way) =D

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jul 9 2007, 11:44 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Manny @ Jul 9 2007, 07:27 PM) *
So, assuming you have played guitar for a good amount of time, you HAVE to have a guilty pleasure song. You know, one you always find yourself strumming while you watch tv, but you would never perform for a live audience. anybody willing to share their's?
(mine is stacy's mom by fountains of wayne, by the way) =D

Wonderwall by Oasis

It was the very first song I could play on guitar.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by rokchik: Jul 9 2007, 11:44 PM

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 10 2007, 01:33 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I dont think i actually have any, im quite fond of almost anything i play, actually i am, i love them all. But then again, if i played a straight up Death Metal show, i would (as a joke of course) play something like nightwish or epica, that would be a bit off course smile.gif

+Quote Post
icedern
Jul 10 2007, 01:50 AM
I listen to a lot of off the wall stuff from what I normally listen to. I guess you'll get that when you have a huge musical taste. But I can go from Johnny Cash to some kind of Trance/Techno to some Flogging Molly to some Faith No More and not skip a beat.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
kethcup
Jul 10 2007, 04:34 AM
QUOTE (icedern @ Jul 9 2007, 06:50 PM) *
I listen to a lot of off the wall stuff from what I normally listen to. I guess you'll get that when you have a huge musical taste. But I can go from Johnny Cash to some kind of Trance/Techno to some Flogging Molly to some Faith No More and not skip a beat.

Faith No More rules!

My song would be anything by Tracy Chapman.

--------------------

Ketchup

Ibanez Prestige S2170 Electric Guitar
Ibanez Prestige S1620 Electric Guitar
Ibanez RG350MDX Electric Guitar
Jackson Kelly Professional

Boss GT-6 Guitar Floor Processor
Sonar6 Studio Edition

M-Audio BX5-a Studio Monitors

Marshall VS65R Combo Amp

+Quote Post
Layzer
Jul 10 2007, 05:04 AM
Mortal Kombat Theme...The other week i was randomly strumming my friend's acoustic and i was called out for playing both Mario 64 songs and the Mortal Kombat theme song....fun to play!

This post has been edited by Layzer: Jul 10 2007, 05:05 AM

--------------------
Unity

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 10 2007, 07:08 AM
QUOTE (Layzer @ Jul 9 2007, 10:04 PM) *
Mortal Kombat Theme...The other week i was randomly strumming my friend's acoustic and i was called out for playing both Mario 64 songs and the Mortal Kombat theme song....fun to play!

lol laugh.gif I love the MK theme!! ill learn it as soon as i finish with this lesson.

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
acousticwanabee
Jul 10 2007, 07:12 AM
probably bannana pancakes by jack johnson lol

+Quote Post
spdalton
Jul 10 2007, 07:35 AM
I don't have any guilty pleasure songs that I can play, but certainly there are some Electric Light Orchestra songs that I listen to that would fall into that same category.

--------------------
IPB Image
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. Fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way

http://www.myspace.com/cashnz

+Quote Post
Pantalaimon
Jul 10 2007, 08:34 AM
QUOTE (acousticwanabee @ Jul 10 2007, 01:12 AM) *
probably bannana pancakes by jack johnson lol

First of all - Jack Johnson should not be "guilty" by any means - he's an amazing songwriter.

The first song I ever learned all the way through (with an at least mildly difficult solo) was "I Believe in a Thing called Love" by the Darkness. laugh.gif

I play it basically everyday more as a warmup than anything else.

also - Michelle Branch "All You Wanted" smile.gif

--------------------
My Gear:
~Schecter C-1+ (black cherry) w/ Duncan Designed PUs, EB Super Slinky strings
~Fender Mexican Stratocaster (black) w/ stock PUs, EB Super Slinky strings
~Jasmine by Takamine acoustic (kinda crappy - $90)
~Fender Frontman 25R amp.
~Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive pedal
~Dan-Ecko pedal

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:09 PM