Neoclassical Etude #3 ?
mattacuk
Sep 17 2008, 05:36 PM
Lets go fishing!
Hi Marcus smile.gif

I was wondering if you are planning anymore Neoclassical picking etudes like the most recent one? smile.gif I really love playing this kind of stuff biggrin.gif

I love listening to Yngwie play bach peices, the same goes for paul gilbert and countless others. For me these kind of etudes make practice FUN, so I hope to see some more soon biggrin.gif Maybe some classic bach ? hint hint wink.gif

kind regards,
matt biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bondy
Sep 17 2008, 05:43 PM
Learning Roadie
I second that I love theses lessons just started work on neoclassical 1 so much fun to play

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Sep 17 2008, 05:44 PM
GMC:er
Yeah these lessons are awesome for learning interesting shred runs too...

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Sep 17 2008, 06:11 PM
Instructor
Thanks a lot guys! I really appreciate it smile.gif
Yes, I plan to make more lessons in this series. And I agree - it makes the practice a lot more fun! biggrin.gif

mattacuk,
are you requesting more lessons in the same style as Etude #2 (no drums, and more "real classical"-sounding)? Or more like my Etude #1?

Btw, thanks for the "hint" about Bach... biggrin.gif I've played lots of his music on piano, so I could probably transcribe something there smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Sep 17 2008, 06:16 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Marcus Lavendell @ Sep 17 2008, 06:11 PM) *
Thanks a lot guys! I really appreciate it smile.gif
Yes, I plan to make more lessons in this series. And I agree - it makes the practice a lot more fun! biggrin.gif

mattacuk,
are you requesting more lessons in the same style as Etude #2 (no drums, and more "real classical"-sounding)? Or more like my Etude #1?

Btw, thanks for the "hint" about Bach... biggrin.gif I've played lots of his music on piano, so I could probably transcribe something there smile.gif

Hey Marcus,

I am requiesting more lessons in the style as Etude #2, the more "real classical" style yes biggrin.gif I can plays these for hours and months on end, just so much fun (maybe its just me laugh.gif laugh.gif ).

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Tolek
Sep 17 2008, 08:20 PM
Learning Rock Star
I personally would request lessons in the style of "Neoclassical Etude#1". Also, I didn´t see an "In style of Yngwie Malmsteen" lesson from you. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Canis
Sep 17 2008, 08:24 PM
Learning Rock Star
I really love Etude #1! It salvated me to start with more neoclassical stuff!
So I wouldn't mind a huge serie of these lessons either ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Sep 17 2008, 09:36 PM
Experienced Rock Star
I like etude #2 but prefer etude #1 smile.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Sep 17 2008, 11:40 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Yes please more of these lessons, I have learned them both , I really like more the etude #1 but we want more lessons of both "styles"

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
bladzerok
Sep 18 2008, 12:15 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
yeah i realy liked the #1 and im about to start the second... dry.gif as soon as i get new strings

anyway, i really loved those two lessons smile.gif

--------------------
My gears are:
guitars:
-simon and patrick accoustic guitar
-ovation accoustic guitar
-Ibanez S320 electric guitar
-Ibanez RG7321 electric guitar
amp:
-Peavey valveking 112
effects:
-Boss SD-1
-Dunlop crybaby from hell
-Boss GE-7 7-Band Equaliser
-Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor

+Quote Post
Oxac
Sep 18 2008, 10:05 PM
Maybe odd numbers are metalized (drums and everything) and even numbers are more "old shool".

--------------------
Olle "AJ" Svensson

+Quote Post
IDontWantMyUsern...
Sep 19 2008, 10:23 PM
Just use whatever you think is best for your ideas so you'll get faster done with your lessons! The more the better! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by IDontWantMyUsername: Sep 19 2008, 10:24 PM

--------------------
My stuff:

Ibanez S320
Marshall MG100HDFX half stack
Line6 PODxt
Digidesign Mbox Pro

Songs I'm writing down/learning at the moment:

Children of Bodom - Downfall

+Quote Post
Sami
Sep 19 2008, 10:30 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Sep 17 2008, 06:16 PM) *
Hey Marcus,

I am requiesting more lessons in the style as Etude #2, the more "real classical" style yes biggrin.gif I can plays these for hours and months on end, just so much fun (maybe its just me laugh.gif laugh.gif ).

haha oh no mate dont you remember im on this site to?! haha its endless fun for me too smile.gif

(oh yeah marcus is there any chance i can get the backing for the first two etudes so i can record my take?)

Thanks! i love your lessons!

--------------------
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jun 10 2008, 01:38 PM) *
Crysis kicked arse. Gears of War unfortunately I thought was as good as wiping cottage cheese on a cat's head

Hahahaha just imagine the cat hahahah

QUOTE (fkalich @ May 3 2009, 08:01 PM) *
The thing about being really stupid, is that there are a zillion ways to be a moron. There are usually several ways to be intelligent, given a situation, but it is a small finite number. But there are always a zillion ways to be to blithering idiot. So finding a new way to have the intellect of an artichoke is nothing to be proud of really, it is easy to do.

So true... To bad im still an artichoke haha

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:16 AM