My Version Of The Loner - Gary Moore
benetom
Jan 6 2015, 01:55 PM
GMC:er
Few months ago I did this solo cover over the The Loner (Gary Moore) backtrack. Used Blacktop Fender Strat with SH4 and SH2 Seymour Duncans inside. Recorded directly to line in on laptop. DAW was Reaper and I also used PouLin VST and MiXIR2 VST for distortion lead.
Solo was total impro so don`t listen to my mistakes biggrin.gif

https://soundcloud.com/benetom2000/the-loner-solo-impro-with-poulin-and-mixir2-plugins-v3

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by benetom: Jan 6 2015, 01:56 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Monica Gheorghev...
Jan 6 2015, 02:14 PM
Learning Tone Master
I'm glad to see that you are so active in the forum smile.gif
Great job on this one! I'm also a fan of using Poulin VST wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
benetom
Jan 6 2015, 02:17 PM
Thanks Monica! Rock on ! biggrin.gif More to come.....wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 6 2015, 06:30 PM
Instructor
Hi Tom! Nice version of this great song by Gary! Comparing your playing with the original song I was thinking that you could even get most of this one trying to get and emulate more Gary's way of managing articulation and dynamics. Listen to the first phrases of the song, close your eyes and breath with his playing, feel the duration of the notes, the way he bends, the vibrato, when he starts and cuts each note, see how he give a lot of life and movement to his phrasing using these two elements. Try to apply it to your playing. Work on small sections, just 1 or 2 phrases. Record yourself and compare the results.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
benetom
Jan 6 2015, 06:52 PM
Thanks for advice Gab! Wish I have more time to really nail his feeling but I will try for sure biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 7 2015, 10:59 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (benetom @ Jan 6 2015, 05:52 PM) *
Thanks for advice Gab! Wish I have more time to really nail his feeling but I will try for sure biggrin.gif

I have listened to the take and I agree with Gabi - it doesn't matter if it will take longer to finish it, but you will have the certainty that each and every part is seamless in terms of articulation, timing, expression and everything important.

I think it's a good approach which will find itself useful each time you will desire to learn a piece - by the way, what's your approach when learning a song? smile.gif

+Quote Post
benetom
Jan 7 2015, 12:07 PM
Heya Cosmin....I play in a commercial band and we play gazillion genres in music biggrin.gif Folk, pop, rock..you name it...for money of course ( 200+ songs). Over the years I have "trained" my ear to distinct most of the notes played in solos easily, for some faster parts I use app that slows down music a bit. I never use any notation or tabs although I know how to read and use tabs. And when I play solos in songs I tend to add some "flawour" of mine ...call it artistic freedom biggrin.gif
Dang..I wish I had internet and stuff some 25 years ago biggrin.gif Hehe.....

But never the less I will try to practice using GMC and expanding my horizons and knowledge. And my daughter too ! I just bought her ZOOM G2Nu multiefect to go along with VOX ADT20 amp and for recording her on her PC. She is 14 and is very talented girl. True rocker girl wink.gif

Rock on biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:30 AM