Introducing Qubedaces
QubedAces
Oct 31 2011, 07:36 AM
GMC:er
Hello I'm Alex from CapeTown South Africa...

Been playing for 5 years now. I started out with classical guitaring, but then the metal turned me into its slave. But I still enjoy a wide variety, my favourite band is Alter Bridge.

My gear = Les Paul custom (black Beuty), Ibanez FM260, Crafter acoustic guitar, PodXT live fx pedal, Vox ad30 amp.

I'm in a band (Wings Of Autumn), we've been quite inactive lately, but we do have 7 songs of our own. When we get a nice recording I'l post.

My goal is to write better solo's which is two fold: 1, I need more speed/precision. 2, i need my solo's to be very melodical.
I'm not a massive fan of Avenged sevenfold, but the melodic lead and solo in their song 'Nightmare' is AWESOME ohmy.gif - my solo's just need a better "feel".

Been busy with some GMC lessons, thnx they help ALOT biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 31 2011, 08:40 AM
Instructor
Hi there Alex! My name is Cosmin and I'm an instructor here at GMC! Alter Bridge is MOST DEFINITELY among my favorite bands as well! biggrin.gif Glad you decided to introduce yourself and please, go ahead and ask us anything you may wish to know around here on GMC and about guitar/ music in general! We'll be happy to help!

Can you tell us what lessons did you practice until now? It would be a good starting point, in order to be able to offer some good tips on how you could continue your journey smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Oct 31 2011, 09:07 AM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC Alex, you're on right place smile.gif . You have nice rig there, I had XT live, killer processor. !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 31 2011, 09:51 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (QubedAces @ Oct 31 2011, 07:36 AM) *
I started out with classical guitaring, but then the metal turned me into its slave.

Yes, it's the best way to be enslaved ! laugh.gif

Welcome to GMC Alex. Are there any particular techniques that you would like to improve ? cool.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 31 2011, 05:04 PM
Instructor
Welcome aboard Alex! smile.gif

Check out my Improvising Workshop Series for some tips about making the solos more melodic and harmony-connected

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Improvising-Workshop-1/

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 1 2011, 05:51 AM
Instructor
hahah Welcome Metal Slave!! smile.gif I really enjoy those bands that you named. I could see Avenged Sevenfold live and they did a very good show.. I hope to see Alter Bridge any time... enjoy the site!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:56 PM