Helix Vs Thu
Mertay
Aug 8 2020, 07:51 PM
GMC:er
I know I'm super late to the party laugh.gif my previous windows had a problem with helix and I never looked back after that, with a new install now I got a chance to compare.

The Helix software is a surprisingly small download, I thought there may be a mistake before installing it smile.gif my immediate impression was its extremely reactive to your playing, I didn't check if it had lower latency but felt like it. But then I looked at the cpu usage and it was way higher...my guess is it may be programmed to cause lower-latency by using extra cpu power.

But compared to THU (I strictly use profiles from rig profile), the tone felt much more processor-like. Line6 has a glossy signature vibe to it on every product I tried and you feel it with Helix too. Then I eq and swapped some ir's and it made a huge difference...no wonder helix owners invested so much to 3rd party ir libraries after its release. Still I'd say not in THU tone territory but when tweaked can get pretty close.

So since it reacts better than THU shredders may prefer Helix for the feel of it. Or if one is ok with the typical line6 tone, which is still musical in a way but not really analog feeling which also made me understand why Demo's were mostly modern-metal tones with helix on youtube.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:57 PM