Gmc Scholarship's Idea...
Ajmurrell
Nov 1 2008, 07:37 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hey guys,

I was just thinking that what with the current economic difficulties that many people will be having at the moment, and by the looks of it, over the next couple of years too, whether a system could be initialised where a number of members could be offered scholarship's (Free membership for a period of time).

There could be many reasons for application for a scholarship, and it could have some commercial success for the community also. Competitions to external members to draw them in to the community, and for internal members as well obviously.

There could even be conditions put in place, such as special instructor mentor groups that could be used in the long term as great advertisement for GMC's ability to improve guitar abilities. Sort of like a "Before and After" style of advertisement.

Just thought I'd throw the suggestion out to you guys!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
GMC Travel Agent, at your service.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
kaznie_NL
Nov 1 2008, 08:05 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I think it's a very nice gesture, but not reachable. After all this is Kris' main income (I think tongue.gif ) and that means that in the end, making money is quit important. Offering people free scholarship isn't really the way to go I think...

But, if you can come up with a good idea to turn it into something that doesn't damage the financial plan from GMC then it might be a very nice idea! I also think, that maybe discussing the financials from GMC isn't our thing... it's kinda private I think. That why I'm going to stop making this post longer xD

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Nov 1 2008, 08:14 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Well I am not sure how should it work, and also I must admit that GMC is very cheap for what it offers. I mean, Poland isn't a rich country, we earn few times less than people in Western Europe and still it would be a matter of few working hours to afford monthy payment for GMC. And I am talking about simplest of jobs such as giving outlets on the street.

If someone can afford to pay for the internet, and have a computer he certainly doesn't starve or have no home. Than he can work these few hours to afford GMC.

Of course there are countries where money is a big problem, but still if someone has home, internet, computer, guitar etc. the person isn't in a very bad financial situation.

Well that's at least my view, but I could not take into account some important factors, so don't hesitate in proving me wrong;)

--------------------

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Nov 1 2008, 08:16 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
If handled correctly this could very well be a great idea smile.gif
If we had a few competitions for non-members, advertised by members already signed-up this could mean more members and more money smile.gif
And let the member who gets most non-members to join the competition get free acces for a while..

Maybe not just like that, but could be a great way to reach out to more people smile.gif

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Nov 1 2008, 08:22 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
When it comes to attracting new members by the old members, such thing was introduced not to long ago.

I was thinking about giving some period of free access, but there is a possibility that if someone got one week of free access, he would download everything he could and don't subscribe later, as he would have enough working material for next two years;)

This post has been edited by Marek Rojewski: Nov 1 2008, 08:22 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Nov 1 2008, 08:29 PM
Learning Tone Master
I meant it mainly as a comercial idea. It is true that although it would be taking a small amount of profit away, but this may be a time that the average guitarist might think twice about joining a subscription service. It is unfortunate but inevitable with the current economic climate.

I don't pretend to know anything about the market or advertising, but I think the appeal of such a system to people outside of the GMC might be really good smile.gif

Guitarists are naturally competitive (and I don't mean that in a bad way, don't mean to generalise!), so it could work even better with this particular market!

Kris may lose the membership fee for such scholarship members, but he could also capitalise on promoting the scheme and on the progression such members make during a period of time smile.gif

It could even be a one off thing every year! With a competition based application on sites such as youtube or similar. Could be a healthy, inexpensive way to promote the site in these times smile.gif

But yeah... Just an idea, no idea how feasible such an idea is in terms of economics and marketing.

QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Nov 1 2008, 07:22 PM) *
When it comes to attracting new members by the old members, such thing was introduced not to long ago.

I was thinking about giving some period of free access, but there is a possibility that if someone got one week of free access, he would download everything he could and don't subscribe later, as he would have enough working material for next two years;)

That is true actually sad.gif But maybe if their were conditions put in place, like the idea of a mentor program... I guess its still down to trust of such a persons intentions.

Maybe if it wasn't a massive scheme, like a competition based scholarship that took place every so often.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Nov 1 2008, 08:32 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
The one per year competition could be a good idea. Still I think the best thing we can do is to record our playing, and show it on sites like youtube, mentioning where we learned it. I will certainly do it when my camera arrives:) Long live GMC!:P

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Nov 1 2008, 08:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Nov 1 2008, 07:16 PM) *
If handled correctly this could very well be a great idea smile.gif
If we had a few competitions for non-members, advertised by members already signed-up this could mean more members and more money smile.gif
And let the member who gets most non-members to join the competition get free acces for a while..

Maybe not just like that, but could be a great way to reach out to more people smile.gif

This is a great idea. Competition for non-members with proper advertising everywhere possible. Myspace, youtube etc... 5 people free membership. 1 for a year, 1 for a 6 months, 1 for 3 etc... With that huge promotion, I am sure that other people will find it interesting and join anyway for the money.

I was wondering why GMC never showed interest for having a little stand at some guitar exibithion. This year Muris played at the little stand for "Lick Library" in London. They were the smallest stand but the most visited smile.gif I would go and play there with no question and I'm sure others would. That would give GMC a great promotion and that's the great place for giving away a couple of free memberships and making GMC a much bigger and professional company.

What do you think about this?

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Nov 1 2008, 08:45 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Nov 1 2008, 07:33 PM) *
This is a great idea. Competition for non-members with proper advertising everywhere possible. Myspace, youtube etc... 5 people free membership. 1 for a year, 1 for a 6 months, 1 for 3 etc... With that huge promotion, I am sure that other people will find it interesting and join anyway for the money.

I was wondering why GMC never showed interest for having a little stand at some guitar exibithion. This year Muris played at the little stand for "Lick Library" in London. They were the smallest stand but the most visited smile.gif I would go and play there with no question and I'm sure others would. That would give GMC a great promotion and that's the great place for giving away a couple of free memberships and making GMC a much bigger and professional company.

That would be great, huge huge promotion possibilities!

--------------------

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Nov 1 2008, 09:26 PM
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Nov 1 2008, 08:33 PM) *

You get my vote biggrin.gif
Great thinking Emir smile.gif

+Quote Post
sigma7
Nov 1 2008, 09:29 PM
GMC:er
sounds like a pretty good idea!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Nov 1 2008, 10:11 PM
Instructor
Thanks, I really think that way. Let's see if Kristofer is interested to comment on this.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Nov 1 2008, 10:32 PM
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Nov 1 2008, 10:11 PM) *
Thanks, I really think that way. Let's see if Kristofer is interested to comment on this.

I've posted a link to this thread in the Seniors/Coordinator forum, so he should see it soon smile.gif

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Nov 1 2008, 10:34 PM
Instructor
Everything I read hear sounds just great imo! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
skennington
Nov 1 2008, 11:05 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
With structure, could be an awesome way of driving in new members and promoting GMC! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 2 2008, 05:14 PM
Instructor
I think it's a great idea. Some YT videos are very visited, and one or two free subscriptions could bring on a dozens of others if the event was handled well online and had external promotion.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Siggum
Nov 2 2008, 05:15 PM
GMC:er
Good idea, someone pinch the boss wink.gif

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Nov 2 2008, 11:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Siggum @ Nov 2 2008, 05:15 PM) *
Good idea, someone pinch the boss wink.gif

PINCH cool.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
Nov 2 2008, 11:40 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Great idea. smile.gif
I'll invite the winners , then I have my bonus lesson. laugh.gif

--------------------
Homer J. Simpson: Rockstars is there anything they dont know?

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Nov 3 2008, 03:09 AM
Learning Tone Master
Looking forward to what the big man thinks biggrin.gif Don't think I've actually talked to Kris before.

Hope this topic spurs something on!

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 05:32 PM