Guest Solo For Alexa
Todd Simpson
May 28 2013, 11:25 PM
GMC:er
This is a snippet of a song I'm working on with ALEXA. The vocalist / songwriter from Germany that I collaborated with a while back. It's coming along spiff so far! What do you think?

https://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/alexa-give-me-time-guest-solo

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
May 28 2013, 11:46 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Pretty cool Todd, I particularly like the intro lick and outro lick!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Spock
May 28 2013, 11:46 PM
Awesome playing man! I was shocked when heard a woman's voice.

+Quote Post
DeGroot
May 29 2013, 12:01 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero

Sounds killer! I especially like the opening phrase. Your tone and playing compliment the track nicely.

--------------------

+Quote Post
vonhotch
May 29 2013, 12:47 AM
Sounds good, fits the track really well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 29 2013, 02:50 AM
Thanks smile.gif I stole that sort of lick directly from MICHAEL LEE FIRKINS who is worth checking out if you haven't heard him play. Other folks do that same whammy/vibrato bit but he really kills with it.

The tone is OVERLOUD Th1 patch recorded direct to the interface. Glad you dig it smile.gif I like it too! That plugin cuts through a mix a lot better than I was getting even with two nice mics on a nice cabinet. Overloud RAWKS!!!

QUOTE (DeGroot @ May 28 2013, 07:01 PM) *
Sounds killer! I especially like the opening phrase. Your tone and playing compliment the track nicely.

Appreciate you checking it out smile.gif I had to restrain myself a tad to keep from going shred crazy at the start but it worked out smile.gif

QUOTE (vonhotch @ May 28 2013, 07:47 PM) *
Sounds good, fits the track really well.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 29 2013, 08:48 AM
Instructor
Michael is a tremendous player and yes, those whammy bar phrases take my mind to his playing! Good going man biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
May 29 2013, 09:21 AM
Instructor
Nice one! Fits very well to the track! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 30 2013, 03:58 PM
Thanks smile.gif He is one of the most under rated players I've ever heard. Just a MONSTER of guitar guy. Very original take on the instrument. And as such, I just had to steal some bits!!! smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 29 2013, 03:48 AM) *
Michael is a tremendous player and yes, those whammy bar phrases take my mind to his playing! Good going man biggrin.gif

Thanks much smile.gif I really dig doing this types of things. Especially playing on tracks that a bit different than what I might write.

Todd
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ May 29 2013, 04:21 AM) *
Nice one! Fits very well to the track! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Dieterle
May 30 2013, 04:23 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hey Todd , Amazing !!!

As i said once ,You and Alexa thats a GOOD THING to do !!!

Dieter

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 30 2013, 04:34 PM
Instructor
Wouu Todd! This solo is amazing. Your tone is fantastic and your playing killer. There are a lot of amazing licks there.
Great job!!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:06 AM