Downloadable Backingtracks?
Chres
Aug 14 2009, 08:58 AM
GMC:er
Hi guys.

I was wondering, is it posible to download the backingtracks for some of the GMC lessons?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
edguy
Aug 14 2009, 09:04 AM
Learning Roadie
Hey Chres,

actually the answer is No. If you need a backing you can ask the instructor of the lesson to get it from him. Our instructors are very cool so there is no problem to get it from them.

Greeting
Edguy

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My gear:
Schecter Blackjack ATX FR
Ibanez SA 220 Fm
Line 6 POD HD (Desktop)

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
Aug 14 2009, 11:56 AM
Learning Rock Star
I'm not sure if this is an honest way to go, but I'm sure you can search in the instructors' boards / backing tracks or something, and maybe somebody has already asked for the same backing track... I've noticed for example, that when an instructors posts my backing track in a thread, very many sharks are waiting to take a bite off my reward... biggrin.gif

But if this is not an honest way to get your backing track, just ask the instructor ! smile.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel
Lost in all the 2000+ GMC lessons? Check my Lesson Plan

Guitars
Fender American Standard Stratocaster - Olympic White body, Maple fretboard, White Pearl pickguard, 21 frets, SSS
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Recording equipment/software
Line 6 POD Studio GX
Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Aug 14 2009, 04:21 PM
When someone clicks the backing to listen to it, including those that are posted in instructor boards, it is counted as a download. It's just the way the attachment system works, it's another request for the attachment.

Sharks indeed.

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Aug 14 2009, 05:05 PM
QUOTE (jafomatic @ Aug 14 2009, 04:21 PM) *
Sharks indeed.

Show me the Backing Tracks!!!!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
avodiez
Aug 14 2009, 06:21 PM
I use to practice with an amp simulator (like guitar rig or amplitube)

The problem is that, when I use the amp simulator, I can’t hear the backing tracks (as far as the simulator software takes control over my soundcard and, therefore, no other app –like, for example, the browser that shows the lesson video- can play any sound)

If I can’t download the mp3 files, I can’t practice the lessons.

If I have to ask for every file that I need to all the instructors that I take lessons from and wait for their response, I think that I’m going to get bored of using this methods. Some lessons that I take, take minutes for me to manage them. If I have to ask the instructor to give me the tracks, then it won’t be minutes (and maybe, when the instructor answer comes, I’m not longer interested in taking the lesson)

I mean, I love GMC, both community of instructors and students, and the lessons itself, and I’m subscriber from more than a year and a half, but I’m starting to wonder if it should offer me (us) an easier way to learn and practice? (Some kind of ‘student-oriented’ way to give us everything more easily)

I don’t know. Maybe somebody should think about it: less difficulties, more attendees.

+Quote Post
lomba36
Aug 19 2009, 10:35 PM
QUOTE (avodiez @ Aug 14 2009, 02:21 PM) *
I use to practice with an amp simulator (like guitar rig or amplitube)

The problem is that, when I use the amp simulator, I can’t hear the backing tracks (as far as the simulator software takes control over my soundcard and, therefore, no other app –like, for example, the browser that shows the lesson video- can play any sound)

If I can’t download the mp3 files, I can’t practice the lessons.

If I have to ask for every file that I need to all the instructors that I take lessons from and wait for their response, I think that I’m going to get bored of using this methods. Some lessons that I take, take minutes for me to manage them. If I have to ask the instructor to give me the tracks, then it won’t be minutes (and maybe, when the instructor answer comes, I’m not longer interested in taking the lesson)

I mean, I love GMC, both community of instructors and students, and the lessons itself, and I’m subscriber from more than a year and a half, but I’m starting to wonder if it should offer me (us) an easier way to learn and practice? (Some kind of ‘student-oriented’ way to give us everything more easily)

I don’t know. Maybe somebody should think about it: less difficulties, more attendees.

The same with me, I haven't a physical amp, so I need to play them by Guitar Rig to practice or lessons won't be useful. Please help

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Aug 19 2009, 10:46 PM
Instructor
There is probably something wrong with your audio cards guys,
many people use GuitarRig and similar softwares to practice
along with streaming BTs and they don't have those problems,
there must be a way to fix it.
And btw, it seems pretty wicked to lose all interest in a lesson
after day or two!
Tho I believe most of the instructors will respond to you same day,
also many backings are already shared in forum. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Aug 19 2009, 10:56 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Not sure there Muris but I'd imagine that if you run a GR3 as a standalone that it will use Asio as default but the GMC embedded video probably uses WMA or similar. If so you may well run in to multi-client audio issues with a lot of audio cards and they will only allow one format to run. If that's the case then first thing is to match the audio format...

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
anders3604
Aug 21 2009, 12:34 PM
Learning Rock Star
I don´t know if we are alowed to do so but if we are it´s just to record the backing track with a DAW.
Reaper for example.

But the instructors may answer that kind of question!

Regards
Anders

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Aug 21 2009, 12:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (anders3604 @ Aug 21 2009, 01:34 PM) *
I don´t know if we are alowed to do so but if we are it´s just to record the backing track with a DAW.
Reaper for example.

But the instructors may answer that kind of question!

Regards
Anders

Ofc, you can record BT on your own, why not.
But still it's far more easier to ask instructor for a backing imo. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 21 2009, 01:09 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (lomba36 @ Aug 19 2009, 11:35 PM) *
The same with me, I haven't a physical amp, so I need to play them by Guitar Rig to practice or lessons won't be useful. Please help

Hmm if you have a separate audio card on which you play (audio interface like toneport ux1 etc) and it works in Guitar Rig but ALL windows sounds and ones from browser play on PC speakers , then all you have to do is setup in windows > control panel> sound > primary audio device > and choose your audio card that allows you to play through guitar rig. Then ALL sounds from windows should go through the external audio card. Many have this problem and its actually easily solved.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Nimrandir
Aug 22 2009, 12:57 AM
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Aug 21 2009, 03:09 PM) *
Hmm if you have a separate audio card on which you play (audio interface like toneport ux1 etc) and it works in Guitar Rig but ALL windows sounds and ones from browser play on PC speakers , then all you have to do is setup in windows > control panel> sound > primary audio device > and choose your audio card that allows you to play through guitar rig. Then ALL sounds from windows should go through the external audio card. Many have this problem and its actually easily solved.

My guess would be that he actually uses built-in audio card + asio4all (or similar driver), that way only one application could use the card at any given time. As explained on the asio4all forum :
# Most inexpensive audio devices support a single client only at any one time.
# Windows works around this by using the kmixer, a software mixing device in order to emulate multi-client support.
# kmixer is bad for latency.
# Bypassing kmixer is one of the main points of ASIO4ALL to begin with.
# Therefore: No multi-client with ASIO4ALL - unless your audio device supports this in hardware.

Therefore the only solution would be getting an interface with built-in asio support. Had this same issue till I bought my usb card smile.gif

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Aug 24 2009, 04:33 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
I didn`t see somebody ask the question, and neither did I search for more posts, so I`ll make it.

Will it be to demanding for the server, capasaity or whatever the requirements are, to make the backingtracks downloadable?
I mean, we have to log on to listen to them anyways, why not make a little button which symbolizes a download?

Even though instructors usually replies fast, this would mean instant download! smile.gif

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 25 2009, 01:12 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (mhskeide @ Aug 24 2009, 05:33 PM) *
I didn`t see somebody ask the question, and neither did I search for more posts, so I`ll make it.

Will it be to demanding for the server, capasaity or whatever the requirements are, to make the backingtracks downloadable?
I mean, we have to log on to listen to them anyways, why not make a little button which symbolizes a download?

Even though instructors usually replies fast, this would mean instant download! smile.gif

Yeah it would be instant but GMC is a online community and streaming web site so for me its ok to have it all online - I really like it that way. For REC or any special needs you can always PM the instructor. Also if any part of material gets "easily" available for download, perhaps we could have problems with piracy and copyrights issues.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:13 PM