Reaper Software Question.
Hemlok
Jul 8 2007, 05:19 AM
GMC:er
I have REAPER v1.861 and i am trying to record some scales over a backing track. i have the backing track in there, but when i try to record my scales, the backing track records again in the same track as my scales. Does anyone know a way of disabling the backing track from recording, but still being able to listen to it? I know I can do it in Audacity, so maybe if no one knows, i will just do it in that and transfer it over to Reaper afterwards.

- Hemlok

Oh! I worked it out! I have to mute 'Wave' in sound settings to be able to do it laugh.gif

Actually that doesnt fix it, as i can no longer hear the backing track! ahahaha woops tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Hemlok: Jul 8 2007, 05:18 AM

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 8 2007, 02:15 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Hemlok @ Jul 8 2007, 12:19 AM) *
I have REAPER v1.861 and i am trying to record some scales over a backing track. i have the backing track in there, but when i try to record my scales, the backing track records again in the same track as my scales. Does anyone know a way of disabling the backing track from recording, but still being able to listen to it? I know I can do it in Audacity, so maybe if no one knows, i will just do it in that and transfer it over to Reaper afterwards.

- Hemlok

Oh! I worked it out! I have to mute 'Wave' in sound settings to be able to do it laugh.gif

Actually that doesnt fix it, as i can no longer hear the backing track! ahahaha woops tongue.gif

THis is more likely to be to do with your sound card mixer settings than Reaper - I don't have this problem and it would be a pretty stupid multitrack program if that was the way it worked smile.gif

I can't think of any setting in reaper that would affect this, so check your soundcard mixer again would be my suggestion.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Jul 8 2007, 03:07 PM
GMC:er
Alright, well thanks for the reply Andrew, i was positive you would reply as it was you who suggested the software to me, which is great! in all aspects other than what i am having trouble with now. I have had a few too many brews tonight so i will be playing guitar now, not fiddling with the pc. I will see what i come up with in the morn, or perhaps after work. And yes it wouldn't seem right for a program such as this to have such a big fault as what i am finding. I haven't mucked around with it too much yet so maybe i just don't know what i am doing at this stage.

No matter, time will tell. Thanks for the reply smile.gif

- Hemlok

P.S i notice in your gear Acoustic Guitar: Martin D-15 i have never played a martin, well i haven't played a Line6 guitar either, or a nylon string! Is your Martin steel string? and if so, how do you compare the two? both with a pickup? And have you tried a 12 string guitar? Extremely fun to play. I just get so much fun out of acoustics... sometimes i wonder why i don't own a good one myself.

Ooh the beer is talking. hehe tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Hemlok: Jul 8 2007, 03:13 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:59 PM