2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Jackson Guitars, Cheap Jackson rivaled expensive gibson
Smikey2006
Mar 27 2008, 10:50 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Mar 27 2008, 11:07 AM) *
Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson laugh.gif

You should try schecter.. and join the ranks of such great artists.. as.. *gasp* Avenged Sevenfold.. *snickers*

jk

stay with your gibsons biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Maximus
Mar 27 2008, 11:06 PM
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Mar 27 2008, 10:07 AM) *
Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson Gibson laugh.gif

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto, Ditto, Ditto, Ditto, Ditto, Ditto, Ditto, Ditto, Ditto, Ditto, Ditto, Ditto, Ditto, Ditto!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard, Ibanez rg 750, Ibanez Mikro, Washburn Acoustic
Amps: Crate GX 1600 1/2 Stack, Line 6 Spider 2, Vintage Kustom Tube Head
Effects: Line 6 POD X3 Live, Line 6 PocketPod
Misc: Line 6 FBV Express Foot Switch/Volume/Wah-Wah Pedal

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 28 2008, 01:22 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Jacksons are cool guitar but Gibson will always be..well GIBSON smile.gif But maybe you like Jacksons tone ..its just matter of taste wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
skennington
Mar 28 2008, 01:26 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
For me personaly, I love my DK2M with 81 and 85 EMG's. I also own an RX10D. That said, I think Jackson has some quality issues where they are built. My DK is a made in Japan guitar while the RX was built in Korea. Big difference in quality! Now, comparing my MIJ to a USA made Jackson, also big difference in quality. It all depends on what you get, and of course, the price will reflect it. The DK2 is a money machine for Jackson. Price point is great and most are made in Japan. If you step up to a USA made soloist ( neck-thru ) you will pay a grand plus but they are awesome (IMHO of course). Go a step further to a custom shop model, now your 2 grand plus in the bucket and prolly a professional musician but these guitars are about the best money can buy. Signature models like Kirk and George's ESP models go for 8k plus. Play one of those against a Phil Collins model Jackson ( around 3k ) and decide for yourself. I think you'll be quite suprised wink.gif

+Quote Post
Marshmall0wz
Mar 28 2008, 02:40 AM
GUYS DON'T YOU DARE ACCUSE ME OF NOT LOVING GIBSONS! hahaha I have an epi and a gibson. And all I was saying was that I was surprised by the jackson. also, it's original pickups were crap, he got EMG 81 and 85. The gibson explorer was however a BEAST. It was the pro model, i like the standard more.

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Vintage U.S. Peavey Microbass
Orange Tiny Terror w/ 212 Cabinet
Creativity

+Quote Post
Sircraigery
Mar 28 2008, 07:25 AM
I agree man, Jackson guitars are pretty sweet (they were my first two electrics). I tried some crazy soloist, with the paint job, and the neck was like a paint can stir stick!...like that thin i mean. It was really impressed....but didn't have $2000 in my budget haha

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez Prestige RG2610E [BKP Cold Sweat]
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E [Carbon Fiber Plastics]
Ibanez Roadstar II RS-135 [Stock]
Quest Acoustic [Stock]

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Boss DR-3 Dr. Rhythym

Amp:
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401

'Only the dead have seen the end of the war.' - Plato

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Mar 28 2008, 08:20 AM
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Mar 25 2008, 02:46 PM) *
i love jacksons, but ive never played a schecter that didn't feel cheap.

Weird.
I haven't played any Schecter yet that feels cheap. Not even the cheapest ones.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Mar 28 2008, 10:19 PM
Jacksons are totally different animals from Gibsons, Jacksons are usually very bright, while Gibsons are very dark, Jacksons have very thin, flat necks, Gibsons have fat necks, different shapes, different woods everything. Totally different guitars, both companies rule though, Gibbys can get rather expensive though.

I don't like Schecters, don't like the look of them, don't like the feel, and the quality control is kinda meh, in my expirience though, there are probably some kickass Schecters out there.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Mar 28 2008, 10:24 PM
Lets go fishing!
I would love to add the Jackson Randy Rhoads 5 to my collection biggrin.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Mar 31 2008, 05:30 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
QUOTE (botoxfox @ Mar 27 2008, 11:46 PM) *
For me it would be Ibanez Ibanez Ibanez Ibanez Ibanez Ibanez Ibanez Ibanez Ibanez Ibanez Ibanez Ibanez Ibanez Ibanez Ibanez Ibanez.

Boooooo wink.gif

About trying Schecter, I guess I am way too addicted to Les Pauls, they are just the perfect guitars for me smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Apr 1 2008, 07:33 AM
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Mar 31 2008, 05:30 PM) *
Boooooo wink.gif

About trying Schecter, I guess I am way too addicted to Les Pauls, they are just the perfect guitars for me smile.gif

No, do try one. You got nothing to loose.
Try a C1 Classic or a Hellraiser for example.

To my taste the C1 Schecters are the best designed standard guitars, out of the bigger companies.
I don't like the body shape of the Gibson, I prefer the Fender-ish shape.
I prefer a heavier mahogany body than the Fender, humbuckers and 24 frets (I do love my Fender too because it's completly different from my Schecter, soundwise and feelwise).
A fast, flat fretboard with a bit thicker neck and better pickups than an Ibanez in the same range.

And the C1 series is all that.
A Fender-ish shape, Gibson-ish built, 24 frets flat neck, great stock humbuckers, sustain to die for, never goes out of tune.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
FrankW
May 10 2008, 06:59 AM
Just so you know, not all Jacksons are made in Japan. The USA models are the high-end ones. The Soloist is neck-through, with a Floyd, and Seymour Duncans, with a beautiful 3A top for a little over 2grand U.S. I own a Dinky that I paid 675 bucks for. I had to replace the liscensed Floyd with the real deal to keep it in tune, but the total outlay was only 900 bucks. I call it my utility guitar because while it plays and sounds great, I'm saving for the Soloist.

+Quote Post
iainsteward
May 10 2008, 09:16 AM
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Mar 27 2008, 04:07 PM) *

What is it your trying to tell us here Marcus tongue.gif I recently had the pleasure of playing a few Gibson's and man oh man they sure were sweet.....but I have played a few Jackson's also, ranging from the RR5 to the King V to the Dinky to the Soloist and they are really nice for the money, but if it came down to it I would so much rather spend the money I would use for a Jackson and buy an Ibanez!! You cannot beat the RG series for looks and affordability, I have around 4 RG Series now, none of them are Prestige so the most expensive one was like £500 ($950) but they play like butter and sound great. Even with my RG350MDX the INF3, INFS3 and INF4 pickups rock!!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:39 PM