Summer Show :), lots of fun until your band descides to prepare 12 songs in 1 week..
Smikey2006
Jun 24 2008, 12:16 AM
GMC:er
So my band is playing at a party in a few days with 4 or 5 other bands.. as many may be aware i play in a metal band.. but metal is not summer time fun music, so instead we have descided simply to cover songs by funner bands for this party smile.gif BUT our drummer and bassist were given the duty of choosing our set and this is what they came up with.

cigaro- system of a down
charlie- Red Hot Chili Peppers
guerrilla radio- Rage Against the Machine
fat lip- Sum 41
skin o my teeth- Megadeth
farcry-Rush
sweet child o mine-Guns N Roses
feel good inc -Gurrilaz
IEAIAIO-System of a Down
chop suey - System of a Down
coat made out of cats- DOFMJM
Tom Sawyer- Rush

Usually i would be stolked to learn a set like this.. but i have 1 week to learn it all, jam it with my band and get it down to a gigging perfection, which with work and regular stuff in my life i fear i don't have time to do sad.gif.. anyone got any suggestions on how to memorize songs really fast? tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 24 2008, 12:22 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
First of all put them on your ipod or mp3 player and listen to songs all the time..That way you will learn where what goes..After you learn how to play them keep practicing over and over again until it settles smile.gif There is no easy way for learning songs..

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jun 24 2008, 12:37 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jun 23 2008, 07:22 PM) *
First of all put them on your ipod or mp3 player and listen to songs all the time..That way you will learn where what goes..After you learn how to play them keep practicing over and over again until it settles smile.gif There is no easy way for learning songs..

yup thats what im doing atm but its good to know im doing the right thing biggrin.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:39 PM