4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Avenged Sevenfold, A7X
Paul Coutts
Jan 11 2008, 11:41 PM
GMC:er
nah, man.
Synyster Gates is good. Won TG Guitarist of the year smile.gif
Yeah, I can see why some people don't like him. Personally, I can't STAND Pantera...biggest load of whatever I've ever heard....but my opinion. Dimebag sounds terribly with that Krank amp...In Flames, in comparison, absolutely school him....IMHO smile.gif
Avenged are quite good smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear - Ibanez RG350EX, Ibanez RG220DX, ESP LTD MH250, Line 6 PODx3, Laney TF100, Ibanez SM7, Ibanez RG ?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PanamaMan
Jan 12 2008, 12:23 AM
Avenged makes good music but synyster gates annoys me to no end.He isnt that good and cant stand the poser image they put out.I hate it when a band is as concerned with image as the music.Other than that i do enjoy listening to them lol

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Paul Coutts
Jan 12 2008, 11:58 AM
Yeah the image is a little lame smile.gif But I also think that as stupid as he looks...no-one looks like him. He has got his own thing going.

Watching this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpN08dYV1fU...feature=related

I see him as a modern, heavier slash. He's cool, I think.
But honestly, his Total Guitar lessons aren't so good.

--------------------
Gear - Ibanez RG350EX, Ibanez RG220DX, ESP LTD MH250, Line 6 PODx3, Laney TF100, Ibanez SM7, Ibanez RG ?

+Quote Post
edguy
Jan 12 2008, 12:25 PM
Learning Roadie
I saw Avenged Sevenfold live two years ago and i have to say i like them. I love the voice from the singer and their guitar work. When i am listen to this band i am feelin happy and want to take my guitar and play.
But i think we don't have to analyse every band, sometimes you like a band and you don't know why:)

--------------------
My gear:
Schecter Blackjack ATX FR
Ibanez SA 220 Fm
Line 6 POD HD (Desktop)

+Quote Post
TortillaShred
Jan 15 2008, 08:06 PM
Some of their solos are pretty bleh, but i like some like the seize the day one with a perfectly positioned pinch at the end.

--------------------
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Classic
Epiphone Sg Special (with EMG 81/85 set and custom pickguard)

Zoom 606 II multieffect pedal
Boss Gt-8 multieffect pedal

Vox Ad50vt amplifier

Washburn D100 acoustic guitar
Squier acoustic guitar

+Quote Post
Goliath
Jan 15 2008, 10:52 PM
The Vocals have improved a good bit in their newest effort, but the guitars took a hit. CoE still has their best guitarwork IMO.

I saw Syn play live just before Thanksgiving, and he's gotten better and has a pretty good mastery of his own material now.

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
Paul Coutts
Jan 15 2008, 11:41 PM
Yeah, I think Syn is a great guitarist in his own right. And yeah, the vocals did get better. That's cause the vocalist, M Shadows, blow up his vocals chords and was bleeding on stage or something like that.
Had to take months of singing lessons to continue.
I think all their albums are good, not great, but definetly good.
Waking The Fallen is best imo

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannyRhoads1922
Jan 17 2008, 08:36 AM
I saw A7X live 2 nights in a row 11/14 and 11/15 at hammerstein in NYC then the Electric Factory in Philly and let me tell you they rocked the place both times.Every instrument was flawless and the vocals were great.There image is kinda gay especially Synyster Gates but they are an awsome band that makes good music.

+Quote Post
Goliath
Jan 17 2008, 01:16 PM
I don't think I could have handled 2 nights of highschool girls and their d-bag boyfriends both wearing those "Synyster Gates Special" hats. I got so tired of lifting them out of the pit, it was unbelievable.

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jan 17 2008, 01:25 PM
I do like A7x but I dont like bands that change their image. If your metalcore-stay metalcore, if your punk- stay punk. Be true to what type of music you like and enjoy playing for and dont be bending over for fans, thats when the [poo] starts to suck.

Edited for language - Andrew

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Goliath
Jan 17 2008, 02:01 PM
I think they were always pretty flamboyant and didn't look much different than they do now, except Syn got a stupid hat and started wearing guy-liner. The way I look at them is updated glam-metal, but I only signed on with City of Evil.

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
Paul Coutts
Jan 21 2008, 05:46 AM
hahahaha.....guy-liner...not heard that one biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JukeboxHero
Jan 21 2008, 05:55 AM
I think A7X is a pretty good band. they aren't my favorite but I'd give them a 7.5 out of 10.

--------------------
Look left------->-------------->------------>-----------> I said left!!!!!

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Jan 21 2008, 06:20 AM
Synester Gates, is not a good guitarist by any means, and I don't think if he was in guitar center I would turn around to watch him. There are so many other guys that could do better than him. He just got a lucky break.

I still give him credit though, he doesn't totally destroy the solos with his playing.

Mabye hes just not my cup of tea, because it seems like alot of people like him.

Tj

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
Duncan
Jan 24 2008, 07:25 PM
Waking The Fallen was truely a good album. Everything else I don't like.

also there are a lot better 'metal' bands than Metallica.

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Jan 24 2008, 07:28 PM
QUOTE (Duncan @ Jan 24 2008, 12:25 PM) *
Waking The Fallen was truely a good album. Everything else I don't like.

also there are a lot better 'metal' bands than Metallica.

What does Metallica have to do with Avenged Sevenfold, if you don't mind my asking?

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
Duncan
Jan 24 2008, 07:37 PM
QUOTE (SLASH91 @ Jan 24 2008, 06:28 PM) *
What does Metallica have to do with Avenged Sevenfold, if you don't mind my asking?

Ah, I was semi-responding to this post:

QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Jan 6 2008, 01:21 AM) *
In my opinion this "band" is as bad as nu metal or rap. may i recommend some real metal like metallica or megadeth?

I didn't realise the thread was on a new page. My point is there are a lot more 'real metal' bands out there than Metallica.

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Jan 24 2008, 07:42 PM
Ah, I see. smile.gif I wouldn't exactly agree that there are more "real metal bands" than Metallica, but there are far more technically skilled bands. Metal is metal to me.

BTW, I am talking about their first four albums wink.gif

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
Duncan
Jan 25 2008, 03:38 PM
QUOTE (SLASH91 @ Jan 24 2008, 06:42 PM) *
Ah, I see. smile.gif I wouldn't exactly agree that there are more "real metal bands" than Metallica, but there are far more technically skilled bands. Metal is metal to me.

BTW, I am talking about their first four albums wink.gif

Yeah their first four albums are really the only ones that can be classed as remotely good. They all still bore the pants of me though.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:09 PM