> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

45 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Cael's Composition Workouts, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 16 2014, 06:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Apr 16 2014, 11:16 AM) *
Sounds like a good plan! But is there any chance we can push the deadline to maybe 25th for this first week and then keep it to the plan after that, so the week after will only be 5 days? I'll be gone from my computer and guitar from later today till Sunday evening and I won't have much time to work on things, but I really like the idea here.

Ok! Let's go for it. Deadline is now 25th. I'm really anxious to know the results of this... smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 23 2014, 08:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 16 2014, 07:37 PM) *
Ok! Let's go for it. Deadline is now 25th. I'm really anxious to know the results of this... smile.gif

Hey! I've not got a finished project just yet, but this is what I'm planning on recording:

Attached File  Idea_for_song_1.gp5 ( 56.68K ) Number of downloads: 287

I felt it was easier to write it down in Guitar Pro first, but maybe I'll take another approach next time.

Also, I sprained my little finger during football yesterday, but I'll try the best I can to record.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Apr 24 2014, 02:06 PM

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 24 2014, 02:50 PM
Learning Rock Star
Maaan, my rythm playing is so untight and I'm about to lose my mind trying to record this sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 24 2014, 03:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Apr 23 2014, 04:48 PM) *
Hey! I've not got a finished project just yet, but this is what I'm planning on recording:

Attached File  Idea_for_song_1.gp5 ( 56.68K ) Number of downloads: 287

I felt it was easier to write it down in Guitar Pro first, but maybe I'll take another approach next time.

Also, I sprained my little finger during football yesterday, but I'll try the best I can to record.

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Apr 24 2014, 10:50 AM) *
Maaan, my rythm playing is so untight and I'm about to lose my mind trying to record this sad.gif

It's sounding VERY interesting man! I like how this one evolved. It has that ingredient that you were lacking. Can't wait to hear the real guitar version! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 24 2014, 03:17 PM
Learning Rock Star
Any tips for getting things tighter when recording? I'm double tracking everything and that makes it sound better, but it's difficult for me getting everything as tight as I want it to be.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 24 2014, 03:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Apr 24 2014, 11:17 AM) *
Any tips for getting things tighter when recording? I'm double tracking everything and that makes it sound better, but it's difficult for me getting everything as tight as I want it to be.

When you say tight, are you meaning to the mix or to your playing?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 24 2014, 03:33 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 24 2014, 04:21 PM) *
When you say tight, are you meaning to the mix or to your playing?

Actually both, but mostly my playing I'd say.

As for the mix, I know it'd be better if I went and hand picked velocity for drum hits and so on, but I'm not gonna be able to make that before tomorrow, so the drums and bass will probably sound a bit dead.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 24 2014, 03:46 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Apr 24 2014, 11:33 AM) *
Actually both, but mostly my playing I'd say.

As for the mix, I know it'd be better if I went and hand picked velocity for drum hits and so on, but I'm not gonna be able to make that before tomorrow, so the drums and bass will probably sound a bit dead.

Playing can be tighter with practice. By now you can record it in small parts and edit it a bit to have the demo, and then you can practice it. Regarding mix, don't worry too much, it would be a next step.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 24 2014, 09:37 PM
Learning Rock Star
I only just got home and now I have to go see my parents for the weekend right after a meeting tomorrow. I will bring my laptop and try and record it while I'm there. I hope that's okay.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 25 2014, 06:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Apr 24 2014, 05:37 PM) *
I only just got home and now I have to go see my parents for the weekend right after a meeting tomorrow. I will bring my laptop and try and record it while I'm there. I hope that's okay.

yeah! it's ok. Go and have a good time with your family. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 25 2014, 07:54 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 25 2014, 07:18 PM) *
yeah! it's ok. Go and have a good time with your family. smile.gif

I sent you a PM with the progress so far. I'm not really ready to share it on the forum biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jun 23 2014, 04:21 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Gabriel! I apologize for not having returned earlier. It's been almost 2 months, and I almost haven't played guitar in that time. I've been so focused on football that I lost track of everything else, but I want to get back at this. Now I'll probably have a break from football as well, as my knee is in terrible state and need some time off and some rehab. I could hardly walk after having played the last game 1½ week ago.

I had redecorated my attic storage space, as you remember, but then I had to move all my stuff from there almost 3 months ago as they were gonna do some work up there. Guess what, they haven't started yet, so I've put all my stuff back up there and will start using it for practicing again. Hopefully tonight.

Last few days I've also been caught up with the world cup. It's been a great one so far!

On a note that's a bit more on topic, I think I'm struggling with having to create a song a week, but I'm still very interested in building a library of licks and then perhaps a bit later on develop some songs. So, yeah, basically I'd like to get slowly into this instead of taking on too much and running my head against the wall. Hopefully I'm back from these 2 months with more inspiration than before... one bad thing is though that I've sprained my finger 1½ week ago during the last match of the season and it kinda hurts when I play guitar, but I might just play anyway.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 23 2014, 05:41 PM
Instructor
Hi Cael! Welcome back!

This 2 months break seems to have been a good period to free your mind and get back to music with clearer thoughts and goals, more relaxed, and ready to enjoy the journey. I got a feeling that there are inspiring days coming for you and I would like to let it flow instead of block it with a lot of stuff o tasks.

Library of licks... that sounds great.

What about learning some licks or songs that could inspire you to create your own licks and ideas?

I like this approach by Marty Friedman, which is very related to my way of using GMC lessons.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 14 2014, 02:40 PM
Learning Rock Star
What I actually meant was a library of riffs. I don't know why I wrote licks. But I guess it could be a combination of both!

By the way, here are two quick ideas I've had:

Attached File  Intro_idea_1.mp3 ( 591.85K ) Number of downloads: 322

Attached File  Intro_idea_2.mp3 ( 813.79K ) Number of downloads: 327

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 14 2014, 05:05 PM
Instructor
Hey mate! It seems that this new guitar is giving you an amazing inspiration!! These two ideas are fantatic. I love the feeling of both, they sound like music for a movie or clip. Very interesting. You should start saving this ideas on the folder and maybe choosing names that represent the feeling each idea gives is a good way to then find them easily.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 8 2014, 06:09 PM
Learning Rock Star
I'm really struggling with coming up with riffs that are longer than just say 1 or 2 meassures. It's frustrating me a great deal!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 9 2014, 03:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 8 2014, 02:09 PM) *
I'm really struggling with coming up with riffs that are longer than just say 1 or 2 meassures. It's frustrating me a great deal!

Sounds interesting... do you have some samples?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Oct 20 2014, 07:44 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Gabriel,

I'm not sure if you've seen my latest PM. But I'll try and record something tonight to show you what I meant by not being able to come up with longer riffs. And even if I come up with something that's okay in length, then I'm struggling with putting together riffs to make a whole song which I can be happy with.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Oct 21 2014, 01:58 AM
Learning Rock Star
Here's the sort of thing I come up with and then can't come further with. I know it's not a totally catchy 4/4 riff by the way laugh.gif But that's how I like to write I suppose.

Attached File  Riff_for_gabriel.mp3 ( 416.99K ) Number of downloads: 327

And here's another thing without drums though, which is more like in 5/4 + 5/4 + 6/4.

Attached File  Riff_for_gabriel2.mp3 ( 235K ) Number of downloads: 297

EDIT: And yet another one:

Attached File  Riff_for_gabriel3.mp3 ( 586.23K ) Number of downloads: 325

I come up with these riffs, and then I find it difficult to use for anything.

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Oct 21 2014, 02:24 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 21 2014, 02:48 AM
Instructor
Hi Cael! Great to see you again here! smile.gif

I've read your "excuses" message, checked that amazing clean intro, the awesome guitar pro song, and this 3 killer riffs and I can only say you are SO talented man. The fact that you are very strict with yourself is helping to create top level stuff and that's a great thing. You told me that the problem is being continuing this ideas, and that's when the strict and auto-critic is giving a negative thing.

When you say, I can't get something that makes me feel happy, by now I would say, you should feel happy if you can finish a song. That's the main goal. "Finishing" a song is not a real thing, there is always time to improve it, improve it and improve it. But we need to trust in ourselves and let the thing happen. A summary of bad ideas can be a road to get the right idea. If we block, we stay quiet, the song freezes, and frustrations appears...

From my personal experience, and my experience with students, I think that the unfinished songs phenomenon is very related to the lack of structure direction. If you imagine the overall structure of a song in your head, you will be able to visualize which parts are lacking and the whole thing starts to take shape.

This is the main reason why, the first task that I use to give on this workouts is to choose 5 favorite songs and analyze structure, arrangements and theory behind it. Song analysis is the way to go to improve our composition skills.

What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

45 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:12 PM