> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

45 Pages V  « < 35 36 37 38 39 > »   
Cael's Composition Workouts, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 14 2019, 01:51 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Nov 13 2019, 05:27 PM) *
Have you seen my playthrough video? It's in its own thread. smile.gif

Checking it now!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 14 2019, 08:22 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thought I'd share this with you. New song from Psychotic Waltz, from their upcoming album to be released on the 14th of February. I don't think it's as good as their old stuff, but it's not bad smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 16 2019, 05:39 PM
Instructor
I like it. It's not what I usually listen to nowadays but I've enjoyed the track.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 17 2020, 11:47 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Gabriel.

I've decided to play around with mic'ing up my amp/cab. It's a Laney Ironheart and I'm really enjoying the sound. The Psychotic Waltz cover I did was recorded with my amp and so are these two clips:

Attached File  Riff_1.mp3 ( 874.49K ) Number of downloads: 62

Attached File  Riff2.mp3 ( 579.59K ) Number of downloads: 55

What do you think? It's inspiring to use an amp, I feel! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 21 2020, 02:47 AM
Instructor
Great tones and riffs!! I love it.

Yeah, old school neves fails. 🙌🏻

What are you planning?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 21 2020, 03:56 AM
Learning Rock Star
I'm hoping to at least get inspired and write some new music. But I find it difficult, especially as I'm very critical and delete a lot of what I write again. I need to change my mindset and save everything.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 21 2020, 04:26 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 20 2020, 11:56 PM) *
I'm hoping to at least get inspired and write some new music. But I find it difficult, especially as I'm very critical and delete a lot of what I write again. I need to change my mindset and save everything.

Yes!! Never delete! Please.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 21 2020, 04:27 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 21 2020, 04:26 AM) *
Yes!! Never delete! Please.

It's just easy to think: "this is not good enough and I'll never use it for anything!" mad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 21 2020, 04:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 21 2020, 12:27 AM) *
It's just easy to think: "this is not good enough and I'll never use it for anything!" mad.gif

You never know. Maybe re-listening a riff in the future can inspire you to create another one that you love.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 21 2020, 04:15 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 21 2020, 04:07 PM) *
You never know. Maybe re-listening a riff in the future can inspire you to create another one that you love.

And I agree with that thought process, but it's when I sit in the exact situation of writing that I think: "this is not good enough", but when I'm not in that situation I think more clearly that I should save my riffs smile.gif

This morning I did a quick down-tuned cover of this song:

Here is the cover without vocals, as they're tricky for, as I'm not really a singer smile.gif I think it's good training to see how other songs are written.

I didn't listen through the file, but I hear some errors in the render now. Oh well, it was just done for myself, nothing to be released smile.gif I also didn't include keyboard solo.

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Feb 21 2020, 04:25 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Eyes_of_Denial_001.mp3 ( 10.82MB ) Number of downloads: 48

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 25 2020, 04:30 PM
Instructor
Great job mate! This sounds very consistent! And yes, this is a killer training for your writing and production skills! The more you do this, the more easier will be to make your ideas real.

Keep going!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 25 2020, 05:21 PM
Learning Rock Star
Yes, I realize more and more that a lot of good songs only have 3-4 different parts and maybe some variations. Of course it's a bit different for progressive metal at times, but even in that genre there are songs with just a few different parts. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 26 2020, 02:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 25 2020, 01:21 PM) *
Yes, I realize more and more that a lot of good songs only have 3-4 different parts and maybe some variations. Of course it's a bit different for progressive metal at times, but even in that genre there are songs with just a few different parts. smile.gif

Yeah, I feel that this is how modern music sounds. From Pop to Metal, even progressive.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 26 2020, 07:22 PM
Learning Rock Star
I wanted to share this with you too.

Some weeks back I thought it was interesting to work on growling. So I recorded some tests. This is one of them:

Then I contacted a teacher in my city who can teach growls, but I don't have the energy or money at the moment, but when he heard some of my attempts at growling he said I should join a band in a nearby city who is looking for a singer in that style. But now I sort of lost the mood for growling laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 28 2020, 04:03 PM
Instructor
That's awesome!! This sounds very convincing mate!! I also think that you should join a band! Let that mood get back! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 6 2020, 10:39 AM
Learning Rock Star
I wanted to share a rough draft of something new I'm working on. I might be starting a band soon, as a bass player in town wants to start something with me. He wants to play progressive sludge metal, so I tried to write something in that style. Sort of in the style of Mastodon.

Still a rough draft and kind of untight in some parts, but I wanted to share it anyway smile.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Mastodon_song.mp3 ( 6.68MB ) Number of downloads: 53

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 6 2020, 05:34 PM
Instructor
These are great news!! Are you going to sing too?

This tune sounds very fresh to me. I like the musical direction and how your composition skills adapts to this style.

This is very promising.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 6 2020, 06:14 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 6 2020, 05:34 PM) *
These are great news!! Are you going to sing too?

This tune sounds very fresh to me. I like the musical direction and how your composition skills adapts to this style.

This is very promising.

I hope I don't have to sing while playing, because I'm not good at that, but maybe on a demo smile.gif

And thanks for listening.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 6 2020, 07:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Apr 6 2020, 02:14 PM) *
I hope I don't have to sing while playing, because I'm not good at that, but maybe on a demo smile.gif

Practice! You'll avoid lots of headaches if you don't work with a singer. mellow.gif

Practice! You'll avoid lots of headaches if you don't work with a singer. mellow.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 28 2020, 09:17 AM
Learning Rock Star
Heh, I've been trying to get into the groove of recording last few nights. I bought a Reaper recording/mixing template from Drewsif ( https://drewsif.bigcartel.com/product/reapertemplate) and it has been an instant improvement in my mixes. Still trying to tweak the template to suit me, so I've been having fun recording some ideas.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  GrowlTest.mp3 ( 791.84K ) Number of downloads: 44
Attached File  I_tried_to_be_Devin_Townsend_and_I_failed_004.mp3 ( 1.66MB ) Number of downloads: 46

--------------------

+Quote Post

45 Pages V  « < 35 36 37 38 39 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:14 AM