2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Headphones Advice?
besip
Oct 29 2008, 03:15 AM
GMC:er
Hi..i'm don't like to play over headphones but i'm like to play loud..but thats not possible at night when is my favourite practise time biggrin.gif ..actualy i'm allready have 20$ Sonny headphones but they don't do good job specialy with powerchords thy don't sound real!!!!

can somebody recomedet me some good headphones ....to have good sound when i'm be play over them????

and actualy 1 more gear question..i'm playning to buy in future podXt or pod X3..It's possible to send to the system backing track from PC and play with headpones over the backing????

i'm afraid in my VoX valvetronic XL thats isn't possible..i'm got there just Imput for Guitar..Then phone line..and foot switch

Thanks for any advice
Rene

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by besip: Oct 29 2008, 03:16 AM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Oct 29 2008, 07:48 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
With my zoom g9.2tt with USB cable connection for recording I can also let the output from the PC go through the zoom unit instead of the PC speakerset (I do this through ASIO4ALL). Would not surprise me if this would be the same for the POD devices.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Torben
Oct 29 2008, 07:53 AM
Hi there,

Not that I'm an expert or something, but I have AKG k141 Studio headphones and are really pleased with them.
They are somewhat expensive. Around 100$ (if you don't live in Norway - then you add 50%!)
Just keep in mind that the sound is not solely dependent on the headphones. Also consider your MIDI box, amp etc.
Good luck.

(When it comes to the POD X3 I don't have a clue....)

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Oct 29 2008, 09:18 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Buy some AKG headphones, they're awesome smile.gif

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 29 2008, 09:59 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I have a POD X3 and I have connected it so I can play backing tracks on my computer into the POD and listen with headphones. It's also possible to connect a mp3 player to it and play along.

+Quote Post
Fran
Oct 29 2008, 04:38 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
I also recommend AKGs, they sound really good. Sennheiser is another great brand for headphones.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Resurrection
Oct 29 2008, 04:52 PM

+1 for Sennheiser biggrin.gif

--------------------
If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can't, you're right.

+Quote Post
besip
Oct 29 2008, 10:20 PM
Thanks i'm check them out!!!!!
MickeM..Thanks also for the info cool.gif

My Sonny headphones for 20$ is realy bad cool.gif specialy with power chords...i'm belive i'm have now same headphones what Nick Kelly use on his instructional video

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
jer
Oct 29 2008, 10:43 PM
+2 for Sennheiser.

I have had a great set of them for years. They last forever, don't skimp.

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post
besip
Oct 29 2008, 10:49 PM
it's there some price range where i'm be can sure about headphones????
or actuly from what price range is safety buy quality stuff ph34r.gif rolleyes.gif

torben-they look good and also are for ok price

This post has been edited by besip: Oct 29 2008, 11:50 PM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 30 2008, 12:33 AM
Instructor
I use AKG K141 Studio and they are great, very accurate, fast response, and even sound for the price - so recommending those.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
besip
Oct 30 2008, 01:02 AM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Oct 29 2008, 06:33 PM) *
I use AKG K141 Studio and they are great, very accurate, fast response, and even sound for the price - so recommending those.

cool thank you i'm check them out they are for good price cool.gif
i'm need some better headphones becouse on my 20$ Sony specialywith Power chords sound horible...like i'm write before

This post has been edited by besip: Oct 30 2008, 01:03 AM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 30 2008, 01:27 PM
Instructor
I think you will be very pleased with those Besip. Take care mate, and let us know what you bought.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Oct 30 2008, 04:22 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I recommend also AKG headphones..Also I have been using for some time now sennheiser HD465 and I'm pleased with them! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Gerardo Siere
Oct 30 2008, 05:32 PM
Instructor
I also recomend AKG, using that in a friend studio.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
jdriver
Nov 1 2008, 07:16 AM
No Grado fans here? The SR-60 is one of the most audiophile quality 'phones you can get for so cheap, about $70. I have both the SR-60 and the SR-225, both excellent and comfortable. HOWEVER, they are not isolation type, so best used in a quiet environment.

--------------------
"I dreamed a lot when I was younger..
I'm older now but still I hunger
For some understanding.
There's no understanding, now.
Was there ever?

...Joe Puerta (Ambrosia)...

Finally got a YouTube page going.

+Quote Post
p.d.groen
Nov 1 2008, 03:20 PM
Hi Besip,

I used to play a lot over Sennheizer headphones in the past. They sound all-right, but you might want to use a speaker simulator or another tone control to crank up the mid's to improve the sound.

One warning: when using headphones, you're easily tempted to set the volume too high. As guitar sound consists mainly of mid ang high frequencies, this will ruin your ears. I stopped using them after hearing a continuous "beep" sound ringing in my ears for an hour after practising. No lasting damage done, but I now prefer the speaker of the amp, with lower volume.

Have fun playing.

Peter.

+Quote Post
Gus
Nov 1 2008, 04:28 PM
QUOTE (besip @ Oct 29 2008, 03:15 AM) *
and actualy 1 more gear question..i'm playning to buy in future podXt or pod X3..It's possible to send to the system backing track from PC and play with headpones over the backing????

Not only you can play POD on headphones, but also the best sound of POD without a good cracked amp is gonna be on your headphones. I practice like that every day.
Just be sure to avoid too loud volumes so that you don't get your hearing affected.

For headphones I am now using AKG K 271. It is absolutely awesome.
Something more within budget but that is really great is Koss Porta Pro. I had one and I am looking forward to buy a new one to listen mp3 on the go.

This post has been edited by Gus: Nov 1 2008, 04:29 PM

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
bamba23
Nov 1 2008, 08:10 PM
i can only say from personal expr
my friend have a 250 NIS (that like 50 bucks) headphones
and they suck
i jsut bought panasonic that ost 75 NIS (around 15-20 bucks)
they pretty awsome.
they sound good,they really good for my ears.
u can jsut try them,just like guitars lol happy.gif

+Quote Post
besip
Nov 1 2008, 11:10 PM
AKG k141 Studio looks good for the price!!!

i'm a litle afraid just about the conection...li'm read some review and lot of people complain about the sound and they say the connecion was bad after few weeks-month and lot of problem was probaly also with broken or jiggle cable ..

but looks like the cable can be change easy becouse the headphones has
Cable plug-in single cable, approx. 3 m (10 ft.)

will se it's be nice if they let me try them on some Guitar store how they sound on real guitar sound

To ->
p.d.groen

I'm got you actualy i'm don't like use mutch headphones ...but in my case is no way smile.gif ..my favourite and alsoo Free time to play now is betwen 10pm -Midnight... at the time when my girlfriend usualy sleep allready and my neigbrhoud is 80 old year woman...it's no easy play with lower Volume smile.gif ..I'm can play but with realy lower volume and thats boring and there is no way to hear mistakes so weell cool.gif

Thanks For respond to all

Rene

This post has been edited by besip: Nov 1 2008, 11:13 PM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:43 PM