> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Tuckerg's Groove Building Ring
TuckerG
Mar 21 2012, 10:06 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 21 2012, 08:52 AM) *
Great news Tucker! After I can see your playing I will most definitely have a good idea regarding our direction studying together. I will pick out specific lessons here at GMC focusing on various aspects of playing and we can go through them together till you master each and every one wink.gif

let's rock man!

Cosmin

Haha, all I can say to that is perfect! biggrin.gif I love it. Next post is video, from me!!!! biggrin.gif

-Tucker

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 23 2012, 08:11 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (TuckerG @ Mar 21 2012, 09:06 AM) *
Haha, all I can say to that is perfect! biggrin.gif I love it. Next post is video, from me!!!! biggrin.gif

-Tucker

biggrin.gif awesome mate!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
TuckerG
Mar 30 2012, 10:23 AM

Is there any chance you could give me any pointers on my mic distance? biggrin.gif

This my guitar stuff, what I have available for practicing

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

This post has been edited by TuckerG: Mar 30 2012, 10:26 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 30 2012, 05:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (TuckerG @ Mar 30 2012, 09:23 AM) *
Is there any chance you could give me any pointers on my mic distance? biggrin.gif

This my guitar stuff, what I have available for practicing

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Hey Tucker! Nice RIG man!! I would totally advise you to ask Todd Simpson about the mic distancing because he is more experienced than I am at this smile.gif he'll provide excellent counseling at this wink.gif Let's see the takes bro!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
TuckerG
Mar 30 2012, 10:57 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 30 2012, 04:00 PM) *
Hey Tucker! Nice RIG man!! I would totally advise you to ask Todd Simpson about the mic distancing because he is more experienced than I am at this smile.gif he'll provide excellent counseling at this wink.gif Let's see the takes bro!

Cosmin

I'm posting them here in a bit, right after I close down the Accouting Lab, and take one more shot at the machine gun in MM4! But like , I really am sir HAHA! I have a mic and no more excuses to delay my first video up on GMC!!!! biggrin.gif I am putting 3 tracks in each video, and the videos are straight through so you can see all my mess ups, my whole process...smile.gif I am so embarrassed about everyone (at least that clicks in) seeing me play. tongue.gif Man Cosmin, am I on the right track in thinking that watching me play, uncut and with all my mistakes a great way for you to see my weaknesses, and what needs the most focus? biggrin.gif

Haha, man for some reason as I read your "nice RIG man" comment, my sense of well being elevated into bliss for a while. LOL biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 31 2012, 02:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (TuckerG @ Mar 30 2012, 09:57 PM) *
I'm posting them here in a bit, right after I close down the Accouting Lab, and take one more shot at the machine gun in MM4! But like , I really am sir HAHA! I have a mic and no more excuses to delay my first video up on GMC!!!! biggrin.gif I am putting 3 tracks in each video, and the videos are straight through so you can see all my mess ups, my whole process...smile.gif I am so embarrassed about everyone (at least that clicks in) seeing me play. tongue.gif Man Cosmin, am I on the right track in thinking that watching me play, uncut and with all my mistakes a great way for you to see my weaknesses, and what needs the most focus? biggrin.gif

Haha, man for some reason as I read your "nice RIG man" comment, my sense of well being elevated into bliss for a while. LOL biggrin.gif

Relax Tuck! biggrin.gif may I call you that? I'm sure you'll do fine and remember that these vids will only help you improve!! wink.gif Let me know when the takes are ready, k?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
TuckerG
Apr 2 2012, 03:26 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 31 2012, 01:02 PM) *
Relax Tuck! biggrin.gif may I call you that? I'm sure you'll do fine and remember that these vids will only help you improve!! wink.gif Let me know when the takes are ready, k?

Cosmin

Haha, heck yea you can call me Tuck! I love it! biggrin.gif Cosmin, I need some help sir tongue.gif I have several videos loaded into Reaper, and I have spent so much time on them, lol but have been enjoying every minute...Anyway, I even went and bought a $99 microphone for my amp (Haha!! I love gear!), got everything lined up, hit render, and can't get anything? LOL, Should I put them in another program? It says it is because the video is too big or something. I am looking online for a way, but if you have any ideas, I'm down!! biggrin.gif If I can't get it to work, then I'll just post the web cam audio, gosh it really isn't much different!! biggrin.gif Haha

-Tucker

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 31 2012, 01:02 PM) *

Cosmin

BTW good sir, Midterms were over the past 2 weeks, and I am the Student Assistant for the entire Economics, Finance, and Accounting dept at school, and grade all the exams from all the profs lol! I have been many nights grading until the AM tongue.gif LOL, otherwise Cosmin, I would have had these vids out long ago, actually am a very timely person most of the time good sir!! I can't wait to get going, gah! smile.gif

-Tucker

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 2 2012, 08:59 AM
Instructor
Hey Tuck biggrin.gif wow man, that's a big responsibility you got there with the grading biggrin.gif hope you'll make it through like a champ! Mate, for the time being you can post the movies in this thread so that we may discuss them and then get to editing with Reaper. First thing, I am interested in your playing wink.gif so don't worry about the quality too much at this point biggrin.gif

Cosmin

QUOTE (TuckerG @ Apr 2 2012, 02:26 AM) *
Haha, heck yea you can call me Tuck! I love it! biggrin.gif Cosmin, I need some help sir tongue.gif I have several videos loaded into Reaper, and I have spent so much time on them, lol but have been enjoying every minute...Anyway, I even went and bought a $99 microphone for my amp (Haha!! I love gear!), got everything lined up, hit render, and can't get anything? LOL, Should I put them in another program? It says it is because the video is too big or something. I am looking online for a way, but if you have any ideas, I'm down!! biggrin.gif If I can't get it to work, then I'll just post the web cam audio, gosh it really isn't much different!! biggrin.gif Haha

-Tucker

BTW good sir, Midterms were over the past 2 weeks, and I am the Student Assistant for the entire Economics, Finance, and Accounting dept at school, and grade all the exams from all the profs lol! I have been many nights grading until the AM tongue.gif LOL, otherwise Cosmin, I would have had these vids out long ago, actually am a very timely person most of the time good sir!! I can't wait to get going, gah! smile.gif

-Tucker

+Quote Post
TuckerG
May 2 2012, 06:27 AM
Attached File  Tom_Morello_Style_Lesson___T._Green.wmv ( 18.73MB ) Number of downloads: 120

Good Sir, my videos woohoo! biggrin.gif I'll post more through the night. Finals are over as of yesterday, tax season is over...gosh I am ready for a serious practice schedule man, and the live sessions! I have a GNX4 (Digitech) I'm using through Reaper. Lol, I suck Cosmin, but so want to get better smile.gif Anyway, I will post these videos, then await your instruction! biggrin.gif

-Tucker

QUOTE (TuckerG @ May 2 2012, 05:23 AM) *
Attached File  Tom_Morello_Style_Lesson___T._Green.wmv ( 18.73MB ) Number of downloads: 120

Good Sir, my videos woohoo! biggrin.gif I'll post more through the night. Finals are over as of yesterday, tax season is over...gosh I am ready for a serious practice schedule man, and the live sessions! I have a GNX4 (Digitech) I'm using through Reaper. Lol, I suck Cosmin, but so want to get better smile.gif Anyway, I will post these videos, then await your instruction! biggrin.gif

-Tucker

Oh geez, man di I post that video right? i am just using the upload thing...

LOL, man my lead guitar ability is highly entertaining tongue.gif haha enjoy

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 2 2012, 02:43 PM
Instructor
Duuuude biggrin.gif welcome back! Man, you've got an awesome balance when you are playing! The things which you have to work on is the attack in your right hand biggrin.gif for this sort of riffing, you are a bit too soft tongue.gif you need to be more aggressive but keeping the tightness. The single note riffs towards the end were a bit unsure, but with a little more practice and keeping in mind what I told you above, you can rip this lesson apart biggrin.gif

Congratulations my friend! I like your playing - so, the Pillar style lesson? tongue.gif I can move on to the details with ya, that's great!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
TuckerG
May 2 2012, 06:41 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 2 2012, 01:43 PM) *
Duuuude biggrin.gif welcome back! Man, you've got an awesome balance when you are playing! The things which you have to work on is the attack in your right hand biggrin.gif for this sort of riffing, you are a bit too soft tongue.gif you need to be more aggressive but keeping the tightness. The single note riffs towards the end were a bit unsure, but with a little more practice and keeping in mind what I told you above, you can rip this lesson apart biggrin.gif

Congratulations my friend! I like your playing - so, the Pillar style lesson? tongue.gif I can move on to the details with ya, that's great!

Cosmin

Pillar Style? Oh, Sir you mean the single best union of melodic permutations ever conceived of, and transcribed from mind to material experience with all existential riff perfection in uniform translation to a tab sheet? LOL, I am on my 28th take or so, it will be posted shortly! biggrin.gif Along with some MM4 and 5 if possible. I want you to see as much as possible man. Just the instruction in you reply to the video is worth the 6 month membership fee. biggrin.gif Thanks man

I definitely see what you are saying. When I watch the video, my attack looks really weak ( when I observe objectively). It seems maybe by increasing my confidence, my attack will get stronger? I will work on that, awesome.

P.S. Cosmin, man i am so glad to be back in the program smile.gif I am having a hard time dialing in the tone I think Pillar Style is worthy of, so I'm using the best sound I can do biggrin.gif Ok, back to video... biggrin.gif

-Tucker

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 3 2012, 09:48 AM
Instructor
You're far too kind Tuck! Keep me updated wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
TuckerG
May 14 2012, 04:02 AM
Hello Cosmin!! biggrin.gif How are you sir? I, have found a good summer job, know my schedule for next couple months, and am ready to get pretty focused on lessons. I will have around 3 hours a night, and sometimes as much as 4 to 5 hours I would like to commit to! smile.gif I am very pensive about my speed and attack man. I do not even know a good finger exercise that will build endurance, muscle memory, and speed. An exercise like this it seems is must have in the practice arsenal for students, haha biggrin.gif I have several tabs from some of the other instructor's lessons, but I don't know where to start bro tongue.gif Anyway, I await your lesson plan sir!! biggrin.gif

-Tucker

P.S. LOL, I added a goofy riff on the end of Metal Metrics 5, I think I might be OCD (Obsessive Compulsive), or something, but its like I have to put it on there!! biggrin.gif Haha! Don't laugh too much man. smile.gif

QUOTE (TuckerG @ May 14 2012, 03:01 AM) *
Hello Cosmin!! biggrin.gif How are you sir? I, have found a good summer job, know my schedule for next couple months, and am ready to get pretty focused on lessons. I will have around 3 hours a night, and sometimes as much as 4 to 5 hours I would like to commit to! smile.gif I am very pensive about my speed and attack man. I do not even know a good finger exercise that will build endurance, muscle memory, and speed. An exercise like this it seems is must have in the practice arsenal for students, haha biggrin.gif I have several tabs from some of the other instructor's lessons, but I don't know where to start bro tongue.gif Anyway, I await your lesson plan sir!! biggrin.gif

-Tucker

P.S. LOL, I added a goofy riff on the end of Metal Metrics 5, I think I might be OCD (Obsessive Compulsive), or something, but its like I have to put it on there!! biggrin.gif Haha! Don't laugh too much man. smile.gif

I swear I'll Get a better Camera also man biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
TuckerG
May 14 2012, 09:10 AM
I had to post those vids on youtube and imbed them, I can't seem to upload anything...Haha, I blocked comments though, people can get really nasty, real often, kind of sad tongue.gif LOL

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 14 2012, 01:17 PM
Instructor
Hey Tuck! Great to see you back man biggrin.gif

Dude, let's take things one at a time:

1) The vids are ok, by this meaning that I can see and understand what you are playing smile.gif
2) The first thing I would suggest to focus on, is timing and for this, we should try and work on the lesson parts separately, starting at half the tempo. This style of playing requires maximum tightness and impecable timing so this is what you need to build up mate biggrin.gif

Regarding the schedule wink.gif I will make a post today for all my mentoring army, which will be directed towards this idea and you will ALL benefit from it, k? smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
TuckerG
May 15 2012, 01:18 AM
Awesome, I will be looking for the post. smile.gif Man, i'd really like to get my timing down tight.

I was just reading several comments in Dinaga's thread about the insane lessons, and breaking down a lesson in to sections at slower speeds seems to be the way its done! biggrin.gif This sounds great sir, tell me what lesson and section to get to work on, and I'll get to work! smile.gif

-Tucker

This post has been edited by TuckerG: May 15 2012, 01:44 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 15 2012, 08:14 AM
Instructor
Alright Tuck biggrin.gif let's start with the Metal Metrics 5 lesson - almost forgot to tell you - congrats on nailing the 16th notes and triplet little phrase biggrin.gif that one is very tricky at higher speeds tongue.gif

So, isolate the first part, take it to 50% and play it with the metronome, bringing it up to speed. Focus on timing and perfect execution smile.gif Then, do the same with every other part.

I noticed that you had trouble with part 4 (the verse part finishing with the octaves) that one should be treated with care biggrin.gif

Let's see a recording at 75% speed and let me know if there's anything more you'd like to know smile.gif

all the best

Cosmin

+Quote Post
TuckerG
May 17 2012, 06:32 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 15 2012, 07:14 AM) *
Alright Tuck biggrin.gif let's start with the Metal Metrics 5 lesson - almost forgot to tell you - congrats on nailing the 16th notes and triplet little phrase biggrin.gif that one is very tricky at higher speeds tongue.gif

So, isolate the first part, take it to 50% and play it with the metronome, bringing it up to speed. Focus on timing and perfect execution smile.gif Then, do the same with every other part.

I noticed that you had trouble with part 4 (the verse part finishing with the octaves) that one should be treated with care biggrin.gif

Let's see a recording at 75% speed and let me know if there's anything more you'd like to know smile.gif

all the best

Cosmin

Cosmin, I am having some trouble with the BPM, the tab says its 105, but on my metronome and drum machine thing, 105 is way slower than the lesson. I've just been practicing at much lower speeds, which I am now playing the lesson RIGHT btw smile.gif like really, but I don't know how to dial in 75% of 100% of the regular lesson speed on my gnx4, because 75% of speed seems more like 10%, lol! I use the lesson track at 75, but I don't know how to record me with that for you to see, good sir biggrin.gif

Anyway, just seems the bpm aren't translating for me, or i am noob, probably the latter haha biggrin.gif I also want to get it right for my journal entries...

If i am confusing you, just say bust! And I'll post up a recording of me playing MM5 at a slower speed, rightly, and with better timing, somewhere around the 75 of speed mark smile.gif lol, im a dork

-Tucker

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 17 2012, 07:22 AM
Instructor
Hey Tuck smile.gif hmmm 105 BPM should be 105 BPM on any device, now, in order to calculate 75% out of 105, we have the following formula:

(75/100) x 105 = 0.75 x 105 = 78, 75 which we shall round up at 80 BPM

Use any metronome on the internet (search 'online metronome' on Google) and set it at 80 BPM, playing quarter notes, ok?

Record yourself having the metronome playing and there you go tongue.gif you can record in the same fashion using the provided backing tracks smile.gif

let me know if it works wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
TuckerG
May 18 2012, 09:56 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 17 2012, 06:22 AM) *
Hey Tuck smile.gif hmmm 105 BPM should be 105 BPM on any device, now, in order to calculate 75% out of 105, we have the following formula:

(75/100) x 105 = 0.75 x 105 = 78, 75 which we shall round up at 80 BPM

Use any metronome on the internet (search 'online metronome' on Google) and set it at 80 BPM, playing quarter notes, ok?

Record yourself having the metronome playing and there you go tongue.gif you can record in the same fashion using the provided backing tracks smile.gif

let me know if it works wink.gif

Cosmin

Cosmin, good sir do not disown me , please haha!! biggrin.gif lol, the bpm on MM% is 105? Man, I think it may be that there are more notes per beat? I am going to do some research on notes real fast, i think that may be my issue. I was an applied physics major before I switched to Acc/Econ, so I can convert pretty much any quantifiable integers with counting properties using a standard set of differential equations, however this is because its interesting, not because I'm smart!! LMAO biggrin.gif So, I am stuck on this, which i think I need to study some music theory bro, having you as a mentor and the opportunity to learn how to play right is worth the study smile.gif. Also, I was doing the main riff wrong, that is corrected now.tongue.gif I bought GuitarPro so this will help much! biggrin.gif Anyway, Posting video tonight of MM5 sir!...and my excel goal chart for you to see.

-Tucker

This post has been edited by TuckerG: May 18 2012, 09:58 PM

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:20 AM