Rowing Students And Instructors?
Sean_1234
Dec 27 2010, 04:29 PM
GMC:er
Hey GMC,

first of all I'd like to say: WOW!!! What a great site! I've been a member for quite a while, but I just recently started to become active ont he forums (competitions rolleyes.gif ) and it's such a blast to talk with all you people! Thanks!

One thing I found out wasn't all that pleasen., I heard from different members that people were forced to leave GMC? I'd like to know what's true of this? I know for instance that Kaznie_NL has been banned (he's a personal friend of my, I spoke him a week ago, he was quite sad sad.gif ), ZakkWylde wasn't offered a free acount and David Wallimann, Muris Varajic and Emir Hot left because of 'problems' they kept to themselves (very discreet of them). I used to have quite some PM contact with Kaznie_NL (or Kaz) and he helped me out with quite a lot of theory questions when I wasn't seeing him in person. This isn't available now sad.gif

Can anyone tell me what's going on? I want all the good sides of GMC, but maybe the bad sides are part of it as well? can't we just cut the bad parts out? smile.gif

Thumbs up for the keyword function and the new scale generator, you gotta love 'em smile.gif Very nice biggrin.gif

BTW Can a modd edit the title? I meant like 'leaving' instead of 'Rowing' laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Sean_1234: Dec 27 2010, 04:35 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
maharzan
Dec 27 2010, 04:49 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Kaz got banned? I thought I saw him actively here around. Hmm, well admins might know exact reasons but its definitely not a good thing if active people start leaving. Joining and Leaving on your own cannot be stopped but GMC seriously need to do something to retain at least few of the people if not all. I believe, thats a good thing to attract more new members as well. Anyway, admins probably know better...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Bluesberry
Dec 27 2010, 05:22 PM
Learning Roadie
I think things like these are quite awkward issues for several reasons. First of all, I think all the reasons for anything like a user being banned should, basically, be told to everyone. Why so, it's because GMC is a community after all. When all the facts aren't clear to people, rumours and such may start which eventually just leads to more unclarity and awkward situations inside the community. However, I also understand that a degree of privacy should remain and that everyone can't know everything about everyone else - especially if something has happened to cause big disagreements.

Muris and Emir seem to have left, but this does not mean that they have left because of some secret disagreements. I'd like to wait to hear the actual facts from someone before forming any kind of an opinion and I also strongly suggest everyone else to do the same. I seriously hope that GMC staff doesn't ignore this thread and will come up with some answers. I don't think teaching and learning guitar can be such serious business that there could be such big issues here at GMC. smile.gif

This seems a bit weird, yes, but let's hang on. I don't think there's anything serious going on and I'd like to hear what the administration has to say about this.

Sean, what do you mean by saying Zakkwylde wasn't offered a free account? Everyone pays for their tuition, and the forum accounts are permanent. So what's the issue?

+Quote Post
Sean_1234
Dec 27 2010, 05:44 PM
QUOTE (Kristian Hyvarinen @ Dec 27 2010, 05:22 PM) *
Sean, what do you mean by saying Zakkwylde wasn't offered a free account? Everyone pays for their tuition, and the forum accounts are permanent. So what's the issue?

Some good argumentation there Kristian, I like that!

About ZakkWylde, there was quite a story with him. He stated he was going to leave GMC because he couldn't pay for it. Some member who had free memberships for different reasons said ZakkWylde deserved it as well, one even asked whether it was possible to give ZakkWylde his free membership. He's such a big addition to GMC, he can't be missed smile.gif Read all about it here: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=37374 Discussion starts abit towards the end of the post. Kaznie was quite active, but there were more people who asked the GMC staff to take a look.

Thanks for some interesting reads Kristian smile.gif

QUOTE (Kristian Hyvarinen @ Dec 27 2010, 05:22 PM) *
I don't think teaching and learning guitar can be such serious business that there could be such big issues here at GMC. smile.gif

Epic and true smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bluesberry
Dec 27 2010, 05:51 PM
Learning Roadie
Alright, that clears it up a bit, thanks. smile.gif Let's wait to see what people have to say, I believe issues like these can be solved when approached with a calm and reasonable attitude. This is a rather big site so problems are bound to come up (all bigger communities and sites have their own, eventually). All it takes is some patience and honesty to clear things up.

This post has been edited by Kristian Hyvarinen: Dec 27 2010, 05:52 PM

+Quote Post
Sean_1234
Dec 27 2010, 06:22 PM
QUOTE (Kristian Hyvarinen @ Dec 27 2010, 05:51 PM) *
Alright, that clears it up a bit, thanks. smile.gif Let's wait to see what people have to say, I believe issues like these can be solved when approached with a calm and reasonable attitude. This is a rather big site so problems are bound to come up (all bigger communities and sites have their own, eventually). All it takes is some patience and honesty to clear things up.

With some reasoning there should be a nice explanation tongue.gif that's right man smile.gif

Now I hope I don't get banned for starting this discussion... I didn't intend on the problems you talked about smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bluesberry
Dec 27 2010, 07:07 PM
Learning Roadie
Yeah, the only problem I might see with this thread is that many (maybe even most) forums prefer to take care of issues like these behind the curtains not to let them affect the discussion. However, I've seen stuff like this being brought up continuously in other threads, so I'm interested too. I think this is a good idea - open-mindness and honesty is the way to go. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 27 2010, 09:30 PM
GMC Founder
@ Sean - awesome to hear you words about the site, recent additions and competitions - one of the reason we have them is to involve as many people as possible in the community!

About the members/instructors you are asking about - some of them have left by their own will and some have been banned. One specific example is Kaznie who was banned after breaking forum rules numerous times and not responding to moderator pm:s.

These are measures we take to keep the site's positive vibe and fresh content.

I am a little surprised that some of you think we are a "closed" community (in the sense that we wouldn't want to discuss things in the open). The way I see it we can discuss anything in the open with one exception - when the open discussion might harm the people being discussed. Those who have been here for some time probably know what kind of situation I am referring to.

Back to practicing now - I am recording some lines over a awesome tune which Lian wrote and which is going to feature some other instructors from GMC as well ...stay tuned I think you will like it! wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bluesberry
Dec 28 2010, 05:22 PM
Learning Roadie
Alright, this is the way to go. Thanks to Kris for answering, the fact that this thread still exists and that you replied here has a meaning. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Sean_1234
Jan 16 2011, 07:52 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Dec 27 2010, 09:30 PM) *
@ Sean - awesome to hear you words about the site, recent additions and competitions - one of the reason we have them is to involve as many people as possible in the community!

About the members/instructors you are asking about - some of them have left by their own will and some have been banned. One specific example is Kaznie who was banned after breaking forum rules numerous times and not responding to moderator pm:s.

These are measures we take to keep the site's positive vibe and fresh content.

I am a little surprised that some of you think we are a "closed" community (in the sense that we wouldn't want to discuss things in the open). The way I see it we can discuss anything in the open with one exception - when the open discussion might harm the people being discussed. Those who have been here for some time probably know what kind of situation I am referring to.

Back to practicing now - I am recording some lines over a awesome tune which Lian wrote and which is going to feature some other instructors from GMC as well ...stay tuned I think you will like it! wink.gif

Removing this thread kinda made the idea of this site being closed even more alive then it was previously. I kinda saw that as evidence... It's a good thing you do reply though, that's cool wink.gif

About Kaz.... I spoke to him at a meeting about two weeks ago and he didn't quite agree with you. He wasn't sure what moderator PM's you meant, he has asked me to get in touch with him using his YouTube channel kaznerov? I'm not sure who to believe on the issue. GMC members all tell me he was actually a really nice guy, you tell me he was banned because he broke the rules and didn't respond. I gues the other members are lying then wink.gif

Thakns again for your time man, it shows you've seriously invest time in making your members happy! That's cool biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jan 16 2011, 09:40 PM
Learning Roadie
Wow, I didn't know this. I'm glad that they allow open discussions like this. I was always afraid it was like, "You put up a topic like this, I terminate you!" laugh.gif But thankfully this is a community that can openly and respectfully discuss things. That's sad about some of these issues with members like kaznie. sad.gif

By the way, Sean, that's funny about the "rowing". I was like 'wha??' Rowing Students and Instructors? As in Row, row, row your boat! Gently down the stream! laugh.gif

This post has been edited by thefireball: Jan 16 2011, 09:41 PM

+Quote Post
Sean_1234
Jan 16 2011, 09:48 PM
QUOTE (thefireball @ Jan 16 2011, 09:40 PM) *
Wow, I didn't know this. I'm glad that they allow open discussions like this. I was always afraid it was like, "You put up a topic like this, I terminate you!" laugh.gif But thankfully this is a community that can openly and respectfully discuss things. That's sad about some of these issues with members like kaznie. sad.gif

By the way, Sean, that's funny about the "rowing". I was like 'wha??' Rowing Students and Instructors? As in Row, row, row your boat! Gently down the stream! laugh.gif

Haha, that was really stupid I know tongue.gif haha. I did believe it was an existing word, but when i typed it I thought nah... I should change that. But then I clicked Post and it was to late smile.gif The internet.... biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Bluesberry
Jan 16 2011, 10:40 PM
Learning Roadie
Nah, rowing does mean arguing. smile.gif I just don't think it's used that much... but yeah, I find it great that people can talk openly in this thread about things. Rumours aren't fun, but they would start spreading even more if the discussion wasn't open.

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Jan 17 2011, 03:01 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (thefireball @ Jan 16 2011, 08:40 PM) *
Wow, I didn't know this. I'm glad that they allow open discussions like this. I was always afraid it was like, "You put up a topic like this, I terminate you!"

I'm Glad too find they are so open too smile.gif from the first time I saw this thread I tougth it would be Closed and Mr.GuitarTube Would Show up at Sean s House And Terminate him xD

For thouse who Don't know him here is MR. GuitarTube:

This post has been edited by ruben_mcn: Jan 17 2011, 03:08 AM

+Quote Post
Sean_1234
Jan 17 2011, 05:37 PM
QUOTE (ruben_mcn @ Jan 17 2011, 03:01 AM) *
I'm Glad too find they are so open too smile.gif from the first time I saw this thread I tougth it would be Closed and Mr.GuitarTube Would Show up at Sean s House And Terminate him xD

For thouse who Don't know him here is MR. GuitarTube:

If that happened, it'd show how over moderated gMC would be. But it didn't happen smile.gif

Kris, are you going to reply to my eralier post? Please?

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 17 2011, 06:25 PM
Instructor
GMC is a very positive community and I think we can all say that the boards here reflect that. smile.gif If anybody ever had / has any issue or problem about anything, then it would make sense to approach Kris or the moderators directly with a p.m. so they can help in any way they can.

If you're really having a problem with something you really should email the person(s) directly so they can help you. Otherwise this thread is in danger of going backwards into a negative vibe again.. we shouldn't all be giving our attention to things that either don't concern us, or are inappropriate to discuss.. we've got loads of guitar to practice after all wink.gif

Some things really should be kept private, so that GMC can remain focused on the reason it's here: guitar.. and the community can remain the positive place it's always been smile.gif

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Jan 17 2011, 06:27 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
If we get any rowing students here, I'm leaving.

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Jan 17 2011, 07:50 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (purple hayes @ Jan 17 2011, 06:27 PM) *
If we get any rowing students here, I'm leaving.

GMC - the place where you learn to play, AND get in shape biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 17 2011, 08:18 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Sollesnes @ Jan 17 2011, 07:50 PM) *
GMC - the place where you learn to play, AND get in shape biggrin.gif

My thoughts exactly laugh.gif

I'm starting to miss the rowing machine and gym very much because of this thread smile.gif))

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Sean_1234
Jan 18 2011, 05:25 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jan 17 2011, 06:25 PM) *
Some things really should be kept private, so that GMC can remain focused on the reason it's here: guitar.. and the community can remain the positive place it's always been smile.gif

This thread is one of 'some things' then? this was removed ;(

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:35 AM