6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Blind Guardian
OrganisedConfusi...
May 15 2008, 10:52 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ May 15 2008, 10:07 AM) *
Changing those 3 or 4 songs is not only to please our fans, it is also to please ourselves wink.gif Playing the very same set for 18 months would be VERY boring afzer a while wink.gif

Do you ever learn new songs to add to the set mid tour? Do you practice as a band when on tour? Or ever add any random covers in the set?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
May 15 2008, 08:11 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
Yes, sometimes we add some more songs in the middle of the tour, specially before festival season starts, so we can play slightly different sets compared to the regular tour shows. But as soon as we started touring we don't rehearse, we do this intensively before we start the tour, so we are well prepared, and once we are on the road we don't really need any rehearsals, the shows are enough wink.gif (and we are lazy rolleyes.gif ) Only during soundchecks we sometimes go through a song in case we didn't play it for some time and plan to add it to the set that night, but even this is rare. We have an awesome crew so we can limit our soundchecks to about 15 minutes, this gives us more time to do sightseeing or to play World of Warcraft tongue.gif Random covers are VERY rare in our shows... actually they almost never happen biggrin.gif We had Barbara Ann in the set in the early years, also our cover of Demons Don't break the circle, but aside from those ones we always preferred to play our own stuff. The only rather spontaneous cover that I can remember now was Trial by fire, back then Skyclad opened up for us and two of the guys were original members of Satan, who wrote that song, so we played it live with them.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Mackietao
May 15 2008, 11:25 PM
nice... smile.gif

Speaking of nothing I´ve been going around screaming (singing) like Hansi for a couple of days. It´s amazing how much power you can get with that kind of singing.... Real funny to do! But it´s hard to sing a long to my BG albums since I don´t not have that kind of register in my voice tongue.gif
When I learned to master it better I´ll make a tribute song to BG biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Keep on rocking! =)

+Quote Post
Canis
May 16 2008, 11:22 AM
Learning Rock Star
Heh, speaking of singing.. I've been singing The Bards Song (my favourite song ever!) over and over again lately, for some reason tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
May 16 2008, 05:05 PM
Just keep singing, you don't need a special reason for this tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guillaume
May 16 2008, 08:09 PM
Especially for The Bard's Song tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Canis
May 16 2008, 09:15 PM
Learning Rock Star
I turture cats with my voice, though tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
May 17 2008, 09:22 PM
Thats another reason to go on singing, maybe you will get better one day tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Canis
Jul 24 2008, 12:06 AM
Learning Rock Star
I know what game I'll be buying tongue.gif

Sacred 2: Fallen Angel
biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:05 PM