My Double Guitar
MattE
Sep 16 2007, 10:42 AM
GMC:er
So for those who saw my post in Muris' section about me building my own double guitar, ignore that
Because I finally broke down and had one custom made
For those who are familiar with Sonny Lombardozzi, this is the exact same model as his
It would have cost me both arms, both legs, a kidney, a heart, and both my lungs to get a replicated MAB guitar laugh.gif

*Edit Note: I have no idea where all that gray mess came from o.o hope it didnt distort the guitar...*

But anyways
I managed to score a pair of MACE String Dampeners from a friend of mine who originally tried to learn to play two guitars at once, but got frustrated and gave up. He pretty much gave me near-new $160 string dampeners biggrin.gif

Overall, this guitar ended up costing me around $5300
It really does pay to save like crazy from age 11 laugh.gif

Although I'm still very inexperienced with my ambidextrous playing, I have managed to synchronize both hands
Next step, harmonized playing happy.gif

Hopefully if I ever get a webcam and some kind of midi equipment, I'll post a video of me playing it sometime

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Sep 16 2007, 10:47 AM
QUOTE (MattE @ Sep 16 2007, 01:42 AM) *
So for those who saw my post in Muris' section about me building my own double guitar, ignore that
For those who are familiar with Sonny Lombardozzi, this is the exact same model as his
It would have cost me both arms, both legs, a kidney, a heart, and both my lungs to get a replicated MAB guitar laugh.gif

*Edit Note: I have no idea where all that gray mess came from o.o hope it didnt distort the guitar...*

But anyways
I managed to score a pair of MACE String Dampeners from a friend of mine who originally tried to learn to play two guitars at once, but got frustrated and gave up. He pretty much gave me near-new $160 string dampeners biggrin.gif

Although I'm still very inexperienced with my ambidextrous playing, I have managed to synchronize both hands

Hopefully if I ever get a webcam and some kind of midi equipment, I'll post a video of me playing it sometime

Wow man Sweet ! ohmy.gif That is one sick guitar and I think eventually when you get the hang of it you should def. post some videos of you playing. The blue is really easy on the eyes but still gives it a nice look .

Overall - VERY NICE ! ( In a borat voice ) biggrin.gif

- John

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Ryan
Sep 16 2007, 11:10 AM
QUOTE (MattE @ Sep 16 2007, 04:42 AM) *

But anyways

It woudl seem pretty hard. I mean just 8 finger tapping is pretty hard for me. But 2 guitars. thats still kind of like just 8 finger tapping right? That woudl be my guess. i suggest you get it down on 1 guitar first, then go to 2 if my guess is right. It may help some!!

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
Robin
Sep 16 2007, 08:57 PM
Pretty cool!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Sep 16 2007, 09:07 PM
Instructor
Looks great!!:)
Post some videos for sure cool.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
MattE
Sep 17 2007, 04:43 AM
Thanks everybody!

@Eat-Sleep-AndJam: As soon as I get a webcam and some decent recording equipment I'll post something to demonstrate how it plays biggrin.gif
I'm putting together a few riffs right now
Just need to get the equipment laugh.gif

@Ryan: It is a definite challenge! But thanks to the MACE string dampeners it actually sounds good when I play, instead of the presence of all the horrible feedback I get when I legato both necks biggrin.gif

So minus the demo video, would you all like to give me some style ideas?
I'm thinking of making a video in the style of Michael Angelo Batio, since he's the reason why I'm learning to play this beast, but nowhere near as fast laugh.gif

This post has been edited by MattE: Sep 17 2007, 04:44 AM

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Sep 17 2007, 07:00 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Cool guitar Matt but how heavy is that beast? I have enough problems standing under the weight of a LP single neck - you'll have shoulders bigger than Arnie tongue.gif .

Seriously though - looks cool and if you can get the two handed bit down then awesome.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Sep 17 2007, 08:42 AM
Nice guitar'
I see you said the mab model would have cost more but them you say you payed $5300.00 for this one huh.gif .So how much is the actual mab model?I mean man thats alot already for a guitar i cant see how the mab model would cost $10,000.00 or something that just sounds crazy.

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
MattE
Sep 17 2007, 10:45 AM
@tonymiro: It's actually not all that heavy. My Ibanez ARX320 is slightly lighter than the double, and that thing is a beast laugh.gif
But I wouldnt be surprised if my neck got pretty big, the strap I have is a neck strap. Yes, I'm practicing the "flip the guitar upside down" trick MAB does happy.gif

@shredmandan: It really depended on which MAB model you're talking about. To my knowledge, MAB had three different double guitars. The one I first saw him play, the Top Gun designed one, was at least double what mine cost, if I remeber correctly. I wanted to get the one that looked like a circuit board that I saw in a preview for Speed Kills, but that would have cost me at least 2.5x this one, simply because of the custom body and paint jobs.
It's so expensive to get a custom guitar made for you, especially one as wild as a double guitar T_T

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Sep 19 2007, 12:53 PM
the guitar looks awesome man!! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Soul_Decision
Sep 19 2007, 01:24 PM
Nice looking guitar.

--------------------
Push through all barriers.......Never self-limit.........Because there is none

+Quote Post
RobM
Sep 20 2007, 12:56 AM
That thing looks awesome, how hard is it to get your fingers working on both guitars? I saw the youtube links of Michael Angelo Batio that were posted here a little while ago, that guy is incredible. Good luck with your endeavor to master your double.

--------------------
You wish.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Sep 20 2007, 01:11 AM
Instructor
Does Sonny Lombardozzi use Dean double-axe? He had some strange looking double-axe...i'm not sure it was Dean!

Btw. i first took it as a joke. Where did you manage to get that guitar? It's MAB's old double-axe!!!!

This post has been edited by Pavel: Sep 20 2007, 01:17 AM

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

+Quote Post
Owen
Sep 20 2007, 07:19 AM
So does it disconnect for use as two singular guitars at all? is it possible ? tongue.gif

That would be cool.

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Sep 20 2007, 08:41 AM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Sep 19 2007, 06:11 PM) *
Does Sonny Lombardozzi use Dean double-axe? He had some strange looking double-axe...i'm not sure it was Dean!
Btw. i first took it as a joke. Where did you manage to get that guitar? It's MAB's old double-axe!!!!

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif yeah its identical!!!! ohmy.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Pavel
Sep 20 2007, 08:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Owen @ Sep 20 2007, 08:19 AM) *
So does it disconnect for use as two singular guitars at all? is it possible ? tongue.gif

That would be cool.

Yes! You can use them as separate guitars! smile.gif but than you'll still have 1 right-handed and 1 left-handed guitar!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Sep 20 2007, 09:32 PM
Instructor
OMG !!! And can you play with both necks ???? tongue.gif

Incredible guitar !!

+Quote Post
MattE
Sep 24 2007, 04:08 AM
Tragedy has struck...

I was forced to sell the guitar....

How sad it is that one must give up such a beauty because of financial responsibilities

So basically, I get the guitar of my dreams, I start practicing with it
And a week later, I'm forced to sell it

Talk about mood killer T_T

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Sep 24 2007, 04:14 AM
QUOTE (MattE @ Sep 23 2007, 10:08 PM) *
Tragedy has struck...

How sad it is that one must give up such a beauty because of financial responsibilities

Why?

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Sep 24 2007, 04:54 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (MattE @ Sep 23 2007, 09:08 PM) *
Tragedy has struck...

Really, really sorry to hear that Matt ohmy.gif sad.gif .

Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:58 PM