2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Addicted To Walk-throughs !
Ben Higgins
Jun 25 2012, 04:19 PM
Instructor
I've been watching a lot of the videos from this guy for Silent Hill : Downpour. It's my kinda way of playing the game seeing as I don't have the console for it laugh.gif

Do you guys ever watch walk-throughs / play-throughs to get your fix of a certain game that you don't have ?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 25 2012, 04:25 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 25 2012, 03:19 PM) *
Do you guys ever watch walk-throughs / play-throughs to get your fix of a certain game that you don't have ?

Hahaha hell yea biggrin.gif My mac is not new enough to have the requirements for the last Diablo 3 game. I watched some insane dudes live streaming it. They were professional gamers who actually earn money by playing video games.. These guys finished the game in all difficulty levels possible in like one week ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 25 2012, 04:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Jun 25 2012, 04:25 PM) *
They were professional gamers who actually earn money by playing video games..

laugh.gif

That job must be a drag dry.gif

biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 25 2012, 05:14 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 25 2012, 12:19 PM) *
I've been watching a lot of the videos from this guy for Silent Hill : Downpour. It's my kinda way of playing the game seeing as I don't have the console for it laugh.gif

hahaha I don't use to do it but it's a good idea to know what we are missing... I only played once to Silent hill and I found it a bit slow.. but maybe it's because I don't know how to play it well! tongue.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 25 2012, 05:20 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I only used such a video two or three times when I was stuck at Zelda Skyward Sword. I like watching the video sequences though that some guys put up, like the ones from Diablo 2.

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 25 2012, 06:26 PM
Instructor
I keep hearing about this Diablo game.. what the hell is it ? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 25 2012, 06:34 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 25 2012, 05:26 PM) *
I keep hearing about this Diablo game.. what the hell is it ? laugh.gif

It is pretty good Ben smile.gif you should check it out .. It is hack and slash kind of game smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 25 2012, 06:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Jun 25 2012, 06:34 PM) *
It is hack and slash kind of game smile.gif

Well, those are 2 things I like doing biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jun 25 2012, 09:51 PM
Learning Roadie
I only use videos for walkthroughs on games I have that I can't get through. Golden Sun is my childhood favorite game. There are actually three games out right now. But the first two for GameBoy Advance is my favorites. But I always used a text walkthrough.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 25 2012, 10:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (thefireball @ Jun 25 2012, 09:51 PM) *
But I always used a text walkthrough.

I also use text walk throughs for when I'm having trouble with a game

But I'm watching this Silent Hill thing for pure entertainment ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 25 2012, 10:33 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I'm way too stubborn to use a walkthrough. Especially considering the amount of RPG's I play. I mean, playing Skyrim with a walkthrough is like visiting Europe for the sights, but flying everywhere, you dont get the full experience.

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jun 25 2012, 10:42 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 25 2012, 04:28 PM) *

Yeah, I have never done that before...

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Jun 25 2012, 11:05 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 25 2012, 05:28 PM) *
I also use text walk throughs for when I'm having trouble with a game

I watch a lot of older games from my childhood that way. I let someone else have the rage as I just enjoy old memories.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 26 2012, 03:38 AM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 25 2012, 11:19 AM) *

They make great watching while I'm working on scale practice and such. Often more entertaining than movies/tv and far fewer commercials smile.gif My xbox cd drive finally died so I"m done with gamefly.com for a while. Videos are far cheaper and quicker smile.gif

+Quote Post
spacebran
Jun 26 2012, 06:53 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
haha I watch playthroughs of games I used to play. I never watch them to help me with a game though... If I'm ever truly stuck, I'll get a hint off gamefaqs. I work better with distractions so when I was in university doing homework or studying, I would either put on a movie for background noise or a playthrough of a game, without commentary. One of my favorite games to watch is Earthbound because I absolutely love the sound and music in that game. It also gives me major nostalgia.

And Ben, Diablo is an amazing series. My favorite is Diablo 2 for sure. I recently played Diablo 3 but got bored because the 'end game' doesn't have much of a point. The gameplay is amazing though. In Diablo 2 it always felt like there was something to achieve.

Plus, Diablo 1 and 2 are a lot more gothic biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Pourliver
Jun 26 2012, 07:12 AM
Yea, Diablo 1-2 were / are awesome, Diablo 2 is far better than Diablo 3, but if you never played Diablo 2, you might like the game. smile.gif

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Jun 26 2012, 07:47 AM
Tone Seeker
I have never looked walk through video but like Brandon I have looked those text walk throughs. Usually I can complete my games without looking answer but sometimes there's a part where I need little help. But most new games are so easy and basically you are pushed to right direction.

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jun 25 2012, 07:20 PM) *
I only used such a video two or three times when I was stuck at Zelda Skyward Sword. I

Is the new Zelda good ? I really need to get that Nintendo console back. And SMG 2 tongue.gif

This post has been edited by WeePee: Jun 26 2012, 07:49 AM

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 26 2012, 08:27 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (spacebran @ Jun 26 2012, 06:53 AM) *
And Ben, Diablo is an amazing series. My favorite is Diablo 2 for sure. I recently played Diablo 3 but got bored because the 'end game' doesn't have much of a point. The gameplay is amazing though. In Diablo 2 it always felt like there was something to achieve.

Plus, Diablo 1 and 2 are a lot more gothic biggrin.gif

I'll have to check them out wink.gif

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 26 2012, 08:30 AM
I watched the playthrough of God of War III because I dont have a console for it sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 26 2012, 08:34 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jun 26 2012, 08:30 AM) *
I watched the playthrough of God of War III because I dont have a console for it sad.gif

Yep, that's why I like watching these things because I can't play them ! dry.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:15 PM