What Camera/webcam Do You Use To Record Sessions?
JohnMathew
Oct 14 2015, 08:27 PM
GMC:er
Hi,

First of all I would like to apologize if this is not the correct subforum to post this question but it was the most suitable in my opinion.

So, I need to start recording videos but don't know what to buy to do it. Have been checking some web cams like the Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 but don't know if it gives good results I have heard about problems dropping frames, etc...

Could anyone post what gear do you use for recording video? I would really appreciate it.

Cheers.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Oct 14 2015, 08:51 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi

i use a logitech HD C920 and a noname 1080Hd laptop cam as headstock one,i record with moviemaker and no dropframe noticed.
my pc config is a bit huge , but on classic pc it may work really fine !

Laurent

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Oct 14 2015, 11:55 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I use a Nikon D7100 to film my REC takes. I place a Zoom H2 in front of a practice amp and connect it directly to the camera. Needless to say, the audio quality is shit. But I do get to record the audio directly to the video, which saves a lot of time. I do plan on using amp modeling sims to get a better sound.

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 14 2015, 11:58 PM
As your new to all of this, the C9920 is probably a really good way to get going smile.gif It's got a good quality picture and won't break the bank. There are tons of options of course. But you can learn more as you go. You'll probably upgrade at some point, just like with guitars, cameras get better each time you learn more and buy new ones smile.gif I use a Canon HDV Camcorder connected with Firewire to my computer for my web cam. That way I have a remote control that I can use to zoom in.

For students this is complete overkill. Just a simple usb webcam will do ya fine smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (JohnMathew @ Oct 14 2015, 03:27 PM) *
Hi,

First of all I would like to apologize if this is not the correct subforum to post this question but it was the most suitable in my opinion.

So, I need to start recording videos but don't know what to buy to do it. Have been checking some web cams like the Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 but don't know if it gives good results I have heard about problems dropping frames, etc...

Could anyone post what gear do you use for recording video? I would really appreciate it.

Cheers.

+Quote Post
JohnMathew
Oct 15 2015, 01:28 PM
Thanks a lot for your answers.

I think I'm going for a Webcam C920.

Cheers!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:50 AM