2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Tell Us What You Like About Your Playing
purple hayes
Mar 30 2010, 02:33 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
We're usually pretty hard on ourselves when it comes to our playing abilities, but surely we must to doing something we like hearing to keep pushing on. So, tell us what you like about your guitar skills.

I'll go: I think I'm fairly versatile, I can do rock, metal, (some) blues, country and jazz. And sometimes, I'll record a video for YouTube that I like.

Now you go!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Mar 30 2010, 04:35 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Very nice thread. Adding to what you have already says , we are always looking for comments from other people , but as in life it is very important to speak to ourself in a god way.

I like my vibrato, also the way I introduce bends into my solos. Also i really like the way I introduce extended chords in rock songs. I love the way I improvise and create songs out of a simple drum beat and I think thats my biggest virtue in music and guitar playing.

Thanks for creating this thread and I would love to read a lot of nice posts.

I forgot to add , that I like a lot my tone.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by coffeeman: Mar 30 2010, 04:45 PM

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Mar 30 2010, 05:50 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I like the way I play the typical Status Quo rhythm.

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Darknodar123
Mar 30 2010, 05:53 PM
GMC:er
Great thread smile.gif Let me share my thoughts...

I dont like anything about my playing sad.gif Especially alternate picking biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Mar 30 2010, 06:06 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Darknodar123 @ Mar 30 2010, 11:53 AM) *
Great thread smile.gif Let me share my thoughts...

I dont like anything about my playing sad.gif Especially alternate picking biggrin.gif

If you don't like it , why do you do it? (friendly tone smile.gif )

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Darknodar123
Mar 30 2010, 06:10 PM
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Mar 30 2010, 08:06 PM) *
If you don't like it , why do you do it? (friendly tone smile.gif )

You mean why play guitar?

I want to improve myself so I will like everything about my playing smile.gif

If that wasnt your question please explain further smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
chaostar
Mar 30 2010, 06:15 PM
I don't but that's what gives me motivation.

--------------------
Electric
Fender Stratocaster self scalloped and personalized
Ibanez SA currently scalloping
Gibson Les Paul 1981 Original
Gibson Les Paul 1989

Acoustic
Fender Del Mar

Amps and Electronics
Line Six Spider III 15w
Soldano 100w Cabinet
Vox Head
Vox Multi-effect

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Mar 30 2010, 06:17 PM
Learning Tone Master
I like that I keep improving steadily. I got a good vibrato and strong bends and I can play some serious shred and heavy an thight metal rythms!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Mar 30 2010, 06:17 PM
Learning Tone Master
I like my improvisation smile.gif

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Mar 30 2010, 06:18 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Darknodar123 @ Mar 30 2010, 12:10 PM) *
You mean why play guitar?

I want to improve myself so I will like everything about my playing smile.gif

If that wasnt your question please explain further smile.gif

From my point of view and of course is not an absolute truth, the way I see it is to like everything you do in life today, if you are always doing something to like it in the future it will always be that way, you will always want something else , and you will feel frustrated. That doesn't mean that I don't want to improve my playing , of course I want, but I love playing guitar and making music today, right now, at this very moment, life is today not tomorrow, and if I like how I play today i'm pretty sure that tomorrow I will like my playing tomorrow tooand I'll be a better player too.

just my thought. wink.gif

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Darknodar123
Mar 30 2010, 06:27 PM
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Mar 30 2010, 08:18 PM) *
From my point of view and of course is not an absolute truth, the way I see it is to like everything you do in life today, if you are always doing something to like it in the future it will always be that way, you will always want something else , and you will feel frustrated. That doesn't mean that I don't want to improve my playing , of course I want, but I love playing guitar and making music today, right now, at this very moment, life is today not tomorrow, and if I like how I play today i'm pretty sure that tomorrow I will like my playing tomorrow tooand I'll be a better player too.

just my thought. wink.gif

Of course your point is good but Im relatively a beginner so I dont have good techniques.Furthermore I havent even tried some laugh.gif
But I was just stating the obvious.Right now I really dont like my playing and want to improve it smile.gif You may be an advanced player and your today is impovising and covering but my today is practicing to be a better player smile.gif

Generally put, I pretty much agree with you but in my case you have to see the obvious and face it smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Mar 30 2010, 06:31 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Darknodar123 @ Mar 30 2010, 12:27 PM) *
Of course your point is good but Im relatively a beginner so I dont have good techniques.Furthermore I havent even tried some laugh.gif
But I was just stating the obvious.Right now I really dont like my playing and want to improve it smile.gif You may be an advanced player and your today is impovising and covering but my today is practicing to be a better player smile.gif

Generally put, I pretty much agree with you but in my case you have to see the obvious and face it smile.gif

Im a beginner too. I like your motivation, and I would say you love to practice , thats what you like about your playing , practicing. smile.gif

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Mar 30 2010, 06:31 PM
I like my phrasing, rhythm, finger tone.

I sometimes like my vibrato but even when it seems "okay" there's something that's not right about it... sometimes.

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Mar 30 2010, 06:36 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I like my desire to be better.

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
Darknodar123
Mar 30 2010, 06:38 PM
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Mar 30 2010, 08:31 PM) *
Im a beginner too. I like your motivation, and I would say you love to practice , thats what you like about your playing , practicing. smile.gif

Yeah smile.gif

Thats what Im best at biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Mar 30 2010, 06:38 PM
QUOTE (NoSkill @ Mar 30 2010, 12:36 PM) *
I like my desire to be better.

I like your sustain, your riffing, and your determination to complain even when things are going well.

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 30 2010, 07:03 PM
Instructor
I like only when I'm seeing there is improvement, there is never enough technique, smallest details are very important. When I hear those small details click into place, that makes all the effort worth it.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
thefireball
Mar 30 2010, 07:29 PM
Learning Roadie
I just love making music with an instrument. It's fun to manipulate the instrument into doing what you desire. I don't like bragging on myself, but I think I've come a long way since I started back on Oct 29, 2008. I'm still a beginner and learning all the things I desire to learn. I teach myself, and I guess not that bad of a job doing so. I love it when i make an improvement. Since I play guitar, playing Guitar Hero is a joke to me. biggrin.gif wink.gif

With all of this said, I give all the credit to God. smile.gif

+Quote Post
JamesT
Mar 30 2010, 09:03 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
I just have always liked the way the guitar sounds. Powerful and huge. As an instrument, it's also very expressive. I guess I like stringed instruments in general cause your fingers and hands have such a direct role in the tone, the sound, and the expression.

Not sure I can say I'm really outstanding at any particular technique, but maybe my strengths are that I can do a lot of things moderately well on guitar, rhythm, solos, a bit of classical, acoustic blues, and rock. I like using different tones and finding out how to make the playing "fit" the amp. I find that there is no perfect tone that's derrived directly exclusively from the guitar or the settings on your amp, but instead, there a way to make what you've got sound "perfect" if only to your own ears. You can start with a total grungy sound, say a Fender Champ cranked to 10, which sounds pretty muddy, but then after a while of playing, you can get the feel for that sound and begin to produce something cool with it. This applies to tones that are inherently good too, but still your ears, and fingers have to "find their way" on even the best of "presets". Always in search of cool tones.

Hmmm, what else is good? ... I remember playing so loud once that when my dad came home from work he had to flash the lights on and off in my room to get my attention to stop playing. I remember the first time I played in front of an audience. We were warming up on "Livin after Midnight" as they were opening the doors, and the crowd walked in. Everyone was fighting to get the best seat possible. That was a really cool feeling, being well received by your audience. I remember all the concerts, one in particular was Lynyrd Skynyrd after Ronnie Van Zant had died in the plane crash, and they played Freebird but did not sing the words. Instead, they put Ronnies hat on the lead microphone stand and just did an instrumental. And then all the other concerts, Van Halen, Triumph, Nightranger, Def Leppard, Robert Plant, The Firm, Bon Jovi, Foghat, Styx, Metallica, Foreigner, ZZ Top, Eagles, many more. It's all good. Guitar is so cool.

Part of what makes me still play though is the sheer challenge. There is no end to getting better. There are no limits on how to improve.

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Mar 30 2010, 11:06 PM
Learning Roadie
Don´t like anything wacko.gif I´m never satisfied w/ my playn ..

This post has been edited by ruben_mcn: Mar 30 2010, 11:06 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:29 PM