Practicing Electric Guit Stuff On Acoustic Guitar, How many of You do this?
Darius Wave
Oct 9 2013, 08:21 PM
Instructor
Hello!

I was just wondering how many of You guys practice Your shred stuff on the acoustic guitar (I mean with usuall acoustic guitar set-uo like 12 gauge and higher strings action). When I was a kid I didn't own an electric guitar and I had to practice my favorite Gilbert's lick on the classical and acoustic. I found that when I master those and the two mentioned, then playing on the electric with regular 10's it's like a piece of cake.

It doesn't work opposite. How many of You try to improve their practice by taking no-compromise acoustic guitar for it?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 10 2013, 08:45 AM
Instructor
I did it a long time ago when I was very much into Al di Meola stuff, but for me the acoustic guitar has another calling these days - rhythm, formulas and chordal play mainly. But hell yes, you are right mate biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Oct 10 2013, 01:45 PM
Instructor
I found it more than usefull smile.gif And nope...it's not for making shred acoustic playing.. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Oct 10 2013, 01:47 PM
GMC:er
I play my acoustic a lot, it's my main tool while teaching because the back of it makes such a good writing table biggrin.gif

--------------------
When your fingers bleed you're getting somewhere

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Oct 10 2013, 03:22 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Patrik Berg @ Oct 10 2013, 12:47 PM) *
I play my acoustic a lot, it's my main tool while teaching because the back of it makes such a good writing table biggrin.gif

ha ha biggrin.gif Didn't consider this smile.gif It usually makes me mad when I mute the back of the guitar while holding it on the strap. Difference in tone is very visible tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 11 2013, 08:05 AM
Instructor
Good call Darius - I never actually played with the acoustic guitar on a strap - can you believe that? How does it affect the tone?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:37 PM