What Is Sus2 Chord?
dcz702
May 13 2013, 08:15 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
hi i this is probably in the theory board somewhere, but what is a sus2 chord. im on a lesson with this chord alot. i know theres differnet suspended chords. whats the story with them, theory behind it?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
The Professor
May 13 2013, 08:18 AM
Theory Instructor
QUOTE (dcz702 @ May 13 2013, 08:15 AM) *
hi i this is probably in the theory board somewhere, but what is a sus2 chord. im on a lesson with this chord alot. i know theres differnet suspended chords. whats the story with them, theory behind it?

Hey

that lesson is coming up this week, we've looking at 7sus2 chords which you can see here, https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=48833, so to build a Sus2 chord you just use the first 3 notes of any of those chords, 1-2-5, taking out the 7th from that lesson.

Basically, a sus2 chord is on where you take the normal triad, 1-3-5, and you replace the 3rd with the 2nd note, so you get 1-2-5.

If you had C, C-E-G, and you replace E with D, you get C-D-G a Csus2 chord.

Hope that helps!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ask me anything on the theory board. Follow my theory course. Check out my personal site

+Quote Post
dcz702
May 13 2013, 08:27 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (The Professor @ May 13 2013, 07:18 AM) *
Hey

that lesson is coming up this week, we've looking at 7sus2 chords which you can see here, https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=48833, so to build a Sus2 chord you just use the first 3 notes of any of those chords, 1-2-5, taking out the 7th from that lesson.

Basically, a sus2 chord is on where you take the normal triad, 1-3-5, and you replace the 3rd with the 2nd note, so you get 1-2-5.

If you had C, C-E-G, and you replace E with D, you get C-D-G a Csus2 chord.

Hope that helps!

thank you. trying to spend more time on theory. smile.gif

+Quote Post
The Professor
May 13 2013, 08:28 AM
Theory Instructor
QUOTE (dcz702 @ May 13 2013, 08:27 AM) *
thank you. trying to spend more time on theory. smile.gif

No problem, not a bad way to spend your time! smile.gif

--------------------
Ask me anything on the theory board. Follow my theory course. Check out my personal site

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:13 PM