3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Ibanez Rg350mdx
The Uncreator
Jun 11 2007, 02:52 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Wiki link

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MickeM: Jul 31 2008, 09:47 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 11 2007, 03:11 AM
Moderation Policy Director
Nice - I'm itching to pick up an Ibanez of one sort or another, really like the idea of a Jem, but ...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
stratman33
Jun 11 2007, 03:31 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jun 10 2007, 09:52 PM) *
I've noticed that when alot of people make a thread about wanting to buy a new guitar, the Ibanez RG Series is brought up, and actually this specific model as well. so here is a in-depth review of it, as opposed to me just saying "I love it so much", here is why....

Weapon: Electric Guitar
Make: Ibanez
Model: RG350DX / RG350MDX
Playing Style: Metal, Blues, Rock N' Roll, Classical
Price: $399-$499 (varies on where you buy it)
Sound: Well lets just say this guitar is a VERY versatile piece of machinery, With the standard Infinity S3 and S4's in it, i can get a very Bluesy sound, a great Metal sound for sick ass riffage, an EXCELLENT clean tone, and anything else you can think of this guitar can do it. It works well with any amps, ive used it on Marshall's, Hartke's, Crate's, Fender's, and Line 6 Amps and it sounds great on all of them, it even works well with low tunings, the lowest ive gone one it is B Standard, and it still sounds Godly. If you like a guitar that can give you a wide variety of tones, and do an excellent job on all of them, here it is baby smile.gif

Feel: Great Great Great!!! i love the way this feels, it has a very fast neck and superb fret access, when i bought this guitar i was actually looking for the JEM 7VH, But since my local music store hasnt had one in 2 years, i picked this baby up, and WOW, i was like "man this is $1000 less and it feels just as great!!" , to me it feels and plays like the "Affordable JEM". I also love this guitar so much because it doesnt require those abstract alien like movements ive had to make to sweep on some other guitars, its very comfortable for all techniques, legato, tapping, sweeping, and 8 Finger Tapping as well.

Overall Impression: A Superb and affordable weapon that will give you what you need and never fail, from Metal Riffage to a down to earth clean and bluesy tone, this baby will give it to you, plus it looks beautiful.

Alternative Weapon: Actually i have yet to find a guitar in this price range that is even close to this, this guitar for me was an alternative to the JEM, And although ive probably only had about 5 hours behind a JEM, I find this guitar to suit me just as well, but if you can afford the JEM , Get it! smile.gif

Hopefully this gives you a bit more insight into the RG Series!

Thats the exact guitar im looking at getting! Great in-depth review.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 11 2007, 03:48 AM
Glad you like it! its a great guitar and well worth the buy!

Hope the review helped!

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jun 11 2007, 09:45 AM
This was actually one of my choices when I was buying a guitar. It was either this or fender 60th anniversarry. Well I loved both but I have to go for the twangs of the fenders. I might get this one as a next weapon.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 11 2007, 11:12 PM
Its is indeed a worthy weapon, its about a universe of difference between the fenders though! (atleast to me) smile.gif

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 13 2007, 07:15 AM
Uncreator, i am planing to buy an ibanez RG370DXGP1 which i think is the same as these ones you mentioned, ive never had an ibanez before so i wanted you to check it out and tell me what you think about it.

Here is the link: http://www.ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=RG370DXGP1

I still dont think im getting it soon, Probably until my birthday which is like 3 months sad.gif or maybe on christmas sad.gifsad.gif.

But anyways, please check it out and tell me what you think. Thanks

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 13 2007, 03:54 PM
Yes its the same, same neck, body, pickups, bridge, and frets and fretboard.

The only difference is the paintjob, they should play EXACTLY the same. smile.gif

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 13 2007, 07:29 PM
ok. thanks alot man.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sb81
Jun 13 2007, 08:46 PM
I love my RG350... got an "exclusive" model from Music123 black with a black pickguard. Neck is very flat, very easy to do barre cords on.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 13 2007, 10:54 PM
Yeah, isnt the black with black pickguard limited to only like few hundered models?

Either way i know it isnt even sold anymore, so hold on to it!

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Jun 13 2007, 10:54 PM

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 14 2007, 05:39 AM
what about the bridge of the guitar? can you tell me more about it please. thanks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 15 2007, 05:28 PM
I know some people really dont like the Edge Pro III, But the only downside is that you have to cut the ball end off of the string when you put new ones on, and every oncein awhile it MIGHT slip out, i say for me it happens...i dont know, once a year maybe.

Other than that, it works and performs great, almost no pressure is needed to Dive or do any other tricks with it, and it keeps your strings in tune for along time. Sure, its not as good as the EDGE Pro, the only difference bewteen those two is string changing (Having to cut the ball end off...)

I rate the bridge a 99.9%, the other 0.01% is that one time when the string slid out, all i had to was put it back in, tighten it a bit more than the last, and WA-LAH!! Hasnt done it since then, one year ago. smile.gif

+Quote Post
sb81
Jun 15 2007, 06:08 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jun 13 2007, 10:54 PM) *
Yeah, isnt the black with black pickguard limited to only like few hundered models?

Either way i know it isnt even sold anymore, so hold on to it!

Not sure how many were made, but I bought it at music123.com... it was on a closeout so I got it for $270 to boot tongue.gif

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 15 2007, 06:51 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jun 15 2007, 10:28 AM) *
I know some people really dont like the Edge Pro III, But the only downside is that you have to cut the ball end off of the string when you put new ones on, and every oncein awhile it MIGHT slip out, i say for me it happens...i dont know, once a year maybe.

Other than that, it works and performs great, almost no pressure is needed to Dive or do any other tricks with it, and it keeps your strings in tune for along time. Sure, its not as good as the EDGE Pro, the only difference bewteen those two is string changing (Having to cut the ball end off...)

I rate the bridge a 99.9%, the other 0.01% is that one time when the string slid out, all i had to was put it back in, tighten it a bit more than the last, and WA-LAH!! Hasnt done it since then, one year ago. smile.gif

and is it quick to put the string again? would it take alot of time to put it back if the string slides during a gig? unsure.gif mellow.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 17 2007, 02:19 AM
Once you get string changin down, once youve developed a routine that works for you, it doesn take long. A complete restring and retuning takes me about 15 minutes, although my uncle can do his in like 5 minutes.

If only one string breaks, it takes about 1 minute to change it, assuming you have spares on hand, since the strings are held in tune by a balance between bridge and string tension, when one breaks it will cause the rest of the strings to be raised in pitch, and its only noticaebale if the Low E Breaks really, sa when you replace the string, you might have to lower the pitch with the fine tuners on the bridge, takes about 20 seconds to do.

Hoep this helps smile.gif

+Quote Post
JOhn
Jun 17 2007, 02:29 AM
iv been thinking about getting this guitar as my seconds, would it be worth it?

--------------------
The only man it's OK to love is Paul Gilbert.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 17 2007, 02:48 AM
I would say so, and i would second, thrid, fourth, and fifth it as well.

It plays as good as any prestige ive played, at half the price. the RG350 could be sold for $1500 and i would still buy it.

+Quote Post
lespaulrocker
Jun 17 2007, 05:29 AM
the uncreator is right i have this guitar and i love it

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 17 2007, 05:30 AM
Thats right smile.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:44 AM