Kris - Metronome, Is your metronome plugged into your amp?
warchild
May 16 2007, 08:42 PM
GMC:er
Kris in your metrnome lesson you appear to have your Korg MA 30 plugged in to your amp?

How have you done this?

Is it only some metronomes you can do this with? I have a Boss TU 80 and it doesn't have the function! I would gladly buy the same metronome as you if you can confirm that I will be able to connect to the amp?!

Look forward to seeing your reply!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 16 2007, 08:53 PM
GMC Founder
Hey Warchild,

I plugged the metronome into the mixerboard (if you don't have one you could just plug it into the back of your stereo).

If your metronome has a "headphone" jack you should be able to do the same thing - with the apropriate cable! smile.gif

kris

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kaneda
May 16 2007, 09:03 PM
Other side of the coin
QUOTE (warchild @ May 16 2007, 09:42 PM) *
Kris in your metrnome lesson you appear to have your Korg MA 30 plugged in to your amp?

How have you done this?

Is it only some metronomes you can do this with? I have a Boss TU 80 and it doesn't have the function! I would gladly buy the same metronome as you if you can confirm that I will be able to connect to the amp?!

Look forward to seeing your reply!!

Hi again warchild. I'm not Kris wink.gif, but I'll try to reply anyway. I'd say the Boss TU 80's features are pretty badly specified since, as you probably did, I'd assume from their "Output Jack" in the specifications, that it would output the metronome audio, rather than just be a "through-put".

Anyway, many metronomes (all of Boss' DB line metronomes, I think - at least DB-30, DB-60 and DB-90) have a Headphone out, which can mostly (I'd pretty much say "always") be connected to a line-in on an amp - you just have to adjust the volume on the device to get the best sound (if sound quality is a necessity for a "beep" or "click" wink.gif).

A headphone out, contrary to a line out, does amplify the sound (for the headphones) but not above what a line out can take. Notice how, for example, iPods can be connected directly through their headphone outs to the line-in on a stereo, although with some quality loss - I know many who can't tell the difference, though).

Also note that while you can connect headphone-out to line-in, you should NEVER connect line-out from anything to a pair of headphones (i.e., the opposite) - that may damage the headphones.

EDIT: Man, I'm always a step behind wink.gif

This post has been edited by Kaneda: May 16 2007, 09:04 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 09:47 PM