Any Tips On How To Make Drums?
Thunder9513
Mar 10 2009, 07:29 AM
GMC:er
Hey,

I'm looking for some programs to make backing tracks the way the instructors do here. Any softwares, suggestions help will be much apreciated. If you recomend a program that makes drums please tell me how you would make it with that particular program, like with a keyboard or what not.

Thanks!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Mar 10 2009, 07:54 AM
Instructor
well, what the most use is a recording program with midi like Nuendo, Cubase, Sonar... and just write a midi drum line. then you add a Vst instrument like, EZDRUMMER or edirol hiper cambas, and assing the out of the midi line to assigned vst.
that´s all.
I can help you, just tell me which programs you can get.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 10 2009, 08:45 AM
Instructor
With EZdrummer you have some loops ready to go, just drag and drop to the project. I don't do it that way, I usually draw notes (midi events) my self and assign some drum sounds from a plugin like Bandstand or Hypersonic. If you have keyboard you can record midi events with it instead of drawing it manualy with the mouse.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Mar 10 2009, 10:31 AM
Instructor
Yes, EZ or Addictive drums (my favorite),drag & drop system ! For bass line you should try Virtual bassist or Liquid Bass, both with some loops ready for instant demo . Now, for a seriously recording you must heat a seat smile.gif which means -draw manually or play each note on keyboard..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 10 2009, 01:41 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I use Ezdrummer and sometimes Addictive drums..They are VSTs.You need to make a midi track in your recording software (Reaper is free one) and assign it to be played through one of these two VST drums.Alternatively you can drag and drop premade drum grooves from EZdrummers or Addictive drums library directly into a midi track..

Good thing is that you can try these software for free...

Reaper recording software free - http://www.reaper.fm/download.php

Addictive drums demo version - http://www.xlnaudio.com/?page=downloads&am...age=demoversion

Hope this helps!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Mar 10 2009, 02:39 PM
Instructor
I do recommend that you also get a midi controller.
It will be easier to write your drum patterns and other instruments as well.
You can also go the cheaper route and use soundfont vst.
A soundfont is a sample format that offers tons of free samples.
Just type in "free soundfont vst" in google and you will get lost of results.
I use soundfonts often too.

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Thunder9513
Mar 10 2009, 06:11 PM
QUOTE (Lian Gerbino @ Mar 9 2009, 10:54 PM) *
well, what the most use is a recording program with midi like Nuendo, Cubase, Sonar... and just write a midi drum line. then you add a Vst instrument like, EZDRUMMER or edirol hiper cambas, and assing the out of the midi line to assigned vst.
that´s all.
I can help you, just tell me which programs you can get.

thanks for the reply, I have cubase and some other softwares that open VST plug ins.

So should I buy EZdrummer?

Is it easy to use without a keyboard?

Thanks!

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Mar 10 2009, 06:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Thunder9513 @ Mar 10 2009, 06:11 PM) *
thanks for the reply, I have cubase and some other softwares that open VST plug ins.

Thanks!

I've never used a keyboard for drums. To me that doesnt make any sense at all.
I plot every beat/note manually with the mouse.
But this varies from person to person, some like playing the beats on the keyboard first.
Midikeyboards can be relly cheap though. Behringer has some models for around 40-50£.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 10 2009, 08:03 PM
QUOTE (Thunder9513 @ Mar 10 2009, 06:11 PM) *

Thanks!

Yeah , Ezdrummer is a safe and high quality option...Its easy to use because it has tons of library grooves included, and once you get into it you will learn how to input your own grooves in midi via mouse...You don't need keyboard for that...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 11 2009, 02:44 AM
Instructor
My vote for EZ Drummer - it's a safe bet. It comes with premade grooves so you can drag&drop them on the MIDI track with no need to draw anything. You can always modify those grooves, make your own ones or import external MIDI files if you want.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
OzRob
Sep 21 2010, 12:59 AM
Seemed like the best place to put this...

600 free midi loops in a range of formats including Battery, Steven Slate Drums, Superior, Reason, FL Studio and more.

http://www.groovemonkee.com/en/samples

This post has been edited by OzRob: Sep 21 2010, 01:45 AM

--------------------
------------------------
My website (Flash) My other website (non-Flash)
------------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 21 2010, 01:29 AM
QUOTE (OzRob @ Sep 21 2010, 01:59 AM) *
Seemed like the best place to put this...

600 free loops in a range of formats including Battery, Steven Slate Drums, Superior, Reason, FL Studio and more.

http://www.groovemonkee.com/en/samples

Thanks a lot man! I was just looking for something like this to expand grooves library of my ez drummer.

--------------------

+Quote Post
OzRob
Sep 21 2010, 01:42 AM
You're welcome. smile.gif

--------------------
------------------------
My website (Flash) My other website (non-Flash)
------------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:57 AM