Perfect Pitch Product, anybody use it?
FrankW
May 12 2008, 10:14 PM
GMC:er
I'm curious about the Perfect Pitch ad I see in Guitar Player magazine all the time. It's the two full page spread that I've seen for years. I was wondering if anyone has any experience or has heard anything about this product. Thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
May 12 2008, 10:23 PM
Instructor
thats for ear traning to listen to the notes to know its by ear thats very important to the musicians

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 12 2008, 10:57 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Well I noticed the ad too in bass player magazine smile.gif

I'm really wondering if the program is good or just some kind of scam smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
TwistedSun
May 12 2008, 11:15 PM
I actually own all the CD's and what not. I haven't actually really listened to it yet so I can't help you much. It sounds like the guy knows what he's talking about. I've only listened to the first two discs though. The first CD is him pretty much saying that this is the best thing in the world, whereas the second disc he does start to get into it a little bit. After listening to the second disc I could start to hear a difference, but I never took the time to really get into it. But if you have the will I'd say it's helpful. I just don't want to memorize what each note on the fretboard sounds like.... I suppose it could be good for tuning though. That'd hardly be worth the money however.

Maybe I'll listen to a few more of them.

--------------------
Starting Gear: Epiphone Limited 50th Anniversary SG, Line 6 Spider II 75watt combo amp.
New Gear: Schecter Hellraiser C1 FR, Engl Powerball 100w, Engl Pro 4x12, Z-5 Footswitch

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 12 2008, 11:32 PM
Instructor
My guess it's a good thing - but don't expect miracles. Learning curve to get the absolute pitch is very very relative, some people have absolute pitch now, some can nail it in 10 years, some people can't do it in their lifetime. It all comes down to hard work and hoping that you can do it if you have "what it takes".

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
FrankW
May 12 2008, 11:48 PM
QUOTE (TwistedSun @ May 12 2008, 11:15 PM) *
I actually own all the CD's and what not. I haven't actually really listened to it yet so I can't help you much. It sounds like the guy knows what he's talking about. I've only listened to the first two discs though. The first CD is him pretty much saying that this is the best thing in the world, whereas the second disc he does start to get into it a little bit. After listening to the second disc I could start to hear a difference, but I never took the time to really get into it. But if you have the will I'd say it's helpful. I just don't want to memorize what each note on the fretboard sounds like.... I suppose it could be good for tuning though. That'd hardly be worth the money however.

Maybe I'll listen to a few more of them.

I find it interesting that you are hearing a difference after two discs. In what way? I'm inclined to believe that there is something to this. As many of you know, perfect pitch is different from relative pitch. I have the relative pitch thing down, but I can't help but wonder what a developed 'perfect pitch' would do as far as improving compositional and improvisational abilities. Thanks for the input.

+Quote Post
TwistedSun
May 13 2008, 12:02 AM
He speaks a lot about how the two are different and how they are both important. To be completely honest, he says like a sentence or two then goes to a piano and tells us to listen to what you hear. Then he sort of sings what we should be hearing. It's like the sound vibrates or something like that. He tells you not to listen to the pitch but to listen to how the sound, dare I say move's? Its tough to explain, he does it well though.

After the second disc he tells us to go and play our chosen instrument, which is what I did, and I could sorta tell what he was talking about. I just never took the time to listen to the rest, or test out what he taught.

This post has been edited by TwistedSun: May 13 2008, 12:05 AM

--------------------
Starting Gear: Epiphone Limited 50th Anniversary SG, Line 6 Spider II 75watt combo amp.
New Gear: Schecter Hellraiser C1 FR, Engl Powerball 100w, Engl Pro 4x12, Z-5 Footswitch

+Quote Post
FrankW
May 13 2008, 12:12 AM
QUOTE (TwistedSun @ May 13 2008, 12:02 AM) *
He speaks a lot about how the two are different and how they are both important. To be completely honest, he says like a sentence or two then goes to a piano and tells us to listen to what you hear. Then he sort of sings what we should be hearing. It's like the sound vibrates or something like that. He tells you not to listen to the pitch but to listen to how the sound, dare I say move's? Its tough to explain, he does it well though.

After the second disc he tells us to go and play our chosen instrument, which is what I did, and I could sorta tell what he was talking about. I just never took the time to listen to the rest, or test out what he taught.

Ahh, sounds like a resonant frequency-type of thing going on. Interesting.

+Quote Post
Nick Kellie
May 13 2008, 08:16 AM
Instructor
if you don't have the time to invest everyday then it cant reap you many rewards - there is no fast "secret" to perfect pitch unless you develop it intuitively on a subconscious level as a child. Those CD's are great and go off the rate of frequency of each note - some notes are smooth sounding and some jagged.... you need to spend real focused time every day to get to hear it - but its there and once you recognise it you realise every note has a different quality... then its just putting the name of a note to that quality.

good CD's - but you need to invest a lot of time for it to work.

nick

+Quote Post
steve25
May 13 2008, 10:37 PM
Which product are you talking about what is it called?

+Quote Post
Slammer
May 13 2008, 10:40 PM
QUOTE (steve25 @ May 13 2008, 05:37 PM) *
Which product are you talking about what is it called?

I believe it is this one.

I've seen the Ad many times in the magazines

http://www.perfectpitch.com/home.htm

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 14 2008, 03:31 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Well I must say their ad is very convincing smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:18 AM