> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Metallica Made Easy, Lesson By Gabriel Leopardi
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 2 ] ** [50.00%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [50.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

Skalde
Aug 15 2019, 10:12 PM
Learning Roadie
Original lesson: Metallica Made Easy by Gabriel Leopardi

I decided to use the backing track with the second guitar in the background because it accompanies the pre-chorus. Should I post a take without the second guitar in the backing?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
bbbbb
Replies
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 16 2019, 04:13 PM
Instructor
Hi Skalde!

Good job here! There are basically three things that I think need some focus during the next days of practice. The first one is timing. Try to focus on going tighter with the backing track when changing chords and combining power chords with single note riffs.

Besides timing, I think that both the chords and riff can sound more consistent and cleaner. Put some focus on the sound of each chord and note. Notice the use of dynamics (different intensities) as an expression tool and polish that riff at 00:43 to make it sound cleaner.

Finally, I recommend you to using other fingers to help the one that is doing vibrato. For example, if you are pressing and doing vibrato with finger 3, you can use 2 and maybe 1 to have more strength. Check out some guitarists doing vibrato and you'll see what I mean.

That's all by now mate, keep on the hard work! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2020 - 10:03 PM