16 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Enforcer-jer Mtp Sessions Thread, yeah this is our place :)
enforcer
Jan 8 2009, 12:49 AM
GMC:er
Can - Jeremy Mtp Session Thread

Hey there Jeremy,

This was a fortunate event that we matched, as you know we were already interchanged ideas a few times now smile.gif And I am really a fan of your d.i.y amp project. smile.gif

I believe we already have a disadventage as Iowa and Istanbul has 8 hours of time difference. But with you and I checking this thread in a regular basis this can be compensated...

Well before we start I will have some questions for you.

1-What do you plan to do in music? Do you play as an hobby or you want to get serious with it?
2-What are your weakest points in your guitar playing in your opinion?
3-How much time can you spare for playing guitar in a day?
4-Are ok with listening to other kinds of music than you actually like?
5-Who is your guitar hero? (I know I asked that already in PM but for the records smile.gif )
6-Up the Irons?
7-Would you like to help me build my own amp? laugh.gif (Just kidding)
8-Are you familiar with music theory?
9-Can you easily concentrate while working on exercises or your attention easily slips away ? (This is serious as it affects the overall efficiency)
10-Do you have a suggestion about the way you'll learn better?

If you answer these questions when you have time, I'll try to suit your needs.

I am really excited about this man hope we do great!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jer
Jan 8 2009, 04:07 AM
Hey Can!!!!

Iowa... Istanbul... Music knows no time zone. smile.gif

Questions. No prob. Here we go!!!!!

1-What do you plan to do in music? Do you play as an hobby or you want to get serious with it?
I'd like to think that I am going to get serious with it. But in reality I think it'll be more of a hobby. Work, the wife, daddyhood, other hobbies. I realistically dont have enough hours in the day to look at it as a career thing.

Speed. Non 4/4 timing. Playing outside of the beat. Triplets.

For our month I have dedicated an hour a day on 3 weekdays and both weekend days. Minimally. So 5 hours a week. Daily? Maybe none. Maybe an hour. Or more...

Yep. No prob there. There is something useful in all music.

5-Who is your guitar hero? (I know I asked that already in PM but for the records )
Glenn Tipton from Judas Priest. His solos in "Electric Eye", "Beyond The Realms Of Death", & "Touch Of Evil" are amazing!!!! Youtube links here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVS6-sTZRhk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2i1dinm3UE...t=1&index=8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABZID8n4X60

6-Up the Irons?
HELL YEAH!!!

7-Would you like to help me build my own amp? (Just kidding)
smile.gif I couldnt do it without my buddy Dave's help. He's the brains of the outfit.

Yeah.

9-Can you easily concentrate while working on exercises or your attention easily slips away ? (This is serious as it affects the overall efficiency)
Yes and No. If I can see it getting put to use then the exercises can be concentrated on. If it seems like exercises for exercise sake then yeah, its tough.

Hmmm.... Great question. Seeing things applied. Hearing examples. Hearing music. Not exercises. I understand that exercises are needed and useful. But hearing examples of what we are working towards always helps.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 8 2009, 01:59 PM
QUOTE (jer @ Jan 8 2009, 05:07 AM) *
Hey Can!!!!

Iowa... Istanbul... Music knows no time zone. smile.gif

I totally agree with you. Lets Rock!

I'd like to think that I am going to get serious with it. But in reality I think it'll be more of a hobby. Work, the wife, daddyhood, other hobbies. I realistically dont have enough hours in the day to look at it as a career thing.

Realism is good, and its really great that you can find time amongs you priorities... Also who knows, maybe you can actually get serious with it. smile.gif

Speed. Non 4/4 timing. Playing outside of the beat. Triplets.

Non 4/4 timing, triplets and playing outside of the beat are just a matter of feeling and I believe this can be accomplished rather easy. Speed, is another matter, because it requires hard work, devotion and lots of boring exercices biggrin.gif

For our month I have dedicated an hour a day on 3 weekdays and both weekend days. Minimally. So 5 hours a week. Daily? Maybe none. Maybe an hour. Or more...

I believe a hour for five to six days of week will be adequate. I am sure as we are progressing with some enjoyable exercises you'll be amazed how you exceed the initially planned worktime smile.gif

Yep. No prob there. There is something useful in all music.

That is great, as you said there is use on anykind of music...

5-Who is your guitar hero? (I know I asked that already in PM but for the records )
Glenn Tipton from Judas Priest. His solos in "Electric Eye", "Beyond The Realms Of Death", & "Touch Of Evil" are amazing!!!! Youtube links here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVS6-sTZRhk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2i1dinm3UE...t=1&index=8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABZID8n4X60

I am listening to mentioned solos rightaway...

6-Up the Irons?
HELL YEAH!!!

Hehhehehe, Iron Maiden is the first metal music I ever heard in my life. That is great we both love the same band smile.gif

7-Would you like to help me build my own amp? (Just kidding)
smile.gif I couldnt do it without my buddy Dave's help. He's the brains of the outfit.

Well you have done a great job nevertheless smile.gif

Yeah.

That is great, at least you have a basis on this, that will be easier for both of us.

Yes and No. If I can see it getting put to use then the exercises can be concentrated on. If it seems like exercises for exercise sake then yeah, its tough.

Hmmm.... Great question. Seeing things applied. Hearing examples. Hearing music. Not exercises. I understand that exercises are needed and useful. But hearing examples of what we are working towards always helps.

Man, I'll try to do my best to show you some solo based exercises which dont look like exercises but some songs. I'll do some videos, and refer to some great videos here at GMC. I am sorry to say that at some points we'll have to focus on some boring exercises because there is no other way. But I'll try to avoid these kind of exercises whenever its possible.

Right now we are waiting for a syllabus for our lesson schedule, but we may make some preparations, today, when you get home, try to work on this solo, its a very easy one. The solo I am talking about is Metallica-Sanitorium's entry solo[0:48-1:12] and the interlude solo [2:10-2:37], just listen to it, try to see how it is played, and try to play it better than Kirk Hammet played. You will see that try to play better suggestion is not a very difficult one, as he played rather feelingless such a good solo. Try to concentrate on your vibratos and bends. Create vibratos, dont be afraid to rearrange the solo. I am sure this wont push you very hard.

Metallica Sanitorium Video on Youtube

If you have time make a video of it if not just record the mp3.

You'll find the solo tabs here (actually whole songs tabs)

Metallica-Sanitorium Tabs

Here is the guitar pro file, positions on it are different than the previous one, you can play it wherever you like, but try to make it sound beautiful and clean. This is all I ask from you. You can use gp file to provide you with a back track.

Good luck man biggrin.gif

Can

This post has been edited by enforcer: Jan 8 2009, 02:02 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  welcome_home_sanitarium_ver7.gp5 ( 112.26K ) Number of downloads: 252

--------------------

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups

+Quote Post
jer
Jan 8 2009, 02:08 PM
Sounds good. I'll tackle this tonight. I can hear the solo in my head. I'll watch the video a few times here at work too. I work at a PC in a cubicle all day so headphones are my friend. I get a lot ofusic listening done in an 8 hr day.

FYI - Tomorrow morning I leave for a out of town wedding. I wont have any time to practice until Sunday night.

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 Floor Board
Nady UHF Wireless

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 8 2009, 02:13 PM
QUOTE (jer @ Jan 8 2009, 03:08 PM) *
Sounds good. I'll tackle this tonight. I can hear the solo in my head. I'll watch the video a few times here at work too. I work at a PC in a cubicle all day so headphones are my friend. I get a lot ofusic listening done in an 8 hr day.

FYI - Tomorrow morning I leave for a out of town wedding. I wont have any time to practice until Sunday night.

Ok man, I'll keep posting on my video and song suggestions, we are already waiting for the syllabus, so your being out of town wont hurt our progress much. Just check internet regularly and everything will be fine smile.gif

This post has been edited by enforcer: Jan 8 2009, 02:13 PM

--------------------

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH

+Quote Post
jer
Jan 8 2009, 02:21 PM
After listening to the solo: There are a couple of parts in the 2nd solo that are faster than I am comfortable with. You'll see those on the video. smile.gif

On a side note, these are the kinds of solos I absolutely love.

I am sorry to say that at some points we'll have to focus on some boring exercises because there is no other way.
Not a problem. I know its necessary. I'll do them.

Speed, is another matter, because it requires hard work, devotion and lots of boring exercices
Yep. I am very aware of this. Speed isnt an important part of it to me. I know its something that will build eventually as I push myself after haveing a better handle on the rest of it. Naturally being better all around will allow me to get faster with time.

Our syllabus is up: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=23238

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 Floor Board
Nady UHF Wireless

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 8 2009, 02:42 PM
Yes, I saw the syllabus now, ok np man, just keep on working on solo, I'll prepare something biggrin.gif

Ok, I checked the syllabus out man, well first weeks example is very easy,

Beginner Strumming and Arpeggios

I watched your MTP Beginner application movie, and after seeing how you played intro riff of Burning Times, I am sure this wont be a problem for you smile.gif Maybe up strokes and upwards played arpeggios may be confusing in a first glance, but I am sure you can do it. Maybe tonight if it isnt overwhelming?

Muris' exercices are generally good structured and to the point. Low bpm backings will help you to memmorize the exercise and then you can gradually increase the speed to the point you play really clean and fast. Try to take a video of it so that I can make some critics biggrin.gif

Cheers
Can

--------------------

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 8 2009, 03:07 PM
Jeremy, one last word about the sanitorium solo's hard parts, learn the lick, then lower the tempo in gp file, then play it on time and correctly. Then after you get really familiar with that speed, increase the speed. That is the golden rule. And that is all man biggrin.gif

--------------------

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH

+Quote Post
jer
Jan 8 2009, 03:25 PM
I checked out the 1st lesson. Beginner Strumming and Arpeggios

Yeah, I'll be able to knock that one out pretty quick. I'll shoot for getting it done tonight and also starting on the 1st solo in Sanitarium.

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 Floor Board
Nady UHF Wireless

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jan 8 2009, 03:31 PM
... No use in German Schlagers...

Sorry for interupting!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 8 2009, 03:32 PM
QUOTE (jer @ Jan 8 2009, 04:25 PM) *
I checked out the 1st lesson. Beginner Strumming and Arpeggios

Yeah, I'll be able to knock that one out pretty quick. I'll shoot for getting it done tonight and also starting on the 1st solo in Sanitarium.

Great man biggrin.gif

--------------------

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH

+Quote Post
jer
Jan 8 2009, 03:45 PM
Some questions for you too if ya don't mind.

Do you play professionally? In a band? Got a link to some music you have done?

What are the last 3 cds you listened to?

Whats the last concert you saw?

What do you hope to get out of this?

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 Floor Board
Nady UHF Wireless

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Jan 8 2009, 04:10 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (enforcer @ Jan 8 2009, 09:07 AM) *
Jeremy, one last word about the sanitorium solo's hard parts, learn the lick, then lower the tempo in gp file, then play it on time and correctly. Then after you get really familiar with that speed, increase the speed. That is the golden rule. And that is all man biggrin.gif

Sorry for interrupting here.

Not sure if you know Can but in GP you can select an area you want to learn or have trouble with, hit F9 to open up the "speed trainer" part of GP. You can set it at a specific tempo and each run through the highlighted area it will increase by whatever BPM you set it at.

Great feature! Its been extremely helpful for me Especially with Jose's Shredding exercise. tongue.gif

Dan

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 8 2009, 04:16 PM
QUOTE (jer @ Jan 8 2009, 04:45 PM) *
Some questions for you too if ya don't mind.

Do you play professionally? In a band? Got a link to some music you have done?

What are the last 3 cds you listened to?

Whats the last concert you saw?

What do you hope to get out of this?

Yeah man, I play in a professional band called Pijama in Turkey, we did mostly covers for 4 years, and I just finished guitar parts record of our first album, but unfortunately that bands style is pop-rock, so its not actually the music I like...Well I need money to eat biggrin.gif We have same fan taken videos on youtube but these are actually low quality videos that I am not proud of.

Last 3 cds I listened to are : Pain of Salvation - Scarsick, Therion-Vovin and Ayreon-010010101

I am a real fan of Progressive/Power Rock/Metal, my favorite bands are Iron Maiden, Iced Earth, Megadeth, Pain of Salvation, Dream Theater, Therion, Blind Guardian, Tool, The Perfect Circle etc.

The last real big concert I saw was in last summer, Metallica and before that Judas Priest. That were stadium concerts. If your talking about small concerts etc, the last one was some tribute band for Bon Jovi. It was two weeks ago biggrin.gif Also last summer, I saw Whitesnake, Def Leppard, Joelynn Turner too.

Well, I seriously want to help GMC society with this, because this society is the thing I searched all my life since I started to play guitar, I am self tought, I needed guidance and I had none, but since I joined GMC I improved so vastly that I feel a need to return that favor to GMC.

Other than that, I really want we both have fun, play some songs together, and improve your playing skills while improving my teaching skills...

I think thats all man, be assured I am not here just for a competition to be tough by Muris, I am here to help you biggrin.gif

Can

QUOTE (opeth.db @ Jan 8 2009, 05:10 PM) *
Sorry for interrupting here.

Not sure if you know Can but in GP you can select an area you want to learn or have trouble with, hit F9 to open up the "speed trainer" part of GP. You can set it at a specific tempo and each run through the highlighted area it will increase by whatever BPM you set it at.

Great feature! Its been extremely helpful for me Especially with Jose's Shredding exercise. tongue.gif

Dan

Thank you Dan, I didnt know that feature man biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by enforcer: Jan 8 2009, 04:17 PM

--------------------

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH

+Quote Post
jer
Jan 8 2009, 04:20 PM
Cool.

Priest. I saw them on the Nostradamus tour as well. I actually have photos I took on KK Downings website. From the May show in St Paul MN USA.

I got to see Iced Earth 2x last year. The reunion show with Matt Barlow was the first. Then at ProgPower USA IX. AWESOME!!!!! I love IE.

Pain of Salvation. I havent heard of them. I'll check it out!

be assured I am not here just for a competition to be tough by Muris, I am here to help you
No worries here. Teaching others is usually very useful to the teacher as well. I'm sure you'll get some good stuff out of it too. And if you do get to get some one on one time with Muris, all the better!!!

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 Floor Board
Nady UHF Wireless

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 8 2009, 04:27 PM
QUOTE (jer @ Jan 8 2009, 05:20 PM) *
Cool.

Priest. I saw them on the Nostradamus tour as well. I actually have photos I took on KK Downings website. From the May show in St Paul MN USA.

I got to see Iced Earth 2x last year. The reunion show with Matt Barlow was the first. Then at ProgPower USA IX. AWESOME!!!!! I love IE.

Pain of Salvation. I havent heard of them. I'll check it out!

No worries here. Teaching others is usually very useful to the teacher as well. I'm sure you'll get some good stuff out of it too. And if you do get to get some one on one time with Muris, all the better!!!

Thats great man biggrin.gif

And also can you believe the relation between JP and IE and Tim Owens? Two times he replaced a great vocalist and two times he got kicked because these vocalists' return. I really feel sorry for him man biggrin.gif Plus I really think that he did a great job on Something Wicked part 1 (though I didnt like his vocals on Glorious Burden) biggrin.gif

--------------------

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH

+Quote Post
jer
Jan 8 2009, 04:58 PM
And now he is singing for Malmsteen. Yeah, that'll last..... smile.gif

He has a solo album coming out soon. As well as his band Beyond Fear. Hopefully those will do well for him and he can leave the other stuff behind. He is an AMAZING vocalist. I've chatted with him some via email. Pretty down to earth guy. What a story him joining Priest. Tough to top that one.

I LOVED the Something Wicked Pt 1 album. Far better than Pt 2 in my opinion. I twas interesting seeing Barlow do "Ten Thousand Strong". He struggles a bit with parts of it. Owens can nail it in his sleep. Unreal...

I liked Owens on The Glorious Burden. There were some weak songs but I thought the vocals were all good. Declaration Day is an amazing song. And the Gettysburg Trilogy is amazing. I saw that tour too. They did the whole Gettysburg thing live. John in gray, their other guitarist at the time in blue. North and south flags painted on their guitars. (USA Cival War history stuff, dunno how familiar you are with that) Pretty cool.

QUOTE (enforcer @ Jan 8 2009, 09:27 AM) *
Thats great man biggrin.gif

And also can you believe the relation between JP and IE and Tim Owens? Two times he replaced a great vocalist and two times he got kicked because these vocalists' return. I really feel sorry for him man biggrin.gif Plus I really think that he did a great job on Something Wicked part 1 (though I didnt like his vocals on Glorious Burden) biggrin.gif

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 Floor Board
Nady UHF Wireless

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 8 2009, 05:24 PM
QUOTE (jer @ Jan 8 2009, 05:58 PM) *
And now he is singing for Malmsteen. Yeah, that'll last..... smile.gif

He has a solo album coming out soon. As well as his band Beyond Fear. Hopefully those will do well for him and he can leave the other stuff behind. He is an AMAZING vocalist. I've chatted with him some via email. Pretty down to earth guy. What a story him joining Priest. Tough to top that one.

I LOVED the Something Wicked Pt 1 album. Far better than Pt 2 in my opinion. I twas interesting seeing Barlow do "Ten Thousand Strong". He struggles a bit with parts of it. Owens can nail it in his sleep. Unreal...

I liked Owens on The Glorious Burden. There were some weak songs but I thought the vocals were all good. Declaration Day is an amazing song. And the Gettysburg Trilogy is amazing. I saw that tour too. They did the whole Gettysburg thing live. John in gray, their other guitarist at the time in blue. North and south flags painted on their guitars. (USA Cival War history stuff, dunno how familiar you are with that) Pretty cool.

Thats cool man, I didnt know he was singing for malmsteen now biggrin.gif

Ok man, by the way it is 11.00 am there isnt it? laugh.gif

--------------------

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH

+Quote Post
jer
Jan 8 2009, 06:09 PM
Yeah, whats tomorrow like?

My fave Malmsteen tune. With Tim at the mic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyN4nblqqrk...feature=related

QUOTE (enforcer @ Jan 8 2009, 10:24 AM) *
Thats cool man, I didnt know he was singing for malmsteen now biggrin.gif

Ok man, by the way it is 11.00 am there isnt it? laugh.gif

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 Floor Board
Nady UHF Wireless

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 8 2009, 06:52 PM
He is great man, he has his rightful place now biggrin.gif

Ok, we will have a deep weekly plan as soon as you post videos, so it is very important that you send me that Sanitorium part 1 as soon as possible as that way I can prepare our own schedule. Man, I am sure I can write some exercises based on your favorite bands' (Judas, or Iced Earth for example) solos and rhythme licks. That will be fun biggrin.gif

--------------------

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH

+Quote Post

16 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:22 AM