4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Helix Native
Rammikin
Jan 19 2017, 09:24 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Wow!

http://line6.com/helix-native/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Jan 19 2017, 09:36 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Rammikin @ Jan 19 2017, 12:24 PM) *

I'll second that! Any word on a release date other than "coming soon"? Or a price? I still haven't received an invite to buy from Fractal and the Helix has already tempted me before this announcement. Something to think about.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Jan 19 2017, 11:38 PM
Experienced Rock Star
It's going to be more like months from now, rather than weeks. MSRP is $399. But this isn't really a direct alternative to an AX8. Going with Helix Native would mean committing to always playing through a computer and buying a separate floor controller. If you're not comfortable with that you'd be better off with the AX8, especially if you're already on the waitlist.

Also: the price for Helix Native is $99 for Helix owners.

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 19 2017, 11:42 PM
GMC:er
This will be interesting when out...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 19 2017, 11:53 PM
Nice smile.gif That's pretty spiff. It's also a sort of gateway drug to the real thing IMHO. If folks like the plugin, they may want the hardware for live work / band practice etc. The folks than can't afford the hardware can hopefully afford the software. Of course piracy is always an issue, but that's what ilock is for I guess smile.gif I sure wish kemper and axe fx would go ahead and make a plugin. Won't happenbbut I can dream smile.gif

Kemper doesn't even have a software editor, so a plugin is a big stretch.

QUOTE (Rammikin @ Jan 19 2017, 04:24 PM) *

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Jan 21 2017, 05:10 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Rammikin @ Jan 19 2017, 02:38 PM) *
It's going to be more like months from now, rather than weeks. MSRP is $399. But this isn't really a direct alternative to an AX8. Going with Helix Native would mean committing to always playing through a computer and buying a separate floor controller. If you're not comfortable with that you'd be better off with the AX8, especially if you're already on the waitlist.

Also: the price for Helix Native is $99 for Helix owners.

Well, I was actually thinking of getting a Helix instead of the Fractal FX8 and the announcement of Helix Native makes it that much more tempting. But I am going to hold out for a bit longer I think. Thanks Rammikin.

It really is ridiculous that anyone should have to wait for any longer than a month for a Fractal product. I have been waiting since last spring.

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Jan 21 2017, 05:51 PM

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Jan 21 2017, 08:01 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Hmm the fx8 and helix aren't the same kind of device. I thought you were waiting for an ax8. Fractal is prioritizing ax8 production over the fx8.

+Quote Post
Wyverex
Jan 22 2017, 09:07 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Cool stuff! Although I don't see much of a reason to buy this if you already own a Helix. DAW integration is nice but you can already re-amp with the Helix by just recording a dry track. But I guess that's why it's so cheap for Helix owners smile.gif

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Jan 23 2017, 06:08 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Rammikin @ Jan 21 2017, 11:01 AM) *
Hmm the fx8 and helix aren't the same kind of device. I thought you were waiting for an ax8. Fractal is prioritizing ax8 production over the fx8.

Yeah, I got on the list for the FX8 rather than the AX8 or a full blown AXE FX because all I really wanted was a massive pedalboard of fx in one unit. I really wasn't that interested in the modeling.
But the Helix is right about the same price as the FX8, includes modeling and has more flexibility for recording. And I wouldn't have to wait.
As I said, the modeling didn't really interest me, but if I had it , I would most probably use it. Especially if I can get it in the same price range as the FX8. It just seems like a bonus deal.
And I am a bit baffled as to how Fractal can do well in the market if they can't keep up with demand. I have wonder how many sales Fractal has lost to Line 6 and others because of this.

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Jan 23 2017, 06:25 PM
Experienced Rock Star
I think the answer to your question is: they don't get many orders for the fx8, so they prioritize production for the more popular ax8 and axefx.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 23 2017, 07:40 PM
They have lost quite a bit of sales to be sure. But they are more concerned with protecting their IP than growth. It's a boutique company still. Piracy fears seem to keep them from going "native" and releasing a plugin. So folks just have to wait smile.gif

He could of course license the technology to a much larger builder, but that would mean sharing profits. At this point, he doesn't see the need. He sells every unit he can built and has more orders than he can fill. That's a happy place to be for him evidently smile.gif

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Jan 23 2017, 01:08 PM) *
Yeah, I got on the list for the FX8 rather than the AX8 or a full blown AXE FX because all I really wanted was a massive pedalboard of fx in one unit. I really wasn't that interested in the modeling.
But the Helix is right about the same price as the FX8, includes modeling and has more flexibility for recording. And I wouldn't have to wait.
As I said, the modeling didn't really interest me, but if I had it , I would most probably use it. Especially if I can get it in the same price range as the FX8. It just seems like a bonus deal.
And I am a bit baffled as to how Fractal can do well in the market if they can't keep up with demand. I have wonder how many sales Fractal has lost to Line 6 and others because of this.

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Feb 4 2017, 07:58 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Fyi, the Fractal Audio site shows the fx8 in stock and on sale for $999.
http://shop.fractalaudio.com/FX8_Multi_Eff...I_p/fas-027.htm

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Feb 4 2017, 08:29 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Rammikin @ Feb 4 2017, 10:58 AM) *
Fyi, the Fractal Audio site shows the fx8 in stock and on sale for $999.
http://shop.fractalaudio.com/FX8_Multi_Eff...I_p/fas-027.htm

Nice! If I remember correctly, that is 300 to 400 bucks less than what it was when I got on the waiting to buy list.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 4 2017, 09:18 PM
The Helix and Kemper are starting to cut in to their market a bit imho so they have had to adjust some pricing. There is a good chunk of profit in those units and they are still using a monochrome display. You'd think there would be a color display, if not a touch screen color display. I'm guessing that's coming in the next rev to compete with that lovely screen on the helix.

I"m still waiting for someone to code a kemper profile loader plugin smile.gif Amazed nobody has broken off from kemper and gone rogue.

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Feb 4 2017, 03:29 PM) *
Nice! If I remember correctly, that is 300 to 400 bucks less than what it was when I got on the waiting to buy list.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 4 2017, 10:27 PM
Here is a vid comparing the HELIX and AX8 with the knobs set to noon on both. IT's Ola of course smile.gif The axe does seem to have less top end fizz and a bit more oomph in the low end. But again, no eq, just set to neutral.

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Feb 4 2017, 10:44 PM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 4 2017, 08:18 PM) *
The Helix and Kemper are starting to cut in to their market a bit imho so they have had to adjust some pricing.

We're talking about the fx8, not the ax8. They are very different devices and the price adjustment is only for the fx8.

By the way, there is NFW Fractal is losing ax8 sales to Kemper when the ax8 sells for $700 less smile.gif. Kemper on the other hand must be feeling pressure to lower their prices. As great as a Kemper profiler is, it's currently seriously overpriced.

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Feb 14 2017, 02:55 AM
Experienced Rock Star
At the risk of sounding like a "I told you so" smile.gif, Sweetwater and MusiciansFriend have just dropped their Kemper prices by $200. Even after that, it's still too high, but it shows they know the price is a problem.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 14 2017, 02:46 PM
Instructor
Fingers crossed it continues going down. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Feb 14 2017, 03:16 PM
Experienced Rock Star
How does the price of an AX8 compare to a Kemper in Argentina?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 14 2017, 09:52 PM
Instructor
You can get Ax8 for 75% the price of a Kemper (without the foot controller).

Kemper price is around US$ 4000/5000 in Argentina. ohmy.gif

I've seen an AX for US$3000.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:07 PM