> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Hard Rock Bending And Vibrato, Lesson By Ivan Mihaljevic
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
9 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

mhskeide
Mar 25 2020, 09:52 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
Original lesson: Hard Rock Bending And Vibrato by Ivan Mihaljevic

Isolation time means guitar time! Tuned down half a step to fit the appropriate guitar for this sort of tune.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 25 2020, 10:51 PM
GMC Founder
YEAH!! I got Van Halen vibes from watching your take.

Your tone is very nice - though it lacks the bright bite of Ivan's take it sure has the juiciness!

Your groove is contaminating (sorry for inappropriate wording!) and you master some tricky licks here.

It isn't really until it comes to vibrato where we can hear a clearer difference between student and instructor. I would suggest you work on getting more arm movement into the mix - to achieve a more stable vibrato.

Also, your bending could be a bit more on pitch.

All in all very well done, you get an 8 from me. Keep it up!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 26 2020, 01:53 AM
GMC:er
Impressive take!!! I dig your tone on this. Sounds like just a touch of chorus in there which works great. What are you using for your guitar tone btw? Nice axe as well!! As for the playing, I was impressed from the moment you grabbed a few strings and started wagging them around. Some folks have a very hard time withi vibrato on more than one string. You clearly have no trouble at all. Also, you have good left hand power for bending and sticking the landing when a lick changes speed/direction. Best of all I felt the groove as you played this and it was fun to watch. Solid EIGHT!!!

Todd

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 27 2020, 02:34 PM
Instructor
THIS IS KILLER!!

What a tone mate. I love this take. Your playing, your energy, everything sounds top level.

I've decided to listen again to the original lesson to compare, and I just notice that Ivan playing has more vibrato, and is a bit cleaner, but I feel that your take is still good and rocker. Maybe you can give some more attention to your vibrato.

Other than that, this is amazing, congrats.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Fran
Mar 31 2020, 04:29 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 8.3

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:31 PM