U.s. Marine Corp Getting Rid Of All Tanks
Todd Simpson
Mar 27 2020, 09:19 PM
GMC:er
I just learned that the United States Marin Corp is getting rid of it's 3 tank battalions. Yup the Marines will no longer have any tanks. As an American, I never thought our own Marines would be told to give up their tanks. It's all part of a redesign of the force. Also, no more Military Police in the Marine core and artillery batteries will be greatly reduced as will the osprey squadrons and stealth fighter squadrons. 12,000 personnel will be but over ten years. The marines will re focus from the mid east, and focus almost entirely on China. They will be placed on islands and move every few days near the south China sea. The entire force to set to keep an eye on China.

Marines will be decentralized and redistributed. The corp is moving toward unmanned lethal air to ground systems, e.g. lots of armed drones, lots of new ships with rockets, lots of high tech gear that is designed to fight from great distance away from the enemy. This is a huge shift as the marines have always been "First to fight" and are trained to run toward machine gun fire. I found this a bit shocking. Is it just me?

https://youtu.be/LuAPF1Xx8xc

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Mar 27 2020, 09:20 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Mar 28 2020, 12:59 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
A little surprising but not shocking. If you look at the reasons why. It starts to make sense. As the face of modern warfare and the theatre's of operations change, so too will the US Armed Forces in order to adapt and remain the dominant fighting force in the world. Here is an article from the Marine Corps Times that describes some of the reasons for these changes.

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/flashpoint...anks-heres-why/

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 29 2020, 01:15 AM
GMC:er
I was a bit shocked when I saw the headline to be sure. Trying to imagine the marines without tanks is a bit hard to do. They have had some of the best tank crews since world war II. I get that the world is changing though and they have to change with it. The entire force is being shifted away from the middle east and mostly being planned as a firwewall against china which means ships more so than tanks. Such is life.

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Mar 27 2020, 07:59 PM) *
A little surprising but not shocking. If you look at the reasons why. It starts to make sense. As the face of modern warfare and the theatre's of operations change, so too will the US Armed Forces in order to adapt and remain the dominant fighting force in the world. Here is an article from the Marine Corps Times that describes some of the reasons for these changes.

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/flashpoint...anks-heres-why/

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:24 AM