2 Pages V  < 1 2  
My Favourite Solo!
Ramiro Delforte
May 10 2009, 11:21 PM
Instructor
If you like so much the solo go for it, I think that's all that matters, the motivation to keep practicing and getting some new things in your playing smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 10 2009, 11:30 PM
Instructor
Very cool solo indeed! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
May 11 2009, 01:44 PM
GMC:er
That solo is fairly straight forward so just spend the time to learn it and you'll get it.

There are much harder solos in songs it's safe to say but if you like that solo so much then learn it and it should give you some added motivation with guitar for other solos if you can play your favourite one. smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Murloc
May 12 2009, 03:03 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks for all the replies guys. I would so like to learn it, but I am afraid that even though it is an easy solo, it is still too hard for me sad.gif
I havn't even learned how to tap right (I cant get high sounds from tapping, mostly I get a small noise)

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
May 12 2009, 04:23 PM
Learning Rock Star
I didn't really like the song to the point of going in a trance like Iron Maiden can make me do... Anyway, I accept the solo was very melodic, and I'll agree with you there.

--------------------
My YouTube Channel
Lost in all the 2000+ GMC lessons? Check my Lesson Plan

Guitars
Fender American Standard Stratocaster - Olympic White body, Maple fretboard, White Pearl pickguard, 21 frets, SSS
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Recording equipment/software
Line 6 POD Studio GX
Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post
berko
May 12 2009, 04:27 PM
QUOTE (Murloc @ May 12 2009, 04:03 PM) *
Thanks for all the replies guys. I would so like to learn it, but I am afraid that even though it is an easy solo, it is still too hard for me sad.gif
I havn't even learned how to tap right (I cant get high sounds from tapping, mostly I get a small noise)

Maybe you should check the hight of the strings. Are they too high to tap them? If they seem normal, it's all about practice. Hold down the hi E string at e.g the 12th fret and tap the 15th, 17th etc. frets. Hammer on with your index or middle finger then pull it off so that the string rings clearly.

There are several tapping lessons here at GMC, use search bar and check them out smile.gif

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Murloc
May 12 2009, 06:19 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (berko @ May 12 2009, 05:27 PM) *
Maybe you should check the hight of the strings. Are they too high to tap them? If they seem normal, it's all about practice. Hold down the hi E string at e.g the 12th fret and tap the 15th, 17th etc. frets. Hammer on with your index or middle finger then pull it off so that the string rings clearly.

There are several tapping lessons here at GMC, use search bar and check them out smile.gif

I found a nice tapping lesson called "melodic tapping lesson", but he just wont play it slow and the tab is severely lacking when it comes to saying what is tap and sliding and such ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Artemus
May 12 2009, 06:41 PM
Learning Tone Seeker - CHALLENGE STAR!
You asked about tapping in a previous thread - are you still having trouble then?

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post
Murloc
May 14 2009, 10:16 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Artemus @ May 12 2009, 07:41 PM) *
You asked about tapping in a previous thread - are you still having trouble then?

Not really, it's just that I can only find one easy tap lesson to practice my tapping and that lesson has no mark for what is tapping and not in the tab and such sad.gif

+Quote Post
berko
May 14 2009, 10:26 PM
QUOTE (Murloc @ May 14 2009, 11:16 PM) *
Not really, it's just that I can only find one easy tap lesson to practice my tapping and that lesson has no mark for what is tapping and not in the tab and such sad.gif

Is the one by Jeff Curtis? If so, I understand what you mean, he is not an active instructor now and even the slow vids are pretty fast. But the tabs do tell quite precisely what to do.

"h" means hammer-on, "p" is pull off. These 2 actions are done with the fretting hand. Every note that has a capital T above it should be tapped with the picking hand. If you have to slide, you'll see an "s" after the note you have to slide from and the next note will be the one you have to slide to. Just watch the vids carefully, rewind them, or if you drag and drop those white triangles somewhere on the play bar, you can make loops out of the problematic sections

This post has been edited by berko: May 14 2009, 10:27 PM

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Murloc
May 16 2009, 03:05 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (berko @ May 14 2009, 11:26 PM) *
Is the one by Jeff Curtis? If so, I understand what you mean, he is not an active instructor now and even the slow vids are pretty fast. But the tabs do tell quite precisely what to do.

"h" means hammer-on, "p" is pull off. These 2 actions are done with the fretting hand. Every note that has a capital T above it should be tapped with the picking hand. If you have to slide, you'll see an "s" after the note you have to slide from and the next note will be the one you have to slide to. Just watch the vids carefully, rewind them, or if you drag and drop those white triangles somewhere on the play bar, you can make loops out of the problematic sections

I know what all the different marks meen in a tab, but I just cant make sense from the T's in that tab. They are spread over the tab, sometimes they are not even above a note and there are far to few of them.

+Quote Post
shrednbuttah
May 16 2009, 10:00 PM
Ah loved this song a few years ago. Got to see atreyu live a few months back

--------------------
"The object of my work is to raise it above my standard"

+Quote Post
Satch.léon.fr
May 26 2009, 09:25 PM
Hey !! Very nice !! biggrin.gif

( I'm new member ;-) )

+Quote Post
bluetag
May 27 2009, 01:35 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
the solo is cool what i like about it that makes it more like intense is that kind of drum filling right before building up the tension. not my favorite atreyu song though.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 03:25 PM