> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Mtp February Thread - Crazy_diamond
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 5 2010, 04:19 AM
Instructor
Hello Crazy diamond! This is the thread for the February Mtp! This month we will continue working on the different techniques to keep on improving your playing. smile.gif

Assignment 1:
This week we will train your alternate picking technique with a 16th note exercise in the style of shred players like Vinnie Moore and Tony Mc Alpine. It starts in the high E string and then you have the same exercise on B and G strings. You must start the every group of four 16th notes with a down stroke and accentuating the first one. The tempo required for this one is the faster than you can. However you have to concentrate on clarity and timing before trying to play this faster than light!

Attached File  Assignment_1.gp5 ( 5.34K ) Number of downloads: 162

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Feb 5 2010, 05:58 PM
Learning Rock Star
Wow .... this is a long run to remember.... I will practice that and post something as soon as I can.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 6 2010, 04:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Crazy_Diamond @ Feb 5 2010, 01:58 PM) *
Wow .... this is a long run to remember.... I will practice that and post something as soon as I can.

Perfect!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Feb 9 2010, 08:34 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hi Gab,

Here is my 1st assignement for february. It is not perfect but I think that it really helped my alternate picking. After reading the critics about my REC take on the Tecno lesson, Ivan made me realize something. I was anchoring my pinky on the pickguard I know I have done that for a long time. So after I red that I start looking closer at the picking hand of some guitarist and I realized that most of them were closing there hand while playing alternate picking. I have try that new method and I think it allows me to reach more speed.

The assignement was recorded at 70bpm.

Also I would like to know if it is possible to speed up the assignements for february since I am going on the 25th of february for more than 1 week for my cousin's wedding (in florida) and I won't be able to play guitar for at least 1 week. I wont have enough room in the car to bring any guitar.

This post has been edited by Crazy_Diamond: Feb 9 2010, 08:59 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Feb 9 2010, 10:39 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hi had some free time today so I have decided to record the Velvet Revolver style lesson. I am not sure if it is good enough to post in the REC. I have play too mych guitar today and I can't even tell if it is good or not I will judge tomorrow. Anyway, I wanted to share this take with you to know what you think of it.

I am not a 100% satisfied with the tone tho. I had some problem today with my guitarport device. Usually I record everything dry and I put the effect afterwards. Today I got the message that my device coulnd't play becayse Pod Farm blah blah blah... I am really angry at this because I had already paid around 50$ in the past so I could use Pod Farm as a plugin... I feel that there is a kind of razor in my distortion.

I hope you like it.. See yeah !!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 10 2010, 02:56 AM
Instructor
Hey! You are a hard worker! Well done!
Let's start with the 1 assignment. I'm glad to hear that this exercise is helping you to develop your AP abilities. I think that you should add this exercise to your diary routine if you want to experiment awesome results. I think that your technique is perfect now and that the only thing that you need to do is practice. One more thing that I want to add is that you have to increase the tempo only when you are feeling comfortable with the current tempo. It has no sense to play at a high tempo but sounding unclear.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 10 2010, 03:31 AM
Instructor
Regarding the REC...
It sounds good and it has been very useful for me to see this take. There are some things that you should work on your playing to improve this take. The first one and the most important is your bending intonation. There are many bends out of pitch so we must continue working on this. Your riffing sounds ok but I think that you could make it sound more confident and precise. Finally I think that your vibrato should be stronger in the longest notes.
This take could be used as our REC take but I think that you could record a better one paying attention on the things that I remarked.

I'll give you the next assignments faster to let you finish the MTP before you have to go to the wedding.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Feb 10 2010, 04:16 AM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks for all your feedback Gab I will continue to practice hard. I had already notice that a few bends where out of pitch in the solo but I am going to continue working on it....

I'm waiting for my 1st assignement ...

See you !!!

edit: I have posted a take in the REC program for the neoclassical lesson of MArcus Lavendell. I will still do the Velvet Revolver style lesson as my Rec take for the month. I have decided to post something in the REC since I had a bit of spare time again tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Crazy_Diamond: Feb 10 2010, 04:54 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 11 2010, 11:11 PM
Instructor
Assignment 2:
In this second assignment we will work on rocker rhythm guitar while you continue training your alternate picking abilities. I'll assign you a stoner rock lesson by my own where I use dropped D tuning. This means that your lower string will be tuned in D.
This is the formula from thick to thin string: D A D G B E
I'm interested in the rhythm section of the lesson however it would be awesome if you also work on the solo because it is very useful to train you bending and vibrato.
This is the link to the lesson: Stoner Rock

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Feb 12 2010, 10:09 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 11 2010, 05:11 PM) *
Assignment 2:
In this second assignment we will work on rocker rhythm guitar while you continue training your alternate picking abilities. I'll assign you a stoner rock lesson by my own where I use dropped D tuning. This means that your lower string will be tuned in D.
This is the formula from thick to thin string: D A D G B E
I'm interested in the rhythm section of the lesson however it would be awesome if you also work on the solo because it is very useful to train you bending and vibrato.
This is the link to the lesson: Stoner Rock

Hi Gab!!!

You know what ..... This is awesome .... That lesson was already in my bookmark and I was planing to work on it for my next REC take.... I love you laugh.gif (don't worry... I love much more woman than man). That is really cool....

And Between I really want to express my gratitude toward our MTP program... You made me progress after at least 4 years of total stagnation. I can noow achieve greater speed and greater vibrato even tho in my last take of Velvet Revolver the solo was pretty bad. Some old friend came to my appartment today... I haven't seen them for more then 1 year. Of course when they came I was playing guitar in my living room. They where both amazed that I was playing a Stratocaster. One of them plays the drum and the other one use to play the bass. We had a band a few years ago and we were playing some cover of Metallica and Pantera (etc...). It was bad but we where having fun. Anyway, They where both amazed by the fact that I had bought a Stratocaster when I used to be metal kind of guy. I told them that I was now a blues player (and I have to admit that I threw out some crazy licks)... I start improvising in e minor and they where so impress. I told them about GMC, Gabriel Leopardi ( my mentor from Argentina that plays in a band called Cirse), and the student instructor lesson I have wrote. They where amazed to see that more then 20 000 people have red it. I start explaining it to the bassist and he tought that it was amazing.. After that, they ask me about my DiMarzio Chopper pickup, I told them that this was my hard rock side and I start playing pinch harmonics like a dog without a leash... they where amezed to see how much I had improved in the last year... And this is the most rewarding thing ever that some felows musicians recognize your impprovement. This is only because of you... thank you so much for our MTP I really think it has helped me evolved in my guitar journey.

Thanks a lot Gab to have helped me get out of a ruth I have been stock in for several years.

Adios Gabriel... Me gusta mucho la MTP programa con usted ... ( I hope that you understand something I want to improve my spanish actually and I don't find any private teacher)

P.S Sorry for the bad spelling, I had too much beer tonight. I'm a musician man, Chicks alcohol and rock'n roll (just can't resit).... Even tho I am a serious student I can't resist the smell of beautiful women.... My guitar is my mistress but other girls are also disturbing me laugh.gif This is probably also why I'm getting emotional.... But drunk people always say the truth cool.gif And I also hope that after this MTP we can renew it ....

Edit I just notice that the lesson you gave me isn't in drop D ... Where you thinking about the Stoner rock lesson 2 that can be found here ???

This post has been edited by Crazy_Diamond: Feb 12 2010, 10:13 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 12 2010, 05:40 PM
Instructor
laugh.gif Amazing post!! I can't stop laughing!
I'm so happy of reading all those great things! I just must say that the only responsible of your awesome improvement is YOU!
However is great to know that the MTP is working well and helping as much. It is very important the weekly and even the diary discipline when you are studying music and I think that the MTP helps a lot with this because it's a great incentive. It remembers me when I was a student and went every week to my private guitar classes but in this way it's even more amazing because of the videos, backings, forums, rec, guitar pro.

You're are right about the tuning. When I was choosing your assignment I checked both lessons but I selected the Stoner Rock 1. I'm sure that then when I posted I confused about the tuning with the second one. Let's go for the first one!

Regarding you spanish.. It's perfect! Me alegro mucho compañero! Usted es un gran alumno!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Feb 12 2010, 10:51 PM
Learning Rock Star
This is so funny to read the day after tongue.gif . At least I haven't gone too far.

You are right about the MTP it is really good for focusing on specific tehnique and since you have to post some assignement it forces you too work on those specific things.

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 12 2010, 11:40 AM) *
Me alegro mucho compañero!

¡ Mí también amigo !

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 12 2010, 11:40 AM) *
Usted es un gran alumno!

Si... Esta la explicación de mí mensaje a 4 de la mañana laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Feb 13 2010, 09:03 PM
Learning Rock Star
¿Holá Qué Tal?

Tengo algunos preguntas .. smile.gif

They are 2 things that I have trouble with in the stoner rock lesson. First of all I don't really understand the 2nd riff. Does the 12th fret on the low E-string is a ring note ?? Do I let it ring while playing the other notes. And I don't really know how to apply the vibrato on the 12th fret on the higher strings. Can I vibrate the 12th fret also because I can't play 2 notes and only vibrate one.

Also in the riff where you use some chords there is a bending and in the video and in the tab it doesn't sound the same. I'm not sure if it is the right note or if i'm playing wrong. There seems to be an harmony with this bend probably created by the overdubbing guitar.

In the backing track we ear some guitar. When I am going to post it, do you want me to record it or without the backing track and if you want me to record with the backing should you send me a new backing track without any guitars???

Anyway there is a few questions in there and I hope you understand everything

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 15 2010, 05:10 PM
Instructor
Hi Simon, I understand what you mean. Regarding the low E on 12th fret, yes, it is a ringing note and it's ok if you also do the vibrato on it but it would be much better if you try to practice only vibrating the higher note.
The micro bending and vibrato over chords is very used in this style and I think that the master of this is Tomy Iommi. I didn't tabbed this because it is more like a free interpretation thing. So feel free to add this when you feel that it will sound great. If you are not used to these techniques over power chords, you should practice it as a individual exercises playing only one chord.

You can add extra guitars if you want but it's not the most important aspect of the assignment.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Feb 16 2010, 06:54 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 15 2010, 11:10 AM) *
The micro bending and vibrato over chords is very used in this style and I think that the master of this is Tomy Iommi.

I taught it was a whole step bend.... going from the 4th to the 5th...

Anyway I am really struggling on this rythm part but I am going to continue to practice it...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Feb 16 2010, 09:40 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hi Gab,

Here is my 2nd assignement.. It is not perfect I know but I needed to post something... I am going to continue practicing this lesson and I am going to learn the solo as well to post it in the REC for the future.

I have decided to record the guitar with the backing track...

As always your comments are more then welcome...

Edit: Fixed the youtube video

This post has been edited by Crazy_Diamond: Feb 16 2010, 10:05 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Feb 17 2010, 06:19 AM
Learning Rock Star
It's me again....

I have recorded a second version of the Velvet Revolver style lesson. Here it is

Tell me what you think of this one and specially if it is good enough to post in the REC program.

Thanks !!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 20 2010, 06:34 PM
Instructor
Hey Simon! You have been working hard this week! That's great! The assignment sounds very good. You didn't have problem with the vibrato in the second riff man! I just note some little timing problems in the power chords last part. This is something that I have been noting in many of your rhythm takes. So, we must concentrate on this! One thing that I must know is.. do you note this? and if you do it what about isolating this part and practicing first over metronome and then over a drum loop? It's important to record yourself to let you discover if the timing is ok. The other sections of the take are very good. And I think that it's an excellent idea to work on the solo and record a take for the REC!

REC TAKE: This take is a very good take and with some little adjustments it would be a 10 points rec take! Once again I note that the little timing issues are here. This is not something to worry but it's something that could put your playing in a new level. This time I note that this problems appears more frequently when you are going from one section to another section. It seams that you start to think on the next part and lost concentration in the part that you are currently playing. Does this make sense? Your bending are much better than before and I think that your vibrato could be stronger most of the times.
BTW I think that this lesson is definitely appropriated to be posted in the REC program.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Feb 20 2010, 07:17 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 20 2010, 12:34 PM) *
Hey Simon! You have been working hard this week! That's great! The assignment sounds very good. You didn't have problem with the vibrato in the second riff man! I just note some little timing problems in the power chords last part. This is something that I have been noting in many of your rhythm takes. So, we must concentrate on this! One thing that I must know is.. do you note this? and if you do it what about isolating this part and practicing first over metronome and then over a drum loop? It's important to record yourself to let you discover if the timing is ok. The other sections of the take are very good. And I think that it's an excellent idea to work on the solo and record a take for the REC!

I confirm about the timing issues in the rythm... While I was playing I wasn't really giving any attention to the timing in the rythm section, since it was fairly easy I tought it was tight. I notice some timing issues after I recorded my take. To my ear it sounded like a bad reverb.... I was thinking about practicing the solo and pos it in the REC program while practicing the rythm section more precisely.

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 20 2010, 12:34 PM) *
REC TAKE: This take is a very good take and with some little adjustments it would be a 10 points rec take! Once again I note that the little timing issues are here. This is not something to worry but it's something that could put your playing in a new level. This time I note that this problems appears more frequently when you are going from one section to another section. It seams that you start to think on the next part and lost concentration in the part that you are currently playing. Does this make sense? Your bending are much better than before and I think that your vibrato could be stronger most of the times.
BTW I think that this lesson is definitely appropriated to be posted in the REC program.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif So true ..... I always think too much while playing and it screws my timing.... This problems appears espcially while I am trying to record something. I am focusing on doing something so perfect that I start to think and I screw my timing. I will continue to work on bending and vibrato... it is not an easy task really not .... I have been playing guitar and nobdy ever told me that my bending where not in tune and my vibrato was sloppy. After 8 or 7 years of playing on and off it creates so much bad habit.... Anyway, I am going to move the Velvet Revolver style lesson to the REC...

Is there other assignement for the month???

Thanks for your feedback man I always find them relevant...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 20 2010, 07:32 PM
Instructor
It's great to know that you notice this and that you'll concentrated on this things! This will really improve your playing! One thing that I didn't ask you is what you are using to rec your guitar. Maybe there is a latency problem that is makes more difficult to play perfectly at tempo.
I'll post your next assignment later!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:30 AM