Strat: Sss To Hss Conversion
Mudbone
Sep 5 2011, 08:58 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hey Ivan I noticed you have a Strat with a humbucker in the bridge, did that come stock or did you install it at a later time? I plan on installing a humbucker and new single coils in my Strat, and was hoping you could offer some insight. I have a Seymour Duncan JB in a lawsuit Les Paul that I'm going to install in the Strat, but I'm not sure if its going to fit. Its the SH-4 variety, which is narrower than the TB-4. From what I understand the TB-4 is meant for guitars equipped with a Floyd Rose trem, but I'm not sure if its also for all tremolo equipped guitars. Have you had any experience installing a regular spaced SD pickup in a Strat?

My goal for this guitar is to make it versatile for many styles, such as metal, blues, and cleans. It will have a moderately hot bridge humbucker for metal stuff and low output single coils for bluesy stuff and cleans. Imbalanced? Yes, but thats kinda the way I want it biggrin.gif Also, do you have any experience with shielding the guitar cavity?

Anybody else that has some experience with this, please feel free to chime in biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:47 AM