Solid Pratice Routine
ElHombre
Oct 31 2013, 06:04 PM
Learning Rock Star
I have probably started topics about this before and ranted around about it for ages.
Im a fusion player and I listen a lot to Tom Qualyes instructional videos.
Well he said u have to know the fretboard inside out and hes right.

I can only say im comfortable in a few keys cause I have improvised so much in them.
Anyway

A good solid system for praticing this?
Its so much to know in one key. I am forced know to learn the CAGED.
But all the modes, arpeggios, everything.

How can you really pratice to know all this in every key.
I know it takes time, but I need a good system

Cheers

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
verciazghra
Oct 31 2013, 06:46 PM
GMC:er
Hey man, have you tried giving your scale practices and licks practices a go with the Circle of Fifths? It's pretty easy to learn, altho it can sound pretty difficult. I take my scales, arpeggios, licks, whatever around the circle of fifths a lot, both because it strengthens my playing in other keys(however i'm not an improvisor) and as well as i'm playing an 8-string guitar so I need to physically learn to play in different parts of the guitar(since the extended scale length makes it very much different at the lower frets).

QUOTE (ElHombre @ Oct 31 2013, 06:04 PM) *
I have probably started topics about this before and ranted around about it for ages.
Im a fusion player and I listen a lot to Tom Qualyes instructional videos.
Well he said u have to know the fretboard inside out and hes right.

I can only say im comfortable in a few keys cause I have improvised so much in them.
Anyway

A good solid system for praticing this?
Its so much to know in one key. I am forced know to learn the CAGED.
But all the modes, arpeggios, everything.

How can you really pratice to know all this in every key.
I know it takes time, but I need a good system

Cheers

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." -Leonard Bernstein

"The only love affair I have ever had was with music." -Maurice Ravel

"There's no such place as dumb question." -Dose One

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 1 2013, 06:52 PM
Instructor
I think that using the Circle is a good option and training yourself to observe and analyze what you are playing consciously. For instance, take the ii V I progression and move it around the Circle in every key. Try voicings of the same progression and see how they sound, also based on the Circle. There's a lot of ground to cover and you should start by thinking about what you should know how to do in ONE KEY and then apply it to the others smile.gif Let's start from here.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:17 AM